Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 49 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
Sprite Competition 32, Boogaloo of Electric Proportions
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Sprite Competition 32
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:03 pm 
Pootis
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yes, and your entry doesn't count Rystar - you take a non-ghost character and make it a ghost.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:06 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Quotient wrote:
Yes, and your entry doesn't count Rystar - you take a non-ghost character and make it a ghost.

If so, Game's entry doesn't count either - it's the same exact character.

Besides, it counts on the grounds that I made a goomba a ghost. Cut me some slack, the LM2 requirement was strict enough :/

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:12 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Quotient wrote:

To be fair, you never said it had to be an original concept, just that we had to take an enemy and sprite it as a ghost in in the same design style as LM2, which he did do.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:24 pm 
Pootis
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
*Character, plus, it's probably pretty obvious that you don't take a ghost and sprite it as a ghost.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:07 pm 
fka "Doc"
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

is it really too much of a bother to accept it?
will it ruin your topic and your day if it was accepted?
don't think so. They should both be accepted. even if the rule was "intended"; it's still not fair and should be taken under consideration.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:53 pm 
Pootis
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
It doesn't fit the theme. Simple as that.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:07 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Quotient wrote:
Sprite Mario characters/enemies as ghosts

Um Goombas are enemies and can be turned to ghosts so

---

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:00 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Note, although I wanted to stay out of this, my feelings and attitudes about this comp, and Rystar convinced me to say some words here.

http://s16.postimg.org/4prttnq39/Screen_Shot114.png

You know, you are pulling off a Hello move and being an ass at the same time. You actively are refusing to listen to what the members said about your decision. You are coming across as full of yourself, and displaying both stupidity and having a blatant disregard of the competitor's attitudes, thoughts, and criticisms in your decisions.

Although Im not a competitor in this, I can tell when a comp is run well. Why am I saying this: A couple of members are complaining about the lack of clarity in the rules regarding which Mario character are we NOT supposed to sprite in your poorly-defined terms. You only told us to sprite the Mario characters as ghost in whatever terms your rules entailed, but you didn't, told em about enemies that already have a ghost forme, and you added it in the last minute when the comp ended. That technicality should of been in the rules the MOMENT you started this comp. It shows a lack of forethought and planning, and to top it off, you are refusing to count Rystar's and GamePixel's entries as valid, and with the inclusion of the rule in the last minute, you unfairly penalized them without a good, proper explaination, and when they had the validity and legitimacy to point out the fault of your actions, you refused to listen to them. That is shameful behavior exhibiting from the host of this comp. This provides the reasons on the calling out in the first paragraph that summarizes this paragraph.

You are bringing down your own comp, ruining the sprit of it, and your actions may or will spawn a flame war. All of it can be averted if you just count Rystar's and GamePixel's entries as legit and if, you had done the necessary planning and inclusion of that rule so that they would know what else NOT to sprite for this competition during its conception. Im done speaking.

Last edited by DarkSideStrike on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

I am the true darkness. MFGG stands in my way!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:07 pm 
it's ironic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Rystar's entry isn't the Terakuribo, it's just a Goomba. Although the Terakuribo is a real enemy, he was simply stating that his final product closely resembled that enemy, but is not to be confused with such.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 am 
Pootis
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Basically, you guys are trying to expand the theme into respriting ghost characters as well as the original. Consider this sprite competition cancelled, and let someone else make the REAL 32.

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:38 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
You can't just scrap your competition. People actually put effort in their works and now you're saying: "Sorry, I can't decide if Rystar's entry is allowed or not so I just scrap the whole competition and your hard work is gone." Seriously, just allow Rystar's and Game's entries, what's the problem besides they have broke 1 rule, which was pretty vague anyway.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 am 
fka "Doc"
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

WreckingGoomba wrote:
You can't just scrap your competition. People actually put effort in their works and now you're saying: "Sorry, I can't decide if Rystar's entry is allowed or not so I just scrap the whole competition and your hard work is gone." Seriously, just allow Rystar's and Game's entries, what's the problem besides they have broke 1 rule, which was pretty vague anyway.

^

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Doc wrote:
WreckingGoomba wrote:

^

I have to agree with WreckingGoomba and Doc here. It's not fair for someone to put their time into spriting something only for you to cancel the competition.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Wow, seriously? "Oh, I accepted Game's entry but don't wanna accept Rystar's because he admitted it's a Terekuribo. Let's just scrap the competition!" Sorry to say that, but that's some real d**k move to make and really unfair to those who put effort into the sprites as the others stated above.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:57 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
No offense Quotient but it's very immature to scrap this competition just because someone's entry did not seems to fit somehow in 1/2 and 1/2.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Alright, so here's a quick run-down of why Quotient thinks mine and Game's entries don't count: because the goomba already has a ghost form. Okay then, but that also means Mit's Mario doesn't count, because Mario already has a ghost form too. Now before you snap at me with some stupid "that's a boo and boos are not ghosts" crap, the Terekuribō enemy that you're pointing at for already being a goomba ghost (thus somehow disqualifying my entry for a rule you made up out of nowhere) literally translates to "Boo Goomba", not "Ghost Goomba", and if you're going to make boos distinct from ghosts as an excuse for the Mario to be allowed, then so can the goomba.

I'd also like to point out that this is the most pointless argument ever.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Evil Yoshi - Image
Mit - Image
UltLuigi - Image
Rystar - Image
GamePixel - Image

FINAL VOTING GO

[jp]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:20 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mit

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:22 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mit

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:22 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mit

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 49 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked