Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:46 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:
And I'll just shut up from this point on. You're never changing your mind about this so I'm not gonna bother trying anymore.

It's not that I won't change my mind, it's simply hard to compromise with someone who's acting like you've been. I've already shown that I'm willing to work with everyone on getting the rules to be more fair, the issue is that, right out of the gate, I have you jumping at me like I committed a huge crime. Look at it from my point of view. We've had the same general rules (give or take a few changes) for the last 4 years with no issue. Suddenly, I make a note related to a rule, and I'm greeted with "Well thanks for making the topic a whole month in advance and waiting until NOW to give us this pro-tip.". Honestly, if you had dropped the attitude and just said "Hey, I think we should rethink that rule.", then we'd probably have resolved this long ago. Now that we finally have people talking calmly and not lashing out, we can finally make some progress. Now, I don't want this to drag on any more. In the future, if you have an issue with a rule, I encourage you to let me know, just do so in a more civil manner. I'm more than willing to alter the set up to make things more fun, but you have to be willing to work with me.

All that nonesense aside, I'm more than willing to make E3 Bingo last the full month prior to E3 starting (plus E3 week). The main issue we'd need to resolve is how do we avoid people waiting until the last minute to turn in a cart to get a free bingo. I mean, the deadline is E3 week, so whats stopping someone from making a card consisting of leaks and pre-E3 things, turning it in on the last day, and getting an easy win? But yeah for now, anything announced as of... whenever I made this topic, is fair game.

DJ Coco wrote:
Yeah, I could tick off "Callie shown" pretty much as she was shown to be the main antagonist in the artwork revealed at the end of the trailer.

EDIT: Spoilered as some people might consider it a spoiler

Not to be a buzz kill, but would it count? I only ask because I don't think they officially stated it was her. I mean, it most likely is, but yeah, wasn't sure if there was an official confirmation.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:54 pm 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
I mean, the deadline is E3 week, so whats stopping someone from making a card consisting of leaks and pre-E3 things, turning it in on the last day, and getting an easy win? But yeah for now, anything announced as of... whenever I made this topic, is fair game.

One could always disqualify announcements that have already been made at the time of submission.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:58 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Magnemania wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
I mean, the deadline is E3 week, so whats stopping someone from making a card consisting of leaks and pre-E3 things, turning it in on the last day, and getting an easy win? But yeah for now, anything announced as of... whenever I made this topic, is fair game.

One could always disqualify announcements that have already been made at the time of submission.

I considered that, but then people would probably pull a "But I started making it before that announcement, I just forgot to post it". I think all we can do is encourage people to play fair honestly and not include something that had been announced prior to them making their card.

Also, I'm going to say that I think only official announcements should count to avoid "Well this rumor says we ARE getting ______".

EDIT- Boom, finished my card. Went simple with it this year. Idk, I think I'm too excited for my trip to E3 to focus on making my card all fancy.
And no, I have no plans of actually crashing the Microsoft show (obviously), I just couldn't think of any other gag for my free space.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:46 pm 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Cross Mario x rabbids off the list...
https://mobile.twitter.com/NinEverythin ... 5081421824

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[fr]
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 pm 
спасибо
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
They said something about a surprise reveal on E3. Speculations will be interesting.

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm not saying this as an official thing since no one else weighed in on it, but should anything revealed prior to E3 be off limits for any future cards?

Basically I'm asking because the Rabbids X Mario game. My thought would be that any cards as of today with "Rabbids/Mario RPG is real" should have to change that space since it's already confirmed. Obviously, if you guessed that BEFORE today, it's fine, but anyone "guessing" it after todays reveal seems like a cheap win, at least to me.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:05 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I would've thought it was obvious that posting a card with a square that's already been confirmed before the card being posted was a not okay.

Isn't that in the rules?

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:
I would've thought it was obvious that posting a card with a square that's already been confirmed before the card being posted was a not okay.

Isn't that in the rules?

Yes, it is in the rules, however the rules recently started a huge fiasco, so I'm trying to make sure everything is fine tuned at this point. Like, yeah, I personally know that it wouldn't be okay to have something like that on your card, but I'm trying to make sure I'm not overlooking something that will cause problems.

I guess a simple solution is for people to simply post a WIP of their sheet if they are afraid something will be revealed before they finish it.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:43 am 
:3c
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mario & Rabbids thing isn't confirmed yet, so I'll keep it on my card, for now.

My signature is very empty now that I've removed the advertising. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:29 pm 
спасибо
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Whew, I'm finished!

As usual, some of these squares might need a bit of explanation, so here we go:

- More of Microsoft's didgeridoos: Hololens, stuff like that. Scorpio does not count as a didgeridoo.
- The freshest, hip hoppinest, iconic Ubisoft memes: Ubisoft tries to pander to the fellow kids and attempts to say funny things. Iconic is a meme of theirs so if they say it, it's checked.
- Heavy emphasis on people trying out a 264850 player match: EA wants people to play Battlefront 2, basically.
- At least 3 trailer or gameplay cliffhangers: You know when there's a fight happening and the final blow is going to happen but it cuts to the title? Yeah, that.
- FF7 Remake has a projected release date: If they mention the year of release, it's checked.
- Bethesda goes for the kill on another beloved franchise: Quake Champions does NOT count, they have to announce a new game of a franchise we all know and love, and also they have to gut the game so it loses all purpose as to what makes its series something we love so much.
- Obligatory Indie Dev on stage: Devolver Digital announced a conference for E3, and they're THE Indie publisher, so they don't count. I'm looking at major publishers wanting to look nice and shove a single person on stage to talk about their abstract, shoestring budgeted game.
- Intel steals AMD's spotlight at the PC show: Barely anyone here knows or cares about the PC show, but I do and it's part of E3. Intel is the new sponsor for this year's show, but they need to show new products to steal their competitor's shine.
- Really late to the reboot train: REBOOTS, not REMASTERS. We're talking character designs, story, plot, etc.
- 4k+ resolution is the future: Nowadays, companies are trying to push for bigger displays without caring about consistent framerates. In other words, Quantity over Quality.

This is the hardest E3 bingo card yet, I'm taking many more shots in the dark on this one. I'll change this accordingly, if there ever is a confirmed rumor that matches one of my squares.

Last edited by Pea on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:53 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Just a reminder folks, we are a week away from E3, and the deadline is heading in fast.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:04 am 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Why don't we make bingo cards based on separate showcases? A reminder of them:
-Nintendo
-Sony
-Microsoft
-ubisoft
And some others I forgot

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:21 am 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Thatgamerguy2234 wrote:
-Nintendo
-Sony
-Microsoft
-ubisoft
And some others I forgot

A stellar reminder

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:38 am 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Syaxamaphone wrote:
Thatgamerguy2234 wrote:
-Nintendo
-Sony
-Microsoft
-ubisoft
And some others I forgot

A stellar reminder

I'll be here all week, folks.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:19 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
That would be a number of chances to win, removing some of the challenge, not to mention most people around here only care about the nintendo show anyways (as seen last year when a lot of people said they'd rather not make a card in general if Nintendo was only showing Zelda), so it really seems unnecessary.

If we were to do something like that, it would probably be next year, since this E3 is already here basically. That said, I'm personally more for keeping it to a single card. I'm not against people making multiple cards if they want, but I'd say that they'd have to pick one to be their card for the badge.

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:06 pm 
спасибо
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Kojima won't be able to present anything about Death Stranding, so I've updated my card in my previous post.

Can't say I like the news though.

[fr]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 pm 
спасибо
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
And would you know it, bingo!

All the harder squares have been checked for some reason, but I won't complain. Microsoft did mention 60fps on Forza, but the 20-esque other games had 0 mention of framerates and all had 4K slapped into the trailer, so I'm counting that as a check.

As I've been told, Halo 3 IS on the Master Chief Collection, so that was an uncheckable square. Guess I should have done more research.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I think I have a bingo. I heard someone mentioning that Sony was having issues with the volume at some point in their presentation, so I'm counting that as a technical difficulty I suppose.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:05 pm 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Sony had volume issues from their direct stream during the Uncharted trailer.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:57 pm 
:3c
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I really f*cked up this year didn't I? I would've gotten a bingo, but I just had to leave that damn splatoon 2 square there like an idiot, because I forgot this thing existed. Oh well, maybe I'll finally get that badge next year.

My signature is very empty now that I've removed the advertising. :(

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked