[ 6 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
June 2016 Game of the Month, Super Mario 64: Really Good Edition
 [us]
 Post subject: June 2016 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:26 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Super Mario 64: Really Good Edition by Blutorus

Blutorus decided that one Game of the Month award wasn't enough for the first half of 2016, so he rolled out another GOTM-worthy game after Annalynn won in March! Super Mario 64: Really Good Edition won the second Joke Game Contest of 2016, and while Really Good Edition is quite an offbeat game, it offers solid gameplay and an excellent engine. I'd love to see a similar engine resurface in a full-length game. The graphics aren't quite Wii U-quality, but I can guarantee you that they will make you smile, or your money back*. Really Good Edition makes very creative use of music and sound effects, which may or may not include traces of SiIvaGunner. Complete with riveting duels against the Pringles guy and a footrace of epic proportions against Sanic himself, Super Mario 64: Really Good Edition is a unique experience that you really have to play to experience. Don't forget to grab a Mountain Dew and a bag of Doritos while the game is downloading, though - this game could make you hungry.

* You shouldn't have paid anything to play this game, which makes it slightly easier for Blutorus and me to guarantee you a refund.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
 Post subject: Re: June 2016 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:22 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Congrats!
This is one of the few joke games I know that doesn't suck entirely ;)

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:00 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Congrats, Blu! It was a nice experience. I'd love to see more of this. :)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:02 pm 
heartbeat, increasing heartbeat
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
while the actual game itself isn't that funny to me - it's just kind of a rat king of recent memes mashed together - i do think that a lot of work was put into the engine for it being a joke game and with luck it'll be instrumental in paving the way for joke games to be both funny and rich in a gameplay sense, which is definitely something that needs to start happening more often

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:43 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Greeno wrote:
while the actual game itself isn't that funny to me - it's just kind of a rat king of recent memes mashed together - i do think that a lot of work was put into the engine for it being a joke game and with luck it'll be instrumental in paving the way for joke games to be both funny and rich in a gameplay sense, which is definitely something that needs to start happening more often

I actually agree, to an extent. I was surprised to see the game's engine be so well thought out considering the graphics are this sort of Turd Feast-esque MS Paint monstrosity that's been popular for the last handful of years.

What happened to goofy clashing sprites? At least that had some charm to it, even if it isn't like... well made.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:55 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, thanks for the congratulatory words, everyone! I won't disagree with what Greeno said in that it wasn't all that funny. I did ultimately have more fun putting the memes in there instead of checking to see if it would be funny first (even though it most likely wasn't to some), but hey, if I wind up doing more with this I'll probably have the other locations have different types of humor or something. And thanks to those that voted in the original joke game contest!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 6 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked