Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: MFGG E3 Bingo 2016
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:53 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
We are roughly a month away from E3 folks, so you know what that means? Yup, it's time to fill out some Bingo cards! I'm starting it about a week or so earlier this year to make sure everyone has more than enough time since we had a lot of last second entries last year.

---------------------

For those of you who don't know how E3 Bingo works, you start by filling out a bingo card with guesses as to what you think might be shown, or little events that may take place. Every time one of your predictions comes true, you mark it off on the card. Get a line going across your card (horizontal, vertical, diagonally) and you get a bingo.

----------------------

Rules
  • Your Bingo card spots can all be related to a single company, or to a mix of multiple companies.
  • You may only enter 1 card.
  • No officially confirmed guesses For example, you can't guess that Nintendo will be showing the new Zelda for the WiiU/NX.
  • All cards must be posted in this topic before June 12th to count.
  • E3 ends on the 16th. If a company reveals info related to your card after their show, it WILL count, as long as it's related to E3.
  • Anything information leaked prior to the week of E3 (June 12) that is on your card will NOT count. However, once we pass the 12th, and information will count as E3 will have begun.
  • Do not add flipped versions of your guesses. As in, do not have "Microsoft will show a new Halo" followed by "Microsoft will NOT show a new Halo".
  • No negations (unless the negated event is likely to show up based on current information)
    -Allowed: "Zelda U will not show up".
    -Not Allowed: "Super Mario: Fraggle Dance 64 will not show up".
  • Lets keep things fair and take our guesses seriously. Do not fill in spaces with answers that will 100% be a thing, like "Nintendo will show games", or "ET for the Atari will not get a direct sequel". Spots that are obviously made to give you a free check will have to be changed, or will be ignored from your card in the end.

And just a reminder, there will be a badge in it for those who get a Bingo.

Also, if anyone needs an example, here is my card from last year.
Spoiler:

And no, you don't have to do pictures.

Last edited by Chaoxys on Thu May 05, 2016 10:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2016
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:14 pm 
where are the dreamers gone?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
So far, I don't think there's a lot of content lined up on Nintendo's end. I guess I'll skip out on E3 Bingo this year if it keeps up. (I will be happy to do a bingo card for the NX reveal, though. Or maybe for a new Spaceworld.)

[us]
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:31 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Cake wrote:
So far, I don't think there's a lot of content lined up on Nintendo's end. I guess I'll skip out on E3 Bingo this year if it keeps up. (I will be happy to do a bingo card for the NX reveal, though. Or maybe for a new Spaceworld.)

They aren't showing the NX, and they only have Zelda on the floor. I don't think I've ever seen anyones bingo card make mention of what games they'd have on the show floor. As for the lack of the NX, them not having a new console to show never stopped us from doing Bingo in the past.

My point is that just because they won't show the new system/won't have many games demoed, doesn't mean they won't have a lot to show during their actual conference (plus, guesses can be based on more than just the games alone). Also, that wasn't directed solely at you Cake, but just a general note to anyone unsure on the matter.

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:18 am 
спасибо
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
It's that time of the year again. E3 '15 felt like yesterday, too. Looking forward to making this one.

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:23 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well, I just managed to make my card today. Here's how it is looking right now:

If there is something that is against the rules, then feel free to let me know!

Last edited by Q-Nova on Thu May 05, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:48 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Oh, I feel I should mention this since there was some confusion last yeah, but if a bingo space goes AGAINST something thats been confirmed, that is allowed. The rules is strictly against going WITH something that has been confirmed.

So for example, I could say that Nintendo will show the NX, even though they said they wouldn't.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:05 pm 
very dead
[*]
[*]
[*]
I kinda sorta filled it with some guesses that I'm sure won't be revealed or will happen, but I hope it wins nonetheless.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:29 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Has nobody ever mentioned that these rules are the most exploitable thing on the planet? Last year, almost every bingo card had at least one slot which was meaningless, lacked objectivity, or incredibly vague. According to these "rules", the following Bingo card is acceptable. If these rules are not mended for this particular event, consider it my entry.

Now, this card is awful, but each slot is ABSOLUTELY valid under these rules.

There is no rule against using the same slot more than once, as I did with my "An indie game is shown off which has not already been confirmed." slot (so provided that at least one indie game which has not already been confirmed to be showcased is, in fact, shown, then my entire bottom row is successful and I am guaranteed a badge).

There is no rule against one more abstract slot encompassing another slot, as that same slot I just mentioned would encompass "Cuphead is shown".

There are no rules against predicting a new title will not be shown for a dead console, such as "No new game is released for the Nintendo Gamecube".

There is no rule against inferring less abstract predictions from a confirmed subject, as "Nintendo does not showcase a new home console" and "Nintendo does not showcase a new handheld console" are both very likely to be accurate predictions considering Nintendo has revealed that the NX will not be showcased, and it is unlikely that they will reveal a new, unknown, console of either variety this E3.

There is no rule against predicting a direct sequel to a currently in-development or recently released game will not be showcased, such as "A sequel to Star Fox 0 is not shown off" and "Cuphead 2 is not showcased".

There are no rules to prevent one guessing that a game console which is already long past launch will not get a new launch title, such as, "The PS2 will not get a new launch title".

There is no rule against predicting an unlikely sequel to an obscure game will not be revealed, such as "There is not a new Wappy Dog game" or "There is no direct sequel to Space Cadet Pinball".

There is also no rule to prevent meaningless and entirely subjective slots being written (and this actually does occur in almost everybody's card), such as "At least one game I dont like is shown", "There is at least one game with good graphics", "Somebody tries to do something funny", or:

There are many many more flaws in this system than I just pointed out, but some of them have already been exploited by others in the past. In 2015, I expected that there was some unwritten rule amongst MFGG to not abuse the flaws in this system, but I was surprised at how horrendously exploited it was in 2015, and looking at the two cards above my post, 2016 is likely going to repeat this if major reform is not made now and forever.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:31 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
The issue is that, as you pointed out, there are countless ways to exploit it. We could write up an entire book on what not to do, and people would still find more. Best I can do is make a rule against using what would essentially be additional free spaces, to avoid anyone making spots for dumb things.

As for things being subjective, theres still usually a general consensus on most things. I remember a few people in the past asking others opinions on various parts of shows to get a general idea, but in the end, like I said, a large majority of people are on one side of the fence. For that Paper Mario one, I'd view it like SM3DW. After the first trailer, people were against it, but with the second trailer, people loved it.

All that aside, I'll tweak the rules some, but again, it's kinda impossible to perfect the rules.

EDIT- I basically added a rule that disallows making spots/scenarios/ect that will result in a 100% check off. I'm not sure if theres a better way to word it, so if someone has a better phrasing, let me know.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:46 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
EDIT- I basically added a rule that disallows making spots/scenarios/ect that will result in a 100% check off. I'm not sure if theres a better way to word it, so if someone has a better phrasing, let me know.
No negations (like "XY will NOT be shown")

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:00 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
No negations (like "XY will NOT be shown")

Added it, although I'm not sure if I understood your correctly.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:45 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
"XY will not be shown" is legit if there's been rumours about a certain game being made, or you KNOW a game is in development, but you don't think they'll show it at this stage. Take a stab in the dark and say they may not show off Pokemon Sun and Moon for example.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:53 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
http://e3.nintendo.com/
Nintendo's E3 site is up. There won't be a digital event or direct during E3 as far as I can tell, because they would've announced it by now.
(Again, I want to play, but there's not much Nintendo stuff to base my predictions off of. I have very little interest in other companies' presentations. With that said, I'd play bingo for the next direct / NX reveal.)

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:32 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm gonna make my card with normal stuff regardless of the announcement. Call it blind hope, but I have a feeling that we will get a surprise Direct in all of this. One reason being because Masuda will be at E3, and I find it odd that he'd attend E3 if they weren't showing Pokemon.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:57 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Honestly, I'm having doubts anything'll happen. People kept hoping great things would happen at last year's E3, even though that turned out to be a mediocre showing at best. Now they're literally telling people outright "it's just going to be Zelda - that's it" and somehow nobody believes them yet again.

I'm not saying Nintendo is the demon or anything (not that I could get how you'd get that from what I said), but Nintendo lately has shown that they disappoint time and time again. Why let them do it once more when they've already told you their plans?

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:23 am 
спасибо
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
They're focusing on things they're not ready to show yet.

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:26 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
is this ok

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Pea wrote:
They're focusing on things they're not ready to show yet.

I agree with you.
They've been doing this since last year's E3, which is why things have been pretty "disappointing" for a while.
At least we should get the big blowout on news this year, hopefully before November.

[at]
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:36 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Hope I didn't break any rules

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:27 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]

your move, nintendo

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked