Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [tr]
 Post subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] The Grammar Game!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:08 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Correction
You never cease to surprise me, blue hedgehog. I thought that capsule you were in exploded in space. So, there's more to you than just looking like me. Just what are you, anyway? I can't let you live. Your adventuring days are coming to an end!

What you see is what you get. Just a guy that loves adventure!
I'm sorry, I had to do this.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:54 pm 
Waka waka waka
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Xandalf

Quote:
I never understood the principals of past tense

I never understood the principles of past tense

koopatroopa323

Quote:
I liked how beautiful it's feathers were

I liked how beautiful its feathers were

Grumble Volcano - Mario Kart Wii

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:11 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I feel like all correction chances are gone now :(
and I'll be known as the loser who didn't correct anyone

(11/28/2020) Looking back at most of the things I did here many years ago makes me feel embarrassed :p But hey, we all started somewhere on the internet I guess. This site is basically the only remains of how I was years ago, and I can't look back at what me from over 5 years ago thought was "comedy" without cringing haha

I don't know if I'll return here some day, but I thank you all for the memories coming back to me after looking through my old posts. (which I advise you not to look through if you want to stay sane) If I do return, I do know of the new forum's existence, I just felt like looking back at posts here instead since I was more active on this one.

May the holidays go good if you are reading this around the time I am putting this text in my signature.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:05 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
koopatroopa323 wrote:
and I'll be known as the loser who didn't correct anyone

Count me in. :P

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:10 am 
VinnyVideo is the best admin ever.
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Correction phase time! Now it's your turn to look at people's corrections and check if there are any mistakes or redundant changes in them! If you point out one, you must provide a correct solution.
If you point out a flaw and were right, you will gain a point. You can win up to 3 points so try not to point out more than 3 mistakes! If your proposed correction is wrong, you will lose 2 points.

Karen Kujou
Spoiler:

Hypernova
Spoiler:

AsteriskX
Spoiler:

Xandalf
Spoiler:

LangtonSoft
Spoiler:

DracoHandsome
Spoiler:

Burning Fox
Spoiler:

Technoflops
Spoiler:

CouchTomato
Spoiler:

Blutorus
Spoiler:

Q-Nova
Spoiler:

koopatroopa323
Spoiler:

That's all I could find... Just that one above. (koopatroopa) and the one about 'principals' (Xandalf)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:59 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Too lazy to see what other people have already posted, so I'll just do a blanker correction.

DJ Coco wrote:
Correction phase time! Now it's your turn to look at people's corrections and check if there are any mistakes or redundant changes in them! If you point out one, you must provide a correct solution.
If you point out a flaw and were right, you will gain a point. You can win up to 3 points so try not to point out more than 3 mistakes! If your proposed correction is wrong, you will lose 2 points.

Karen Kujou
Spoiler:

Tomato Correction
Did you know? According to the host of this game, you can even win some prizes! I'm sure to give this game my best shot! Rumor has it that it's going to be a Steam game. I'm so excited! Finally, here I come! I must have that game by all means!

Hypernova
Spoiler:

Tomato Correction
As she was leaving for her airplane, I waved her goodbye. I wish we had more time to spend together, but all good things come to an end eventually. I can't change my feelings about her, but I'm sure I will get over it someday. I guess until then, I just have to conceal them within me.

AsteriskX
Spoiler:

Tomato Correction
Oh, you gave me so many presents! Thank you so much! You're really the best! I will return the favor someday, I promise! This is definitely the best Christmas I'll ever have, and it's all thanks to you!

Xandalf
Spoiler:

Tomato Correction Principals -> principles

LangtonSoft
Spoiler:

Tomato Correction: No-one does not need a hyphen.

DracoHandsome
Spoiler:

No changes.

Burning Fox
Spoiler:

(Already corrected above). Also, if you were to use the dash it should be "I wish we had more time to spend together—but all good things come to an end eventually."
Technoflops
Spoiler:

(Already corrected above)

CouchTomato
Spoiler:

Blutorus
Spoiler:

Tomato Correction
You never cease to surprise me, blue hedgehog. I thought the capsule you were in exploded in space. So there's more to you than just looking like me. Just what are you, anyway? I can't let you live. Your adventuring day are coming to an end!

Q-Nova
Spoiler:

(Already corrected above)

koopatroopa323
Spoiler:

Tomato Correction
Yesterday, a bird flew over our heads. I liked how beautiful its feathers were. Makes me wish I had a bird of my own. (Very technically proper is it "It makes me wish..." but it's colloquially acceptable to leave out the "It" in this sentence... and no one actually says "It makes me wish," that it's actually less correct to change it.)

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:23 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Correction phase is closed now! I'll have to discuss everything with Vinny before making a final judgment on all corrections handed in, and the corrections made to the corrections.
@ CouchTomato: You shouldn't correct everything. After all, you can't win more than 3 points per round - just pick three mistakes you are certain about and stick with them. In order to make sure you don't lose too many points, I'll just take the first three corrections of yours and ignore the rest.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:28 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
ROUND 1 RESULTS

Karen Kujou's correction
Spoiler:

Hypernova's correction
Spoiler:

AsteriskX's correction
Spoiler:

Xandalf's correction
Spoiler:

LangtonSoft's correction
Spoiler:

DracoHandsome's correction
Spoiler:

Burning Fox's correction
Spoiler:

Technoflops' correction
Spoiler:

CouchTomato's correction
Spoiler:

Blutorus's correction
Spoiler:

Q-Nova's correction
Spoiler:

koopatroopa323's correction
Spoiler:

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The new texts have been handed out!

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:59 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Quick reminder that not everyone has handed in their corrections yet! I think people would appreciate being able to proceed with the game, so it would be nice of you to take a look at your texts and hand in a correction ;)

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:09 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Hypernova, Xandalf and Technoflops still haven't handed in their correction yet -
please do so within 3 days or the game will continue without you!

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:01 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Sorry for the delay. Correction phase starts now!

Blutorus
Quote:
Original Text:
I am kind of upset that you became a global moderator now and got in sight on all of the staff's top secret materials, such as the grammar texts, including their corrections. If only you haven't applied, I wouldn't have to come up with a new text now. Thanks for nothing, jack ass.

Correction:
I am kind of upset that you became a global moderator now and got insight on all of the staff's top secret materials, such as the grammar texts with their corrections. If you hadn't applied, I wouldn't have to come up with a new text. Thanks for nothing, jackass.

CouchTomato
Quote:
Original Text:
Florida is considered the lightning capitol of the United States. Thunderstorm's are a frequent event in this state, especially during the summer. While your odds of being struck by lightening are low, its a good idea to head indoors as soon as you see lightning. Getting zapped by lightning is dangerous! Lightning can also hit power lines and cause you to loose electricity. Surges and spikes caused by lightning strikes can harm electronic devices, remember to unplug your computer and game consoles during a thunderstorm.

Correction:
Florida is considered the lightning capital of the United States. Thunderstorms are a frequent event in this state, especially during the summer. While your odds of being struck by lightning are low, it's a good idea to head indoors as soon as you see lightning. Getting zapped by lightning is dangerous! Lightning can also hit power lines and cause you to lose electricity. Surges and spikes caused by lightning strikes can harm electronic devices. Remember to unplug your computer and game consoles during a thunderstorm.

AsteriskX
Quote:
Original Text:
Okay, pick who it is in the line-up and we can finally lock up this notorius sureal killer. Pick a number from one through four. The chosen guy by you will be sent to jail, the others we will let go.

Correction:
Okay, pick who it is in the line-up and we can finally lock up this notorious serial killer. Pick a number from one through four. The chosen guy by you will be sent to jail, the others we will let go.

koopatroopa323
Quote:
Original Text:
For many years, peoples have thought that the Earth was flat. Nowadays, it seems quiet ridiculous to us, don't it? But here's a fun fact: Thousands of years before people finally realized the Earth was flat, someone had all ready figured out our planet was round - and even calculated it's perimeter! And yet, theirs a small group of people that still thinks the Earth is shaped like a plate. Back too school, I would say!

Correction:
For many years, people had thought that the Earth was flat. Nowadays, it seems quiet ridiculous to us, doesn’t it? But here's a fun fact: Thousands of years before people finally realized the Earth was flat, someone had already figured out our planet was round - and even calculated its perimeter! And yet, there’s a small group of people that still thinks the Earth is shaped like a plate. Back to school, I would say!

DracoHandsome
Quote:
Original Text:
It was a nice sunny sunday afternoon, when Jake decided to go for a walk. The whether reports had forecasted an upcoming storm, but the sun has shined so bright, Jake thought to himself they are false. Suddenly a wild storm came up, and it started pouring heavy! Poor Jake has become all soaked! So Jake thought to himself "I should of known and trusted the reports!". I hope he'll take an umbrella with him next time!

Correction:
It was a nice sunny Sunday afternoon when Jake decided to go for a walk. The weather reports had forecast an upcoming storm, but the sun had been shining so brightly, Jake thought to himself they were false. Suddenly a wild storm came up and it started pouring heavily! Poor Jake became all soaked! So Jake thought to himself, "I should have known and trusted the reports!" I hope he takes an umbrella with him next time!

LangtonSoft
Quote:
Original Text:
He had told me that he ain't needed money. I didn't buy his story thought, so I still borrowed him some cash. Why can't he just speak up when he's in troubles? Last time he fell quiet, claiming he had his money issues under control, he all most was kicked off his rental apartment. It's not like I mind to give a friend a financial boost.

Correction:
He had told me that he didn't need money. I didn't buy his story though, so I still borrowed him some cash. Why can't he just speak up when he's in trouble? Last time he fell quiet, claiming he had his money issues under control, he almost was kicked out of his rental apartment. It's not like I mind giving a friend a financial boost.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:04 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Posting here mainly because the topic is supposed to be unlocked during corrections.

DJ Coco wrote:
I am kind of upset that you became a global moderator now and got insight on all of the staff's top secret materials, such as the grammar texts with their corrections. If you hadn't applied, I wouldn't have to come up with a new text. Thanks for nothing, jackass.

I love you too.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:32 pm 
VinnyVideo is the best admin ever.
[*]
[*]
Six comments...In a row? And I got warned for doing the same even though I didn't know that was bad at the time.

So what's happening with this game anyway? Is this the final round or somthing?

EDIT: ok, I guess it's done...That was...An interesting experience...:blank:

Last edited by AsteriskX on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:57 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

AsteriskX
Quote:
Original Text:
Okay, pick who it is in the line-up and we can finally lock up this notorius sureal killer. Pick a number from one through four. The chosen guy by you will be sent to jail, the others we will let go.

Correction:
Okay, pick who it is in the line-up and we can finally lock up this notorious serial killer. Pick a number from one through four. The chosen guy by you will be sent to jail, the others we will let go.

1. Line-up should be lineup.
2. "The chosen guy by you" should be "The guy chosen by you"
(there's another, but I'll leave it to someone else cause I actually did this second)

LangtonSoft
Quote:
Original Text:
He had told me that he ain't needed money. I didn't buy his story thought, so I still borrowed him some cash. Why can't he just speak up when he's in troubles? Last time he fell quiet, claiming he had his money issues under control, he all most was kicked off his rental apartment. It's not like I mind to give a friend a financial boost.

Correction:
He had told me that he didn't need money. I didn't buy his story though, so I still borrowed him some cash. Why can't he just speak up when he's in trouble? Last time he fell quiet, claiming he had his money issues under control, he almost was kicked out of his rental apartment. It's not like I mind giving a friend a financial boost.

3. so I still borrowed him some cash -> so I still lent him some cash.

Also, for the future, can you implement a time limit? Like at the very longest, one week? That was kinda ridiculous.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Blutorus wrote:
Posting here mainly because the topic is supposed to be unlocked during corrections.
Damn, I totally forgot about that. Thanks.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 pm 
Oops! All Berries
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Let's see how I can get even more points deducted from my score.

koopatroopa323 wrote:
Original Text:
For many years, peoples have thought that the Earth was flat. Nowadays, it seems quiet ridiculous to us, don't it? But here's a fun fact: Thousands of years before people finally realized the Earth was flat, someone had all ready figured out our planet was round - and even calculated it's perimeter! And yet, theirs a small group of people that still thinks the Earth is shaped like a plate. Back too school, I would say!

Correction:
For many years, people had thought that the Earth was flat. Nowadays, it seems quiet ridiculous to us, doesn't it? But here's a fun fact: Thousands of years before people finally realized the Earth was flat, someone had already figured out our planet was round - and even calculated its perimeter! And yet, there’s a small group of people that still thinks the Earth is shaped like a plate. Back to school, I would say!

• "it seems quiet ridiculous to us" - "quiet" should be "quite"
  • "people that still thinks" - "thinks" should be "think"

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:24 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
CouchTomato wrote:
Also, for the future, can you implement a time limit? Like at the very longest, one week? That was kinda ridiculous.
Yep, from now on it's a week max

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:06 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

LangtonSoft wrote:
[*]"it seems quiet ridiculous to us" - "quiet" should be "quite"
[*]"people that still thinks" - "thinks" should be "think"[/list]

k I lost bye

(11/28/2020) Looking back at most of the things I did here many years ago makes me feel embarrassed :p But hey, we all started somewhere on the internet I guess. This site is basically the only remains of how I was years ago, and I can't look back at what me from over 5 years ago thought was "comedy" without cringing haha

I don't know if I'll return here some day, but I thank you all for the memories coming back to me after looking through my old posts. (which I advise you not to look through if you want to stay sane) If I do return, I do know of the new forum's existence, I just felt like looking back at posts here instead since I was more active on this one.

May the holidays go good if you are reading this around the time I am putting this text in my signature.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Correction phase is over now!

Also, I forgot to respond to this earlier.
AsteriskX wrote:
Six comments...In a row? And I got warned for doing the same even though I didn't know that was bad at the time.
Double posts are not permitted unless
1) There lie 24 hours inbetween
2) There is relevant information to be added

I had to post six times in a row to mark the thread as unread so people can see there was an update. Posting six times in a row for no reason with no significant time span inbetween breaks the rules, though.
AsteriskX wrote:
So what's happening with this game anyway? Is this the final round or somthing?

EDIT: ok, I guess it's done...That was...An interesting experience...:blank:
What made you think that? The game is still going. Round 3 will start soon which may or may not be the final round.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked