Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [at]
 Post subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] The Grammar Game!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:47 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Results for ROUND 2

Blutorus
Quote:
Correction:
I am kind of upset that you became a global moderator now and got insight on all of the staff's top secret materials, such as the grammar texts with their corrections. If you hadn't applied, I wouldn't have to come up with a new text. Thanks for nothing, jackass.

Redundant correction: ", including their corrections" is not wrong.
Redundant correction: "only" didn't need to be cut
Oversight: "I wouldn't have to come up" should be "I wouldn't have had to come up"

Blutorus leaves the game!

CouchTomato
Quote:
Correction:
Florida is considered the lightning capital of the United States. Thunderstorms are a frequent event in this state, especially during the summer. While your odds of being struck by lightning are low, it's a good idea to head indoors as soon as you see lightning. Getting zapped by lightning is dangerous! Lightning can also hit power lines and cause you to lose electricity. Surges and spikes caused by lightning strikes can harm electronic devices. Remember to unplug your computer and game consoles during a thunderstorm.

Flawless correction!

Corrections made:
line-up should be lineup -> +1
the guy chosen by you -> +1
borrowed -> lent -> +1

CouchTomato obviously remains in the game.

AsteriskX
Quote:
Correction:
Okay, pick who it is in the line-up and we can finally lock up this notorious serial killer. Pick a number from one through four. The chosen guy by you will be sent to jail, the others we will let go.

Wrong correction (Mistake is not counted): The word looked for was "surreal" instead of "serial". I didn't think of that it could also be interpreted as "serial", so I'm not counting this one.
Oversight: ""The chosen guy by you"" should be "The guy chosen by you"

AsteriskX remains in the game.

koopatroopa323
Quote:
Correction:
For many years, people had thought that the Earth was flat. Nowadays, it seems quiet ridiculous to us, doesn’t it? But here's a fun fact: Thousands of years before people finally realized the Earth was flat, someone had already figured out our planet was round - and even calculated its perimeter! And yet, there’s a small group of people that still thinks the Earth is shaped like a plate. Back to school, I would say!

Oversight: "quiet" should be "quite".

koopatroopa323 remains in the game!

DracoHandsome
Quote:
Correction:
It was a nice sunny Sunday afternoon when Jake decided to go for a walk. The weather reports had forecast an upcoming storm, but the sun had been shining so brightly, Jake thought to himself they were false. Suddenly a wild storm came up and it started pouring heavily! Poor Jake became all soaked! So Jake thought to himself, "I should have known and trusted the reports!" I hope he takes an umbrella with him next time!

Redundant correction: "forecasted" as well as "forecast" are correct.

I let the "he'll take" correction slide. Your version sounds better, but "he'll take" isn't wrong.

DracoHandsome remains in the game.

LangtonSoft
Quote:
Correction:
He had told me that he didn't need money. I didn't buy his story though, so I still borrowed him some cash. Why can't he just speak up when he's in trouble? Last time he fell quiet, claiming he had his money issues under control, he almost was kicked out of his rental apartment. It's not like I mind giving a friend a financial boost.

Oversight: "borrowed" should be "lent".

Corrections made:
"quiet" to "quite" -> +1
"thinks" to "think" -> -2

Langton remains in the game!

Round 3 will start soon
EDIT: Texts have been handed out

EDIT 2: CouchTomato was right with his "line-up" correction. It is indeed not a real word, but oversights of that word won't count as mistakes.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:53 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
CORRECTION PHASE - ROUND 3

I have some pretty bad luck with my beauty on four wheels lately. Recently my beautiful car had broken down. It's still in repair, so I can't go anywhere at the moment, which really sucks. I was looking forward to the roadtrip with my roommate, but it seems that he'll have to go alone. The engineer said that there's some issue with the motor that needs fixing, I really hope he can repair that. Probably the amount of money that I'm going to have to pay will be larger than what I'd have to pay for an entirely new car. But that car's like a daughter to me. I'd invest as much as I need to!

LangtonSoft's Correction:
Quote:
I've had some pretty bad luck with my beauty on four wheels lately. Recently, my beautiful car broke down. It's still in repair, so I can't go anywhere at the moment, which really sucks. I was looking forward to the roadtrip with my roommate, but it looks like he'll have to go alone. The engineer said that there's an issue with the motor that needs fixing; I really hope he can repair that. The amount of money that I'm going to have to pay will probably be larger than what I'd have to pay for an entirely new car. But that car's like a daughter to me. I'll invest as much as I need to!

I hate those people that get upset over the most trivial of grammar mistakes! It's quite pitysome to not have to worry about more important things in life, they really need to have less pet peeves related to grammar. They act like a few errors here and there gave them cancer, e.g. gave them a headache from reading them. Just because some people don't know there grammar doesn't mean they should act like jerks towards them. That's just not okay by me. But whatever, I'm not one to judge. But neither are they!

AsteriskX's Correction:
Quote:
I hate those people that get upset over the most trivial of grammar mistakes! It's quite pity-some to not have to worry about more important things in life, they really need to have less pet peeves related to grammar. They act like a few errors here and there gave them cancer, e.g. gave them a headache from reading them. Just because some people don't know their grammar doesn't mean they should act like jerks towards them. That's just not okay by me. But whatever, I'm not one to judge. But neither are they!

If you would follow me, ladies and gentlemen, this is the central room. My anchestors have built this palace centuries ago, and it has always been rather well taken care of. It still looks as new, if it weren't for the architecture that proves of the time it was built in. My sister, my brother in law and I intend on modernizing this place to combine both modern architecture and classic baroque. I hope our future generations will value the efforts we will put in revamping this ancient house.

CouchTomato's Correction:
Quote:
If you would follow me, ladies and gentlemen, this is the central room. My ancestors had built this place centuries ago, and it has always been rather well taken care of. It still looks just as new, if it weren't for the architecture that is proof of the time it was built in. My sister, my brother-in-law, and I intend on modernizing this place to combine both modern architecture and classic baroque. I hope our future generations will value the efforts we will put in revamping this ancient house.

Koopatroopa323's Correction:
Quote:
If you would follow me, ladies and gentlemen, this is the central room. My ancestors have built this palace centuries ago, and it has always been rather well taken care of. It still looks as new, if it weren't for the architecture that proves of the time it was built in. My sister, my brother in law, and I intend on modernizing this place to combine both modern architecture and classic baroque. I hope our future generations will value the efforts we will put in revamping this ancient house.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:08 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Its pretty scary being in the third round when I'm only 11.
But I already know I failed

(11/28/2020) Looking back at most of the things I did here many years ago makes me feel embarrassed :p But hey, we all started somewhere on the internet I guess. This site is basically the only remains of how I was years ago, and I can't look back at what me from over 5 years ago thought was "comedy" without cringing haha

I don't know if I'll return here some day, but I thank you all for the memories coming back to me after looking through my old posts. (which I advise you not to look through if you want to stay sane) If I do return, I do know of the new forum's existence, I just felt like looking back at posts here instead since I was more active on this one.

May the holidays go good if you are reading this around the time I am putting this text in my signature.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:12 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

LangtonSoft's Correction:
Quote:
I've had some pretty bad luck with my beauty on four wheels lately. Recently, my beautiful car broke down. It's still in repair, so I can't go anywhere at the moment, which really sucks. I was looking forward to the roadtrip with my roommate, but it looks like he'll have to go alone. The engineer said that there's an issue with the motor that needs fixing; I really hope he can repair that. The amount of money that I'm going to have to pay will probably be larger than what I'd have to pay for an entirely new car. But that car's like a daughter to me. I'll invest as much as I need to!

1. Roadtrip should be two words: road trip

I hate those people that get upset over the most trivial of grammar mistakes! It's quite pitysome to not have to worry about more important things in life, they really need to have less pet peeves related to grammar. They act like a few errors here and there gave them cancer, e.g. gave them a headache from reading them. Just because some people don't know there grammar doesn't mean they should act like jerks towards them. That's just not okay by me. But whatever, I'm not one to judge. But neither are they!

AsteriskX's Correction:
Quote:
I hate those people that get upset over the most trivial of grammar mistakes! It's quite pity-some to not have to worry about more important things in life, they really need to have less pet peeves related to grammar. They act like a few errors here and there gave them cancer, e.g. gave them a headache from reading them. Just because some people don't know their grammar doesn't mean they should act like jerks towards them. That's just not okay by me. But whatever, I'm not one to judge. But neither are they!

2. Pity-some? Should be "It's quite a pity to not have to worry about..."
3. The comma between "...more important things in life" and "they really need..." should be a semicolon or a period.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Correction phase is closed now!
The results of this round will be posted soon.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:27 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Results for ROUND 3

LangtonSoft
Quote:
Correction:

Oversight: "roadtrip" should be "road trip"
Redundant correction: "seems that" to "looks like" was not required

LangtonSoft didn't survive this round.

AsteriskX
Quote:
Correction:

Wrong correction: "pity-some" should be "pitiful"
Oversight: Comma splice between "life" and "they"
Oversight: "less" should be "fewer"

AsteriskX leaves the game as well...

CouchTomato
Quote:
Correction:
If you would follow me, ladies and gentlemen, this is the central room. My ancestors had built this place centuries ago, and it has always been rather well taken care of. It still looks just as new, if it weren't for the architecture that is proof of the time it was built in. My sister, my brother-in-law, and I intend on modernizing this place to combine both modern architecture and classic baroque. I hope our future generations will value the efforts we will put in revamping this ancient house.

(Not counted) Redundant correction: "proves of" doesn't need to be "is proof of". It's better writing though, so I won't count it as a mistake.

CouchTomato remains in the game!

Koopatroopa323
Quote:
If you would follow me, ladies and gentlemen, this is the central room. My ancestors have built this palace centuries ago, and it has always been rather well taken care of. It still looks as new, if it weren't for the architecture that proves of the time it was built in. My sister, my brother in law, and I intend on modernizing this place to combine both modern architecture and classic baroque. I hope our future generations will value the efforts we will put in revamping this ancient house.

Oversight: "have built" should be "built" or "had built"
Oversight: "brother in law" should have hyphens

Koopatroopa323 also leaves our game...

What's that? There's only one person left?
That means we have a winner!

Congratulations, CouchTomato! You are winner!
So... the prices? There are no prices. CouchTomato won't even be upset, because all he cares about is the prizes, with the z.

That would happen to be a $5 Steam game of your choice and a vibbing badge (once it's uploaded)!
Post here or tell me via PM what your game of choice will be :)

Thanks everyone for playing. Hope y'all had fun!

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:24 pm 
Enjoy the avatar of nothingness
[*]
[*]
[*]
Koopatroopa323 wrote:
Its pretty scary being in the third round when I'm only 11.
But I already know I failed

and you just admitted it.
Wait... I'm 11 too!

Hexyuu Yandere wrote:
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Where's her top? ;)

It's invisible ;)

oh god ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
 Post subject: Re: [FINISHED] The Grammar Game!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:55 am 
Oops! All Berries
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I want to shoot myself in the leg for missing "roadtrip".

But hey, I was in the Top 5, so I couldn't have been all that bad, right? 'Twas fun whilst it lasted. (Even though I think my score was negative)

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:59 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Thx Coco for runing this. It was fun.

As for teh price, I guess I'll go with http://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/ -- seems like the best game on sale. My account is couchtomato87.

Thx four you're generosity!

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:40 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I can't appear to be able to find your account... are you sure that's correct?
Alternatively, give me the email linked to your account. The gift has been bought and is ready to be sent :)

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:33 pm 
VinnyVideo is the best admin ever.
[*]
[*]
Yay tomato!
I was wondering what was happening for a while there, but apparently the game lasted a while linger than I thought.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked