[ 5 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: April 2013 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Anjelo's Province by CrazyRiverOtter

A massive number of games hit the mainsite in April 2013, ranging from great to not-so-great. The most polished of the bunch, however, is probably Anjelo's Province, made by a new member named CrazyRiverOtter. Some might argue that this isn't a true fangame, but it's clearly a "Mario clone" that draws much of its inspiration from Super Mario Land, especially in the first world. Anjelo, the star of the game, behaves a little like Mario, but instead of wielding a Fire Flower or a Super Ball, he can attack enemies... with coins. The bad news is that your coin supply is finite, so you'll have to conserve your currency and stomp on the baddies' noggins when feasible. Anjelo's Province features cohesive Game Boy-styled graphics, an energetic and fitting 8-bit soundtrack, and some humorous cutscenes. More importantly, the gameplay itself is fun, with a nice blend of familiarity and originality, and the multitude of bonus rooms help spice things up. It's not the longest platformer ever, and there's a handful of glitches, but I'm quite confident you'll enjoy it if you give it a chance. Go play it... and enjoy the Donut Matrix with Stereo Sound.

And yes, I do seem to be trying to set up a record for procrastinating on typing the GOTM topic.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: April 2013 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm 
Jack-of-All Games
[*]
[*]
[*]
I knew it was a good idea for him to post on MFGG! I just knew it! XD

But yeah - He can handle Game Maker preeeeetty well. This game is a good example of what he's capable of.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:47 pm 
May not be an otter.
[*]
[*]
Thank you so much! I did work pretty hard on the game, when I wasn't procrastinating. :laugh: By the way, I'm considering doing an actual Mario game sometimes, but I can guarantee that it'll be a fresh and new take on the series, whatever it is.

By the way, I got quite a bit of help from IndieAnjelo, who's working hard on his own game, Anjelo's Land 2. You can play the demo if you want at http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/super-anjelo-land-2-demo-2/10206/, but it's quite outdated.

Oh, and Jack-Of-All Games helped a bit, too.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:13 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Congrats! It was a nice little game.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:59 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Always good to see indie work make its way in.

Good job!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 5 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked