[ 3 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
October 2011 Game of the Month, Wonder what it might be this time?
 [us]
 Post subject: October 2011 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:46 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Psycho Waluigi by Thunder Dragon

It kind of goes without saying what's going to be the recipient of the Game of the Month this time. I don't care that it's been the Game of the Month before (an early-2010 demo version won right before I took over writing this feature). This game is so amazingly awesome it deserves the award many times over. Two years of work and a great deal of hype and anticipation have finally given us the game I would proclaim to be the best game ever to hit MFGG - TD's Psycho Waluigi.

Psycho Waluigi begins with the purple pseudo-plumber getting a huge bonk on the ol' noggin after plummeting to the ground during a carefree ride on his hot-air balloon, and he wakes up in a world that's the figment of his own twisted imagination. An enigmatic eyeball being offers to assist in Waluigi's effort to conquer the myriad kingdoms of Unconcia by lending him the aid of psychic powers. This eyeball allows Waluigi to perform most of the attacks in the game, whether by scooping up an enemy and tossing it at other enemies, or grabbing a meanie and temporarily stealing its special ability.

Psycho Waluigi takes you through an amazing variety of levels. From a kingdom made of soap to a world built around an urban hardware store, the creativity shown in this game is quite astounding - you'll have more than a few "Why didn't I think of that?" moments, as well as a few "I can't believe I just saw that!" moments as well. TD really approaches this game from the perspective of an artist, and it shows. Parts of the game are pretty challenging, but it's never so hard you'll throw your computer or controller at the wall in frustration. With abundant checkpoints, usually the worst thing that'll happen is you'll have to redo a few rooms and live with a mediocre score for that level.

While the game's graphics might not be quite as polished as those seen in the Community Fangame Project, the visuals are consistently highly appealing and make very creative use of MFGG's resources. Music is also well-implemented, and the game's controls are fun to use and easy to get the hang of.

If you're too lazy to read what I just wrote, here's the CliffNotes version: Play this game. I don't care if you don't like Mario fangames, indie games, Clickteam games, or overthrowing governments using psychic powers. Give this game a try if you're ever going to play a fangame on MFGG.

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
 Post subject: Re: October 2011 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 am 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
What a surprise! :p

great game though, everyone should play it if they like games

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: October 2011 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:25 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Gaming gold this thing is.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 3 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked