[ 6 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
July 2011 Game of the Month, MFGG 10th Anniversary Time Capsule
 [us]
 Post subject: July 2011 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:04 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

MFGG 10th Anniversary Time Capsule by Thunder Dragon, Kritter, DJ Yoshiman, ShadowMan, Klobber, and Retriever II

(Large image warning)
Spoiler:

This isn't a standard game, of course, but rather a compilation of twelve different games reminiscent of MFGG's earlier days that didn't necessarily grow anywhere close to a stage of completion. While some of these games are so incomplete they're barely playable, and many of the others are horribly glitchy or unrefined, they're definitely worth playing not only to give those uninitiated newcomers a taste of what the older games felt like, but also to showcase a good number of interesting ideas that sadly never made it to the finish line. And mixed in with the deceased demos and clashing graphics, you'll find some games that are actually quite fun - like the Toad Strikes Back Prototype, which is not just an early beta of TSB. Also worth noting is the presentation itself - while many of the games themselves are anything but polished, the Super Mario All-Stars-like opening and game select screen are both done wonderfully and wouldn't be a bad thing for other prolific game makers to try sometime. Sure, it's a 40-megabyte download, and many of the games aren't the greatest things you'll ever see, but this pack is well worth checking out if you haven't already.

I can think of a few games worth giving an honorable mention to: Toad's Adventure is a pretty awesome demo, Bloop Rinse is a well-done minigame, and Waligie and the Political Machine is a fun joke game that you'll love if you're a fan of that sort of thing.

Lastly, I apologize for the lateness - this has been a really busy week for me, in both a good way and a bad way, and I've been distracted finishing some of the other games that just barely missed the cut on my 30 Games Worth Playing feature.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: July 2011 Game of the Month
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:45 pm 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
no worries about the timing, man - i'm surprised you managed to type that up there - thanks!

User page at mfgg.net

[aq]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 pm 
Founder
[F]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hahahaha, glad you like the menu-- though it wasn't my intention to create something totally polished and professional so much as "OOH! SPARKLY! =D" Then again, I kinda did have to redo the whole selection layout each time a new game was added, sooo... ~

Psychic Cyclopean Silverware IN SPACE!
Follow updates (among other things) on The Twitterbooks!
(if you followed my old personal account, this is a different one - follow it instead!)

Engine test demo and more @
EyesInEverything.com

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:11 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Thunder Dragon wrote:
Hahahaha, glad you like the menu-- though it wasn't my intention to create something totally polished and professional so much as "OOH! SPARKLY! =D" Then again, I kinda did have to redo the whole selection layout each time a new game was added, sooo... ~

ah, the memories though,

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:52 am 
* Incredible nightmare ensues *
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Was this voted on by members or was it just chosen by one person?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:05 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Neweegee wrote:
Was this voted on by members or was it just chosen by one person?

The Game Of The Month is always hand-picked, yes. This is in contrast to the several voting based events such as Minigame Competitions or the annual MFGG Awards, and gives games that might not be as popular but still good a chance to shine.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 6 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked