Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 30 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: I want my badges plz
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Oh good - I've finally gotten my Happy Heart Badge back. Is it because I had an account on Old MFGG, or because the minimum post requirements have been lowered from 200?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I know this isn't the right place to ask and I apologize for spamming, but I don't possibly see where else I could post this question.

As far as I'm concerned, there is NO place on this forum that talks about badges, not even in the FAQ. :angry: I think there should be a sticky or something that tells you how to get the badges. I know that there's a page on the mfgg wiki about them, but it just tells them what they ARE, not HOW to get them.

...Is that supposed to be the whole point of badges? There not being an explanation on them, so you just have to try different & random things to get them?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 am 
we own the night
[*]
[*]
Nah. There used to be a whole page dedicated to explaining each badge thoroughly but I don't have a link to it. I'll give you a quick rundown:

Competition Badges:
Sprite Competition - place first, second or third in a sprite competition and you'll earn a gold, silver or bronze badge accordingly
Drawing Competition - same story; place first, second or third in a drawing competition
Minigame Competition - program a minigame and have it place first, second or third in the competition
Music Competition - compose a piece of music according to competition rules and place first, second or third

Main Site Badges:
Submissions Badge - you've got this one; it tracks your main site accepted submissions count.
Super Submitter - pretty much the exact same as the above, only it doesn't track specific numbers
Super Reviewer - like the submissions badge, it tracks your main site reviews for fan games

Special Badges:
Big Help - a member gets one of these if they've contributed tons of time and effort to improve the site and forums
Happy Heart - remain warn-free for a few months to earn this badge (I think it's 2 months now?)
Super Happy Heart - don't get warned for a whole year (but it may be shorter that that now, idk)
Good Citizen - I don't know what this is; I think it was a temporary fix to some old board problems...
MFGG Awards - win an award during the annual MFGG Awards; the colors vary between years
Secret Santa - participate in a Secret Santa gift exchange
NCFC Contributor - help out with the Nintendo... C... Fan Convention ("NCFC" stands for something but I can't remember what)
CFP Contributor - donate your talents to the Community Fan Project
Wiki Contributor - write a lot of kwala-tay articles or help maintain the MFGG Wiki

Staff Badges:
Administrator - admins get one
Moderator - mods get one (idk if there's a specific one for global mods, if those even exist anymore)
Site Staff - site staffers get one
Security Ninja - Techokami gets one
assholw adminy - DJ Yoshiman gets one

I'll bet you anything I missed a bunch. But I'm sure you get the idea now.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:14 pm 
Ojamajo Doremi DOKKA~N!
[*]
[*]
Not to sound stupid or anything like that, does the old taloncrossing forums count?

(Just asking with curiosity)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:42 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Tobie wrote:
Nah. There used to be a whole page dedicated to explaining each badge thoroughly but I don't have a link to it. I'll give you a quick rundown:

Competition Badges:
Sprite Competition - place first, second or third in a sprite competition and you'll earn a gold, silver or bronze badge accordingly
Drawing Competition - same story; place first, second............yadda yadda yadda.....
OMGFFF!!!! THANK. YOU. SO. MUCH! You deserve a bagde. lol

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm 
we own the night
[*]
[*]
My descriptions were vague at best and uninformative at worst, but I'm happy they helped all the same.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 pm 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Red9378 wrote:
Not to sound stupid or anything like that, does the old taloncrossing forums count?

(Just asking with curiosity)

that's the only board you can request badges from

i recommend giving the first post another read

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 pm 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Also:

Super submitter and reviewer don't track at all - they're placed if you have a lot of submissions or reviews

Good Citizen was some sort of incentive for members to keep the community healthy

it's Nintendo Community Fangame Convention

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 pm 
Ojamajo Doremi DOKKA~N!
[*]
[*]
DJ Yoshiman wrote:
that's the only board you can request badges from

i recommend giving the first post another read

That's why I asked that question. I wanted to make sure the term, "previous forums" only refers to the message boards that was created after the taloncrossing one.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm 
we own the night
[*]
[*]
Thanks for clearing that up Yoshiman, I was struggling to articulate some things in my post.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 30 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked