Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  [ 451 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Paper Mario animations
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:21 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
That room looks rather neat and cute, E-Man! :thumbsup: I like the little details you added in the room and how each Koopa gets a different bed design. I'm looking forward to seeing how that room will look like in your animation (along with the rest of your stuff). ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:38 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

That room is really cute! The layout of the beds is really odd though, is that intentional?

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:54 am 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Those are some rather nice things to say to me, you guys! By the way, for the layout of the beds, do you mean how Red and Black's beds have a different orientation? Part of it is that I wanted Black's bed to face the hole in the wall. That way, he can jump out when needed. Also, Red's wants to have a different position compared to his two "underlings." I could always change the beds if you'd like.

So, here's one half of the concept art for World 1-1. How is it?

User page at mfgg.net

[ie]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:17 am 
thanks, neweegee!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
nice ideas.
for the pipes, metal lids.

my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pu2NplrfCUbTxE_zyHITQ

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:35 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I love all of the ideas you have for your take on the classic World 1-1 level, E-Man! For the pipes, I think the wooden planks would be more fitting, although I wouldn't mind if you decided to go with metal lids.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:04 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I LOVE how you adapted the classic 1-1 terrain into a more appealing grassland. I personally favor wooden planks blocking pipes.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I agree with Willaber, the terrain is well done. I also prefer the crossing wooden planks, I think it gets the message across a bit more clearly. :D
About the beds, I just meant that it looked unusual to have the foot of the red bed come up to the side of the yellow bed. It might not be a bad thing though, especially since the room is supposed to look a bit messy and unusual.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:46 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Wow! I felt like I barely scratched the surface of World 1-1, so those are some rather powerful compliments! Thank you very much!

Anyway, I think I'll allot a little more space between Red's bed and Yellow's; however, it's not a bad idea to position that bed at an angle. After all, Red is a careless slob.

Right, time for the main update! There's no concept art this time, but I rewrote my script. I tried my best to allow some more flow in the dialog and cut back on the exposition. Hopefully, I nailed it at last!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0568phruvhpj ... 3.rtf?dl=0

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 am 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
So, for the lack of replies, it seems like my script has nothing to worry about now! That's rather good because I was concerned that I would repeat the same mistakes from my previous drafts.

Anyway, it's about time I cranked out another piece of concept art!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:00 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It's looking really cool to me! If it were for a game I'd say stick to only one variation of closed pipe to not confuse the player, but since it's an animation you could alternate depending on which one fits the reason as to why the pipe was blocked (for example: cement if it's a pipe that was for some reason permanently sealed up, grate if it was an official and possibly temporary closing of the pipe, and wood if it was unprofessional and just someone throwing something together to keep people out/cause trouble. Something like that). From the looks of it, this is a very rundown and forgotten path, so I'd say depending on the area's backstory A or B could work very well (especially B, since you have some other areas covered in planks, like the windows of the tower). Any of the pipes would work for sure, though

Also I like that you included Sticker Star in the trash pile

I've only skimmed through the script as of now, but from what I've read it seems like this is gonna be pretty cool! I'm excited to see where this project goes :)

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:21 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Nice ideas, E-Man! Since the place seems rather rundown, I think B would be the most fitting, although A and C could fit if there's some reason why they're there (such as what Evil Yoshi Toes said about the pipes). I think having a curving path would be a nice as it adds a little variety.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  [ 451 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic