Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next  [ 451 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Paper Mario animations
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:58 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, I worked on the modifications and I hope I ironed them out! By the way, Willsaber, I didn't see your comment until I looked at this thread again, so I wasn't able to put your thoughts into consideration. Maybe the collar is fixed now, but if it's not, then please let me know!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:06 pm 
Man, I really like the style you created for these.

I have to say, though, I think you should ask less for opinions and just, well, draw more! I don't mean any offense with this, it's just that I think you ask about too many little things, and that's making you progress a lot slower.
For example, you just presented two options for the Spike Goomba's helmet, and both of them are pretty fine! You should just choose whichever one you prefer since they look so similar that the decision is not really going to make much difference.

Keep it up man, I really wish to see what you'll do with these.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:45 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

That small movement of Peach's eyes makes her look drastically better! And yeah, I would bring her crown up as you suggested to fit her new hair. However, I would also go and exaggerate the back part of her hair (the long part) as well, if you weren't already planning on doing that. Perhaps just make it curve outward more on the right side (and maybe even curve it in a bit sooner on the bottom left?) to make it look fuller, to give her a nicer silhouette, and to add to the cutesy friendliness of her character. :D

Also, I feel like hats B or C look best for Goombario, but all of them like good to me!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:59 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Oh sorry, when I said to exaggerate the hair, I meant the back part, my bad.

Something like this maybe?

The eyes look way better. Also yeah, I'd bring the crown up a bit.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
darking wrote:
Man, I really like the style you created for these.

I have to say, though, I think you should ask less for opinions and just, well, draw more! I don't mean any offense with this, it's just that I think you ask about too many little things, and that's making you progress a lot slower.
For example, you just presented two options for the Spike Goomba's helmet, and both of them are pretty fine! You should just choose whichever one you prefer since they look so similar that the decision is not really going to make much difference.

Keep it up man, I really wish to see what you'll do with these.

While I understand what you mean, it's just that it's only possible in a perfect world. As much as I'd like to continue drawing without a care in the world, someone always points out the flaws in my work and I have to go back and address those. If it's a part that serves as the base for other similar parts (i.e. a foot), then I have to change all those parts for consistency reasons. While it does slow the project down a lot, it beats getting accused of laziness and not following critiques. Still, I'm wondering if the only reason why those VG Resource member got on my case for other reasons unrelated to my behavior and are just taking it out on me...

Anyway, Chaoxys, thanks for confirming what you meant by the hair. While I'm willing to exaggerate that upper part (which also means moving the crown), I want to make sure if I honestly need to do that.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:30 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
That new Peach looks great, awesome job!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:37 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Yeah, this Peach is great! She's really come a long way, and might even be the best character in this style yet!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:29 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I agree with what Chaoxys and Willsaber said about Peach. I think you made the right picks, E-Man. The spike helmets, the Goomba mouths, and Goompapa's head look pretty fine to me.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:23 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Ha! Those are the comments I live for! While it's a long and tedious process, finally getting certain bits and pieces of a project to look just right is completely worth it! Besides, it really feels like the communtiy is working together on a project by not only voting for part variations, but also suggesting invaluable changes and new parts! Keep up this positive support, folks!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:35 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Here's today's update, mates! Hope you're thankful for this cornucopia of progress!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:28 am 
soverygrin
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Hat - I feel using B could work considering the game's "modern" style.

Paragoomba - Honestly, The darker wing could work from that angle. It seems to add depth in the character, but this is just from my perspective. Also, B seems to work best when changing the wing's placement.

Goomba mouths - B

Wow, B has been getting a lot of attention...

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:55 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Here's a list of what do I think about what you've shown on your latest post in this topic:

• The front and side mustache look pretty good right now. Can't really find anything on them to complain about.
  • Using the pink tongue seems like the right choice in my opinion. It just looks better than the red one in my eyes.
  • I don't think a darker wing would work on a Goomba's "facing the background" pose too. It just seems weird to me. For the position of the left wing, I pick A.
  • About Goombario's hat, I think you made the choice. It looks nicer than the other two hats in my eyes.
  • The new spike helmet looks much nicer to me.
  • The new "facing the screen" Mario head looks better. I don't think the fact that they don't exactly line up is a problem, just as long as it's only a very little bit. I'm sure that in animation, viewers won't really notice how it doesn't exactly line up, unless the camera is super zoomed in the hat.
  • The chin on the "facing the background" Mario head seems to be just the right size.
  • I'm not really sure on how should you do the back hat. Both seem like they could do fine. Maybe try to do both of them, and see what do we think about them?
  • The feet does seem dark enough now.
  • That new hammer looks better. The stick's new angle just makes the hammer look more right.
  • The hammer looks good, whether it is flipped or not. The way the arms bend seem fine, although I think I would rather have it done like how Color Splash makes Mario's arms bend.
  • The new sort-of back torso looks just better to me.
  • For the "O" mouth, B seems better to me. I just think it is.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:31 am 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I think making the front facing hat smaller is not a problem, even if it doesnt make complete sense. When watching the animation people aren't gonna be mesauring things up so precisely, so as long as he looks good from each angle I don't think making complete sense is something you have to worry about too much :D

Also for the flying goomba's back facing pose, B is definitely best. Also I would go with B for the O mouth too, since it looks best in my opinion.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:17 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
I appreciate the feedback as always, fellows!

By the way, since things over on the VG Resource have been heavily political and even Smithy himself feels like that place is not worth it anymore, I'm wondering if there are any good non-Mairo sprite sites I could upload my sprites on.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:03 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm sorry I took a while on this, but I a working on a few art trades over on Starman.net.

On the bright side, I'm so close to completing Mario, the Goombas, and even the Big Lantern Ghost!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:10 am 
[*]
I absolutely adore the style going on in here.

The only thing I would change is making the outline around the characters' chins thinner by a certain margin, but that's not something that's too important.

Otherwise, for all of the questions asked in that last sprite sheet - I think it's all good.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:40 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Glad you like it so far, Mandew! I've seen some of your work myself and it's pretty neat! Also, I took your suggestion into account.

By the way, I finished this recently! It's a bit big in terms of megabytes, but if you're able to shrink it down without making the image look bad, then I'll appreciate it greatly! Also, you're free to suggest last-minute changes to the sheet itself before i submit it.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Rawk's folded arms look the most like actual folded arms. Bowser's would be alright, but the one based on Koops doesn't work because Mario's arms are much beefier than Koops'.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:15 pm 
[*]
Uhh is that Peach in a bikini? O.o

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:43 pm 
soverygrin
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Hammer position - It looks a bit stiff. I would recommend making Mario's arm longer, or moving his feet slightly over to the left. Which either hinders his model less.

Folded arms - While Rawk's design is fine, it doesn't seem to fit Mario (maybe it only works with "heavier" characters.) Bowser's pose is looking to be the best choice so far.

Chin - I can't think of any at the top of my head, but Mario's front pose always look a bit odd. I think it was his chin's outline.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next  [ 451 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic