[ 17 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [ca]
 Post subject: Mario 4: Space Odyssey GFX Ripped And Edited
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:44 pm 
[*]
Attachment:
File comment: My Mario 4: Space Odyssey rips and edits.
m4sosheet.png
m4sosheet.png [ 30.92 KiB | Viewed 645 times ]
Ok, so here are these GFX.
These were mostly ripped.
I made some custom eyes and palettes for extra stuff!
Anyways, enjoy.
EDIT: This was meant only for animations.

Last edited by MegaCDFan235 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Mario 4: Space Odyssey GFX Ripped And Edited
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:17 pm 
[*]
Sorry, but this is too streched out for me to have any use for it. Not to mention the large amount of empty space.

The coin and mushroom look alright though.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:09 pm 
I Have Returned®
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
yeah, what murphmario said.

rip the sprites with the emulator (if you're using one) with the scale set to x1.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:38 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It looks like you screenshot ripped them in fullscreen mode.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:17 am 
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
It looks like you screenshot ripped them in fullscreen mode.
I ripped them with the window mode. I'll try to rip them with the smaller version.
EDIT:
LuNiney wrote:
yeah, what murphmario said.

rip the sprites with the emulator (if you're using one) with the scale set to x1.

I used an emulator. This sheet didn't take very long.

Murphmario wrote:
Sorry, but this is too streched out for me to have any use for it. Not to mention the large amount of empty space.

The coin and mushroom look alright though.

When I ripped them, it was like that. Some of these poses from the sheet are in Mario and Wario. The others are Mario 4: Space Odyssey-exclusive. You might be talking about Game Maker, because the sheet is somewhat bigger than the scale used for SMBX. And I can imagine if anyone could actually resize the sprites so it could fit. If you had Camtasia, you could probably resize them and re-make the sheet so it can be your size. Just remember to make the BG color something other than black.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:53 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
no he means the resolution of the sprites is completely out of whack with all of the pixels being different sizes making the sheet completely unusable

when you're screenshot ripping things you need to make absolutely sure the window size is 1x otherwise the rips are garbage

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:04 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Empty Space!
Thanks For That Funny Not Overused """Joke"""!!

Okay, a serious comment: I agree with everyone else, this sheet is totally useless. It would be much better if you ripped this while the window size is 1x.

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:07 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The pixels' size varies a lot...

Spoiler:

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:27 pm 
[*]
Walrus wrote:
Empty Space!

Okay, a serious comment: I agree with everyone else, this sheet is totally useless. It would be much better if you ripped this while the window size is 1x.

I tried different screen sizes, but all the screen sizes made the sprites look like a complete joke. Except for the one in which I ripped with, which was the only way I could make them without making them look tiny/bad. Besides, if you were using a program that could resize sprites, resize them to your liking. Also, don't call my sheet useless, because it hurts my feelings when you or someone else does that.
EDIT: Just to let you know, I ripped with BizHawk, and it wouldn't let me change the window size. Also, most people use Game Maker and a Mario engine that plays like Mario. I want to use a free game-making tool to make a Mario 4: Space Odyssey engine that uses the sheet plus a few more bits and pieces. The game-making tool has to have resizing sprites capability. And no, not Game Maker.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:39 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Resizing myself the sprites doesn't solve the pixel size problem...

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:53 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Walrus wrote:
Empty Space!

I tried different screen sizes, but all the screen sizes made the sprites look like a complete joke. Except for the one in which I ripped with, which was the only way I could make them without making them look tiny/bad. Besides, if you were using a program that could resize sprites, resize them to your liking. Also, don't call my sheet useless, because it hurts my feelings when you or someone else does that.

I screenshot ripped a couple just fine (in terms of resolution, not sheet organization).

PS: The internet doesn't exist to boost your self esteem. If a sheet is useless, it is useless, and though the concept of ripping these sprites is not totally useless, ripping them with an improper resolution is useless.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:13 pm 
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Walrus wrote:
Empty Space!

I screenshot ripped a couple just fine (in terms of resolution, not sheet organization).

PS: The internet doesn't exist to boost your self esteem. If a sheet is useless, it is useless, and though the concept of ripping these sprites is not totally useless, ripping them with an improper resolution is useless.

I get hated all the time.
And this sheet was only meant for animation programs like Camtasia Studio and Pivot. This is not really meant for fan games.
Game Maker is way overused and has a cost for every feature. And no, this is not useless unless you don't animate. Then it is useless.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Maybe it's time we stopped hatting so hard, guys.
He is making this sprite sheet obviously for fun, after all. This is his sprite sheet project whether we like it or not, we must not have any choice on his sprite sheet project.
This is really frustrating, since you guys have no respect for him, now stop jumping him on corners and asking for his allowance. Otherwise, I'm going to do the same as you guys, and I doubt none of you would want to see me hatting as well.
You guys only hat, hat and hat even more.

Sorry, I just couldn't handle myself.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Willsaber wrote:
MegaCDFan235 wrote:

I get hated all the time.
And this sheet was only meant for animation programs like Camtasia Studio and Pivot. This is not really meant for fan games.
Game Maker is way overused and has a cost for every feature. And no, this is not useless unless you don't animate. Then it is useless.

What you consider hatting is regular discourse among these regular people. It doesn't matter what purpose your sprites are for, they weren't ripped well. I screenshot ripped as much of the game as I could stand to play (that game is truly awful) and submitted it to the Mainsite. Idk if it will be accepted or not, but the point is, there's not really an excuse for lazilly ripping sprites with an already lazy method. Everyone makes mistakes early on, and even though they get hatted to hat-hell where they are beaten senselessly with hat of all brim sizes, most improve. Unless they act immaturely and become extremely self-defensive, in which case, they wind up in a progressive limbo (case in point: KirbyLover45).

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:36 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Can of Nothing wrote:
stuff

Says the person who kiils grandpas.

GameMaker is overused? Then what do you suggest, for fangames? I wouldn't comment about things I don't know. And how did we supposed to understand this is for animations? You didn't say anything did you? But it doesn't change anything since it's still bad.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but I can't be a nice person. I'm just an a******.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 am 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It wouldn't really work for animations either, since the resizing doesn't look good at all.

It's best just to take the advice. Even the best people mess up pretty often, so you've got to get used to it.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:17 pm 
[*]
HylianDev wrote:
It wouldn't really work for animations either, since the resizing doesn't look good at all.

It's best just to take the advice. Even the best people mess up pretty often, so you've got to get used to it.

Okay, I will admit that. It won't work that well. But really, this is the only Mario 4 sheet with customs.
If there's any other Mario 4 sheet with customs, link it to me.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 17 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic