[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Soooo this is basically where my drawings will go :3
I realize I still have a lot of improving to do, and that's why I made this topic! I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me at least a little by criticizing my work. Don't be afraid to sound kind of mean (though I'd prefer if you didn't :laugh: ).

Constructive criticism (and any form of commenting haha) would mean a lot to me, so please comment if you can/want to! ^_^

---------------------------------

Other Stuff (from posts):

These are ordered from oldest (TOP) to newest (BOTTOM), so they should get better as they go down.

Meow... :3
Spoiler:

Peach... kind of
Spoiler:

Angry Zelda/Scared Link
Spoiler:

Rosalina (Pirate)
Spoiler:

Ugly Irish Princess
Spoiler:

Salad Queen
Spoiler:

The "Princess" of Candy
Spoiler:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEWER ONES!!!!

Princess
Spoiler:

Princess Daisy
Spoiler:

Link
Spoiler:

Sassy Elsa
Spoiler:

Ariel (first one)
Spoiler:

Muscles... meh XP
Spoiler:

Daisy
Spoiler:

Snow Queen sketch (V2)
Spoiler:

Ariel (second one) [W.I.P.]
Spoiler:

Red Hair Guy
Spoiler:

Girl and monster thing
Spoiler:

Noodles
Spoiler:

Still life
Spoiler:

Latest Drawing Posted:

Last edited by Evil Yoshi Toes on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:45 am, edited 68 times in total.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Evil Yoshi's Drawings
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:36 pm 
GLaDOS: [insert avatar here]
[*]
Hey, not too bad! Better than I could do.
The head looks a bit too big and is tilted a little unnaturally, but other than that it looks great.

And yeah, her face looks a bit masculine and angry. But it's not nearly as bad as you say it is.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:46 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

TristanLuigi wrote:
The head looks a bit too big and is tilted a little unnaturally, but other than that it looks great.

And yeah, her face looks a bit masculine and angry. But it's not nearly as bad as you say it is.

Heh, thanks! :D
Yeah, I have a tendency to dislike almost everything I do because I can point out all the flaws in them and then I eventually end up hating them. I made the head titled on purpose, but now that you mention it, it really does look a bit unnatural. And yeah, I have a problem with making heads a tad too big. I'll try to work on that! :biggrin:

And the face, you think it looks masculine? Do you know what exactly makes it looks masculine? That would help me out a lot so I could know what to avoid doing on a females face in the future. And thanks a lot for the C + C! :)

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:39 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Sorry for the double post, but I did something new. This time it isn't really a Mario character, or any existing character at all, really. I like fantasy and all that stuff, so I drew a famous fantasy creature: A mermaid. I just find these things to be pretty cool. Especially the evil ones that like to bite people's faces off and drown sailors. This one isn't biting anyone's face off, though.

I'm not extremely happy with it, but I'm never happy with anything I do so oh well. As always, C +C is very much appreciated and will only help me improve. :D

It's a pretty quick sketch, so don't expect perfection :P
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:34 pm 
GLaDOS: [insert avatar here]
[*]
TristanLuigi wrote:

It's definitely the eyebrows, I think. Mermaid looks great, can't find many flaws with it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

TristanLuigi wrote:
TristanLuigi wrote:

It's definitely the eyebrows, I think. Mermaid looks great, can't find many flaws with it.

Okay, thanks! That's what I thought, too. The eyebrows did give her a somewhat mean look, which isn't at all what I had intended.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm not sure if it's been long enough to consider this post a bump, but if it is then...
Bump.
I tried to draw a male character, but I stink at drawing male characters even more than females. I also stink at drawing collard shirts and ties, so needless to say I don't like how it looks :( . But then again I don't like anything I draw, so I'll leave it up to you to decide how bad it really is. As always, C + C is very much appreciated. And hopefully I can get more than one person to help me out :P

Spoiler:

EDIT: Looking at it now I see I put his ear too high up. Sorry about that :P

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:16 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I like the hair a lot. The ear, apart from being too small and too high looks really good too. However, the eyes look really bland and way too "blocky", if you know what I mean.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

DJane Coco wrote:
I like the hair a lot. The ear, apart from being too small and too high looks really good too. However, the eyes look really bland and way too "blocky", if you know what I mean.

Thanks! :)
And yes, I know what you mean about the eyes. I'll try to improve them in the future.

---------------------------------------------------------

I did another thing, this time of a girl and a dandelion. I didn't like how the first one looked, so I did a second one. But the second one came out worse, so now I'm pretty much sick of dandelions.

The main point of the first was to practice drawing faces from the side, so tips on improving that would be cool.

Anyways, C + C appreciated and yeah...

The first:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Nevermind. Not showing the second anymore... :P

Last edited by Evil Yoshi Toes on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

EDIT: Double post, sorry. I moved all the information from this post up to the previous, so this comment can be deleted.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Bump.

I did something Mario-related this time. It's of Luigi! But I wasn't looking at a picture of Luigi or Daisy, so some things my look a little off (like the turtle neck I though Luigi wore for some reason).

I think Luigi looks a little deformed and awkward in his pose, but whatever. Tell me what you think!
Remember: C +C is always good. :biggrin:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:06 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Double Post but:

Maybe I can get some C + C on this one...? :P
Anyways, I wasn't too happy with it. It's Bowser in his little flying teacup looking thing from Super Mario World. I've never drawn Bowser before, so I had to look at quite a few different references, but I still don't like how it turned out. Oh well.

Also, I should have drawn Peach's eyes actually looking at what she is reaching for with her hand (probably Mario or something), but I noticed that a little too late.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:29 pm 
I never really was on your side.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I think it turned out very well! Excellent work maestro! If i can at least give SOME C+C, Peach's left arm kinda looks like a noodle, the way it's bent, and bowser's upper armband looks a little too high

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:34 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Im the Red Spy wrote:
I think it turned out very well! Excellent work maestro! If i can at least give SOME C+C, Peach's left arm kinda looks like a noodle, the way it's bent, and bowser's upper armband looks a little too high

Thanks! Peach does have extra joints! I hadn't noticed that before. :P And I see what you mean about Bowser's armband. I will try to improve! :biggrin:

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It's been a very long time since I've posted here so... bump.

So I suck at drawing the same character at different angles, so I decided to start practicing that a little more. This one I did isn't as good as the first one I did, but I can't show the first one for certain reasons but this one is good enough (I think). As usual, I sucked at the eyes. I think the problem is the bottom eye lashes. I don't think I should have put them. Also, you can see why I need to practice making them look like the same character...

I actually came up with the character inside my head a while ago for some fantasy game thing I wish existed/I wish I was good enough to make. I'm not very fashionable, so I kept the dress rather simple (and it still looks bad). You only see a little bit of it anyway (also, I know I forgot the collar in the front facing one). As always, C + C is good; I want to get better. :)

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
That looks fantastic! I have no complaints :D

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:20 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

DJ Coco wrote:
That looks fantastic! I have no complaints :D

Really? Thanks. :biggrin:

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:36 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

...This one isn't my best at all, but I might as well show it. I noticed in a lot of the pictures of the SSB4 Zelda have her upset at some little romance thing Peach and Link have going on in pretty much every screenshot they are in together.

Like I said before it isn't my best. I think I could have done better at the shading. Also, Peach looks really ugly and some of the poses (mostly Link's and maybe Peach's) look a little stiff in my opinion and Peach's right arm and hand (one on the dress) and her shoulder looks bad, but whatever at least I get effort points, right? :whoops:
Oh yeah C + C is nice as always.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:53 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
This is pretty good drawing! I suggest you should try to make the eyes smaller, right now they kinda look like anime eyes to me.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:11 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

GamePixel wrote:
This is pretty good drawing! I suggest you should try to make the eyes smaller, right now they kinda look like anime eyes to me.

Alright, thanks for the C + C!
Just to be clear, I'm not exactly trying to copy the characters straight from their videogames (if you are referring to the image above. If you are talking about the one of the girl, then I agree her eyes are huge and kind of creepy). I'm trying to draw them in my own style, which I'm currently tweaking to make look better, so I'll definitely try smaller eyes if that's what you think will look better. Thanks again. :biggrin:

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 101 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic