[ 8 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Author Message
 [zz]
 Post subject: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm 
User avatar
Member
https://www.youtube.com/embed/GuDqEcv2nYQ

A demake from SMB I Made to simulate an athletic theme song for the project ''Super Fanmade Mario Bros''.

The developer of this project (Neoarc) is still working for it as a closed beta. but it will be good if we can find some music support to complete some other missing songs. (We are not sure of how to publish our first release, due to nintendo's hawk eye tho, So it can be good to know how we can prevent nintendo's ban)

P.D: The HTML Code buttons doesn't seem to work in google chrome, So i don't know how to make a thumbnail in here.

 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm 
User avatar
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

If this is an SMB-inspired game, this song would work nicely in one of the cloud bonus levels.

This topic might be helpful if you're worried about DMCA problems. Most takedowns have been related to carbon copies of existing games, or else people who have monetized their games in some way. As long as you're not copying an official game and you're not trying to earn money from it, you probably won't run into problems.

The MFGG forums don't support HTML tags, but you can use BBCode to produce many different kinds of formatting.

_________________
Course clear! You got a card.

Image
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 am 
User avatar
Member
VinnyVideo wrote:
If this is an SMB-inspired game, this song would work nicely in one of the cloud bonus levels.

This topic might be helpful if you're worried about DMCA problems. Most takedowns have been related to carbon copies of existing games, or else people who have monetized their games in some way. As long as you're not copying an official game and you're not trying to earn money from it, you probably won't run into problems.

The MFGG forums don't support HTML tags, but you can use BBCode to produce many different kinds of formatting.


Haha, Thanks! I tried to recreate the original instruments from the original Super Mario Bros Music.

And yeah, according to the DMCA rules, It must not have similar physics or appeareance from some original nintendo (Something that the project was implementing for so long)

Haha, i mean that when i press the Code buttons, it doesn't applies to the text for some reason.

 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [br]
 Post subject: Re: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:47 am 
User avatar
Member
[*]
[*]
I'm sorry to say this, but this will be probably be taken down if this gets popular. Nintendo hates remakes of their games.
Want to know why? Because it impacts on the sales of their games.

 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 am 
User avatar
hi hello
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I looked up the game and it looks really well done. I think it should be okay if the levels are much different than the official SMB, but right now it looks like an almost exact remake. If that gets popular, it will almost definitely get taken down. It'd be wiser to design completely brand new levels, especially since SMB is still being sold on VC.
EDIT: I was confused with what the game was, it seems like it's striving to be Mario Maker with more content.... that'll get taken down in a heartbeat :(

As for the song, I really enjoyed it! I can see it working very nicely in a bonus area, as Vinny said. :)

_________________
What I support

Spoiler:
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:09 pm 
User avatar
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Lots of fangames have used graphics ripped from official Mario games or closely emulated actual Mario physics without problems. If you're planning to remake SMB1 with the same levels and different graphics and music, that's more likely to cause problems, especially if it becomes popular. I'd recommend making new levels or adding new mechanics so it doesn't feel like a reskinned SMB1.

_________________
Course clear! You got a card.

Image
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:21 pm 
User avatar
Member
VinnyVideo wrote:
Lots of fangames have used graphics ripped from official Mario games or closely emulated actual Mario physics without problems. If you're planning to remake SMB1 with the same levels and different graphics and music, that's more likely to cause problems, especially if it becomes popular. I'd recommend making new levels or adding new mechanics so it doesn't feel like a reskinned SMB1.


I should talk it to the developer, since he's the one with the idea. ''Super Fanmade Mario Bros'' Is basically an fan game for everyone (To not say that is a Super Mario Maker inspired game, because it isn't at all).

We've been almost a year supporting him by looking for bugs and fixing some messed up sprites, The physics are a bit messed up.

And i thought that MFGG Would be a good place to place it. Since it was a very private community to post it.

 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Athletic (SMB) - Super Fanmade Mario Bros (WIP Project)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:30 pm 
User avatar
Kootie Patootie
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
MadNyle wrote:
And i thought that MFGG Would be a good place to place it. Since it was a very private community to post it.

MFGG has never had issues with games being taken down by Nintendo, so it's a perfect place for a project like this riding close to the lines of official projects.

_________________
Image
My mains
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 8 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 


Who is online

Users browsing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group