[ 3 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Best 2D Mario engine for GM8?, Game Maker 8 Mario engine help
 [zz]
 Post subject: Best 2D Mario engine for GM8?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:03 am 
[*]
Hello everyone. Im WizToad and I am quite new here at MFGG. I am at the moment trying to make a 2D Classic Mario fangame that I would make with Game Maker 8 Pro with my friends hopefully, but I am having a bit of trouble right now. I really cannot figure out which game engine could work well with me. Does anyone know any good engines that I could use? If anyone would like a bit more info on this topic, please let me know. And also, sorry if this topic has been discussed here. As I said, I am new here so I don't know if this topic has had some talk yet. Thanks

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Best 2D Mario engine for GM8?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:37 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It depends on what you want your engine to do. If you want an engine that lets you make a Mario game without needing to program anything, Gatete's engine lets you do just that. This engine includes Mario's mechanics, power-ups, enemies, commonly-used platforms and obstacles, and everything else you need to get started.

However, if you want an engine that includes the basic functionality of a Mario game and guides you how to use GM 8, I still think Dazzle's engine is the best at that.

GM 8 is now almost a decade old, and if you're getting started with game-making, I'd think about using GM Studio 1.4 or 2. However, if you prefer GM 8, I totally understand - I still do most of my programming in GM 8.0.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Best 2D Mario engine for GM8?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:01 pm 
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
It depends on what you want your engine to do. If you want an engine that lets you make a Mario game without needing to program anything, Gatete's engine lets you do just that. This engine includes Mario's mechanics, power-ups, enemies, commonly-used platforms and obstacles, and everything else you need to get started.

However, if you want an engine that includes the basic functionality of a Mario game and guides you how to use GM 8, I still think Dazzle's engine is the best at that.

GM 8 is now almost a decade old, and if you're getting started with game-making, I'd think about using GM Studio 1.4 or 2. However, if you prefer GM 8, I totally understand - I still do most of my programming in GM 8.0.

Thanks alot for the advice :biggrin: . When I can get the time, I'll try out those engines you recommended. I only have Game Maker 8 at the moment since its the only program I was able to get my hand on. My friend gave it to me a while ago. I do plan on using a bunch of other programs for my gaming career however if I ever do reach that point.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 3 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic