[ 6 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Any "Super Paper Mario"/"PM: TTYD" assemblers still here?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 pm 
Mario Females Supporter... full force!
[*]
[*]
Hey, everyone - topic asks all; at this time, I'm just rechecking to see who here are still into and/or attempting Paper Mario fangame projects; I've still got one idea that I hope to get off the ground, but I've just got on question regarding character assembly using said objects from Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Let me know so I can send PMs your way to further discuss my inquiry on this since it's still in the "concept" setup phases. Thanks so much in advance, everyone.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Any "Super Paper Mario"/"PM: TTYD" assemblers still here
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:20 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Spine is a popular program that just does that, and Game Maker has built-in Spine compatibility!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 pm 
[*]
[*]
What about those of us who don't have Spine? I'm still using TGF and I plan to use Paint/Paint.net to assemble my stuff (creating the sprites for the one project I'm trying to get off the ground).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:45 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Don't use TGF, and don't use Paint/Paint.net for this task. Almost anything else is better.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:19 am 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Isn't TGF really really outdated? You'd be better off using Clickteam Fusion if you want to stick with Clickteam, or switching over to Game Maker.
As for assembling them, are you planning on having each character be one sprite made of parts stuck together, or on keeping them separate in-game as the official game does? If you want them to be one sprite I used a program called Spriter a while back to make some fluid animations for some characters. It also allows for skeleton systems, so you can easily make a lot of consistent animations that are much smoother than they'd be if you tried to do that on Paint.Net. If you're trying to keep them all separate in-game, TGF does not have this ability, nor does MMF (well it probably could be done, but it'd take so much effort and probably run into a ton of bugs that it wouldn't be worth it). I have not used CF, but I don't think it has this feature in it either.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:42 am 
[*]
[*]
I was only targeting the assembling the materials themselves, as mentioned earlier.

Evil Yoshi Toes wrote:
As for assembling them, are you planning on having each character be one sprite made of parts stuck together, or on keeping them separate in-game as the official game does? If you want them to be one sprite I used a program called Spriter a while back to make some fluid animations for some characters. It also allows for skeleton systems, so you can easily make a lot of consistent animations that are much smoother than they'd be if you tried to do that on Paint.Net.

Yeah, that's where I'm getting at; creating sprites make of parts stuck together. The only thing is checking on references to assemble them right. I think the SPM ones had some good references from what I've seen so far.

And EYT, I'll see about PMing you later.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 6 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic