PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:38 am 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've started on a new project again. Yeah, I know. I'm still getting a feel for what I am and am not capable of, but a SHMUP seems like a reasonable place to start. Reasonable, at least, compared to a 2D open-world Metroidvania action-platform-adventure-RPG featuring free-flying and hand-drawn graphics and elemental transformations and...I got a bit carried away last time, in other words.

I don't have much of anything so far, so here's...this. It's a quick little control demo thing where you can play around with one of the five or so planned ships.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7r4c3xun78mx6xv/MSB.exe

Controls:

WASD keys: Basic movement.

Left mouse: Fire lasers (Can sort of be aimed with the mouse; will only travel 20 degrees upwards or downwards from the ship, though. You'll get what I'm saying when you try it.)

Right mouse: Fire homing missiles. Well, they WILL be homing missiles once they have something to home in on.

Mouse wheel up: Increase engine power.

Mouse wheel down: Decrease engine power. 

Shift: Gravity Aileron - A quick aileron roll (not a barrel roll) that can be used in conjunction with WASD to change directions abruptly.

Ctrl: Retreat Roll - A high-speed maneuver that makes you dash in the opposite direction of the cursor.

Also have some character art because honestly why not? And yes, Kiku is still technically a thing, albeit a slightly different thing.

Last edited by soopakoopa on Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: SHMUP gameplay...preview...thing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:55 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I clicked at the download link, and it was asking me to log in/register in order to access the page, which, I don't think it was really supposed to happen. I haven't really tried the demo out yet, but, by looking at what's shown in your post, it seems interesting. I like how the sprites that were in that screenshot looked, and the character designs looked neat to me (especially Dre "The Dreadnought" Krumpson's design).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:53 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Okay, I think the page that I originally linked to was just a personal file storage page. I made a new share link and put it in the OP, so try again now.

Sorry, I'm still kinda getting my head around Dropbox.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:44 pm 
soverygrin
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
SONAR.Heuristic.160 decided it wanted to hitch a ride on the file, so I can't run it at the moment.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:46 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well, I scanned both the project folder and the exported executable file with Kaspersky Antivirus and scanned my entire computer with Malwarebytes AdwCleaner. No threats were detected by either. I decided to try uploading to Mediafire, since that seems to have an automatic virus detector. Sure enough, Mediafire said there was a virus. So I decided to start a completely different Game Maker Studio project and exported it before uploading it as a test. Mediafire said that it had a virus as well. Then I ran both of my antiviruses again and, once again, neither of them detected any threats.

I'm leaning towards the idea that it might be a false positive, since Game Maker .exe files don't always get along perfectly with a lot of antivirus programs, and SONAR.Heuristic.160 is apparently not so much an identified threat as a kind of general "alert" that antiviruses apply to files with certain specific attributes, but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I replaced the Single Runtime Executable version with a version that I exported as a Windows NSIS Installer, and MediaFire accepted it fine. Try that, I guess.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:52 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
A person on the Game Maker Community website has confirmed that the "virus" is in fact just a false positive and nothing more. https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?t ... ost-107182 So the demo available from the link in the OP is safe and functional.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 6 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic