[ 7 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [co]
 Post subject: Super Mario War: Redux Project
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:36 pm 
Tiny? A Just Say Cool
SUPER MARIO WAR: REDUX

Creating The Development Team And Finishing Up The Idea, 0%

Project Idea

Hello MFGG Community The Next Thread It is one of the most ambitious projects that I will start to do. As you are already Seeing In Title It Recreates The Beloved Super Mario War As You Will Know A Few Years One Of Its Developers Died :( And From That The Game I was in version 1.8 Beta 1 Well My idea is to recreate The Super Mario War In GMS or GMS2 since it came out and I know that it has Tile Animating But That Is Another Theme

The Game Modes Will be the ones that were in Super Mario War For those who do not know them (I doubt it but here I will name them):

1. Lives Mode
  2. Frag Limit
  3. Time Limit
  4. Coin Collection
  5. Stomp
  6. Yoshi's Eggs
  7. Capture The Flag
  8. Chicken
  9. Tag
  10. Star
  11. Domination
  12. King of the Hill
  13. Race
  14. Owned
  15. Frenzy
  16. Survival
  17. Health
  18. Card Collection
  19. Phanto

If you want to know more about these Game Modes her like Spoiler All Saccades Descriptions Wiki Ahead
Spoiler:

Engine Where The Game Will Be Performed

Until The Moment I Have Planned That Will Be The Hello Engine BUT I Will Do Modifications Withdrawing The Unnecessary For This Game

Interested in joining the Team Communicate with me in Private Message
This Project Will Be Something Long But I Hope To Have An Alpha For 2017

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Super Mario War: Redux Project
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:21 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Seems that you forgot your introduction. Considering the fact that it's your first post in the fourms, (At the time of this post).

While it does sound like interesting idea in it's concept, but I do believe that it will be impossible for you to do this project since that you haven't worked on any games nor shown anything that demonstrates your ability to create a game. Otherwise, you are just one of these useless idea guys that keep popping up out of nowhere.

Getting help will be very difficult since that you haven't actually made or worked on the game, only the idea.

As for the engine, I'd suggest to not to use Hello engine since that it's fairly buggy and it's code is quite messy and poorly coded for newcomers to handle. I'd suggest that you should make your own engine from scratch.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Quote:
recreate The Super Mario War In GMS or GMS2

Why not just take the existing C++ code and develop it, rather than redoing all that work in a proprietary tool that could lose support next decade for all you know? And probably end up with something less capable than the original?

Heck, someone already started on that:

https://github.com/neagix/smw-next

[co]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:20 am 
Tiny? A Just Say Cool
Quote:
but I do believe that it will be impossible for you to do this project since that you haven't worked on any games nor shown anything

In fact each other small Mario Games are not the big thing just went to try some things and gone Improve based on that project had no story or just a test game

Last edited by That Tinny Coder on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

[co]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 am 
Tiny? A Just Say Cool
i'M Could Do It Using The Existing Code But The Problem Is Because Of The SDL Being An Old Verification (1.2) On Some Modern Computers It May Not Work And Have Bugs

[co]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:46 am 
Tiny? A Just Say Cool
But Any Help Tip Or Suggestion Will Be Accepted :) Will try to create a Hello Engine Lite and Less Bugy Species and When The Idea Is The Idea Or As It Will Be A pre-alpha of how the concept will be

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:31 am 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
That Tinny Coder wrote:
i'M Could Do It Using The Existing Code But The Problem Is Because Of The SDL Being An Old Verification (1.2) On Some Modern Computers It May Not Work And Have Bugs

This is untrue (SDL 1.2 works just as well now as it did 10 years ago and there isn't any system it doesn't work on that I'm aware of), but upgrading to SDL 2 (which, yes, is a good idea long-term) is not all that difficult. It's been done for several other games without issue, like Project: Starfighter, SuperTux, and Naev. Most of the API is unchanged and it would just be little things you would have to fix to make it work, probably.

By the way, can you please stop capitalizing all of your words? And not triple-post?

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 7 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic