[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mr. Yoshbert wrote:
But that being said, with GMS2 being still very early in development, I'm sure they'll fine-tune the audio system (as well as other parts of the tool) somewhere down the line.
Spoiler:

It's YoYoGames. They aren't really known for listening to user feedback.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
 Post subject: Re: GameMaker Studio 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:24 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I know a guy who was in the closed beta of GMS2 and is working closely with Yoyo. It seems like they only listen to criticism they want and ignore everything else. Like they suggest you to write your own level editor when you tell them it's lacking in functionality, or suggest you to use extensions when you ask for a simple feature. They also lie about features being impossible to add, but add them a year later. So yeah I wouldn't really trust Yoyo Games about adding anything.

Oh yeah I haven't talked about GMS2 itself, I think it looks pretty good so far. I don't think it's very unstable like GMS1 so that's a huge plus, and everything about the IDE seems improved. But it still doesn't expand the capabilities of GM as much as I wanted so I'll just wait for a sale to get it.

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:25 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I took a look at its YoYo Games page, and it seems kinda neat. I like that they added layers into the room editor, auto tiling, animated tiles, and the ability to draw sprites without using objects, since I can see them saving a lot of time and work. I'm not really sure what should I think about the new image editor. I can say that it seems a bit more complex than before. The new Drag and Drop system looks a bit better to me, even though it probably won't make me stop using only GML (not saying that's a bad thing, it's just a personal preference). It's good to hear that it isn't really buggy (at least according to Mors). I might not try it out now, since I'm quite used to using the original GMS (and this version looks a lot different), but it's something that I might think about for a while.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:00 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The GMS2 beta has been out for a while now. What do y'all think of it? I don't think very much of it, because it crashes as soon as I try to log in. Fun.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:33 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I got the Pro version (reduced cost), and in terms of the UI, I'd personally still prefer GameMaker 6+ until GameMaker 8.1.

My biggest gripe with the editor in GameMaker Studio 2, there are no 'OK' buttons on windows. So, if I make changes that I'd like to revert, I can't because it auto saves.

The room editor took a while to get used to, it's layout looks really cluttered too. You can't name scripts in the script editor, you have to click on the script under the script folder, then click again (not too fast) to trigger the rename.

In terms of functions and stuff, I haven't played around long enough.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:51 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I've never had any issues with GMS2 crashing. I bitterly despise the new sprite editor, and am very underwhelmed with how unpolished the new Room Editor feels, but I've grown accustomed to the tool's new workflow. It is at least a step up from previous versions of Game Maker.

Layers are niiiiice, though!

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:13 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yeah, while the sprite editor is much better in some areas they changed/removed tons of other things, which is really disappointing. I especially hate how pasting sprites work, it's super clunky and terrible. And the general UI design isn't that much better than GM4-GM:S1, but at least it's somewhat customizable. It's also clearly not designed for resolutions under 1920x1080, they included a DPI slider but it doesn't help THAT much.

However, these are the only negatives I could find, it also has several great things going with it. First of all, it doesn't look like **** unlike GM:S1, and has some themes that make it look even better. It's better looking than Unity for sure. And the layers are reaaaly useful, even tho it's making things really hard for me while porting Flashback since it relies on depth system a lot. Same for the new camera system. And speaking of porting games, compatibility scripts are pretty awesome as well. I recommend it if you already have GM:S1 Pro and not planning to leave GameMaker for another engine. (EDIT: Oh and if you have a screen resolution under 1920x1080, don't get it too.)

I used it for like 30+ hours btw, Steam says 17 because it doesn't count the times when I opened it from the executable.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic