Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 178 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [gb]
 Post subject: Re: Mario Fan Game Developer Interviews
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:17 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Maybe. I'd have to look up what games you worked on though, since I can't remember playing a fan game by you as of this point in time.

https://gamingreinvented.com/

Also, for Wario fans, check out Wario Forums today!

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:01 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
My portfolio mainly consists of the Charisma games (a series of joke games with an... interesting development history to them), Mario + Wario the ever eternally always-in-development game, some other misc. stuff spread out that I don't think ever got too far, and the award winning P-Switch Predicament, a parody of Hello's various games and games made with his engine.

In short, I'm a very against-the-norm type of person, or at least that's what I'm known for.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:59 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I think you should interview people who made fangames/hacks that have an importance on fangaming in general. People like, the guy who made Mari0, LakeFeperd, or even Guinea. Yeah, I can't really think of much people right now.

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:58 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mors wrote:
I think you should interview people who made fangames/hacks that have an importance on fangaming in general. People like, the guy who made Mari0, LakeFeperd, or even Guinea. Yeah, I can't really think of much people right now.

so mario350 right

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:13 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Friendly Dictator wrote:
Mors wrote:

so mario350 right

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:06 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Mors wrote:

Some good suggestions there. I'll ask those people for interviews now!

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:52 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Not a game developer, but I've now interviewed the Source Gaming team:

https://gamingreinvented.com/interview/ ... ming-team/

Some very interesting things to read about localisations, translations, Smash Bros and video games in general there!

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:12 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Next up, here's an interview with Guinea! Could be an interesting read:

https://gamingreinvented.com/interview/ ... es-galaxy/

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:56 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

That was an interesting read. I never knew that Gins was into sports, cooking, and movies. I'm still hoping that Guinea will dig up a copy of Ginni Pig Adventure.

Also, I like that you used the Tusk Bucks screenshot as a highlight of Chaoxys's pixel art. That was fun.

CM30 wrote:
Do you often have to decline fan games and other submissions for various reasons?

CM30 wrote:
And are there any times you’ve regretted your approval of a fan game? Like when it was perhaps only just good enough to be accepted?

Maybe you can find out if you do a VinnyInterview someday!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:34 am 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Ah, it's really fortunate that I discovered this thread since it contains a vast amount of facts and information regarding notable fans in the community.

So, considering that you plan to interview YouTube celebrities and you interviewed Source Gaming, does that mean animators and spriters are on the table, too?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:34 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Guinea wrote:
I feel personally offended if you call Chaoxys’s work only “nearly” professional quality! *laughs* When it comes to the art direction, you have to ask the man himself for all the juicy details.

*blush*

VinnyVideo wrote:
That was an interesting read. I never knew that Gins was into sports, cooking, and movies. I'm still hoping that Guinea will dig up a copy of Ginni Pig Adventure.

Also, I like that you used the Tusk Bucks screenshot as a highlight of Chaoxys's pixel art. That was fun.

I was surprised to see that as well considering it was a gag... OR WAS IT?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:11 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
CM30 wrote:

That went up really quickly, good job on the supplementary videos and such :)
Thank you again for interviewing me, it was really fun to reminisce :soveryhappy:

One thing though, the two questions about the QCQ I didn't answer, I thought you'd just cut them out altogether, instead of putting in my "no answer" answer, otherwise I would have put in a bit more effort in answering them :o

EDIT: oh and you wrote "Super Mario Bros. DX" in the beginning. It should be DDX, since DX is the Game Boy Color game made by Nintendo. And I didn't work at Nintendo at the time, so I probably was not involved with that one :3

EDIT2: I also just pressed enter after every period, since it was more readable for me that way, I thought you'd reformat it all into paragraphs and such. That's on me though because I wrote it in notepad++, and then pasted it into a PM, where it treats the newlines as newlines. Sorry about that :(

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:33 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
That was a very interesting read. Thanks for the honorary mention, too.
Now that I know Guinea can cook I'll have to pay him a visit someday. In case his food is awful, I'll just go to the nearest Spar and buy a good ol' Leberkässemmel instead.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:50 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Guinea wrote:
I feel personally offended if you call Chaoxys’s work only “nearly” professional quality! *laughs* When it comes to the art direction, you have to ask the man himself for all the juicy details.

*blush*

VinnyVideo wrote:

I was surprised to see that as well considering it was a gag... OR WAS IT?

That's exactly why I used that screenshot. it looked funny as well as well drawn.

Guinea wrote:
CM30 wrote:

That went up really quickly, good job on the supplementary videos and such :)
Thank you again for interviewing me, it was really fun to reminisce :soveryhappy:

One thing though, the two questions about the QCQ I didn't answer, I thought you'd just cut them out altogether, instead of putting in my "no answer" answer, otherwise I would have put in a bit more effort in answering them :o

EDIT: oh and you wrote "Super Mario Bros. DX" in the beginning. It should be DDX, since DX is the Game Boy Color game made by Nintendo. And I didn't work at Nintendo at the time, so I probably was not involved with that one :3

EDIT2: I also just pressed enter after every period, since it was more readable for me that way, I thought you'd reformat it all into paragraphs and such. That's on me though because I wrote it in notepad++, and then pasted it into a PM, where it treats the newlines as newlines. Sorry about that :(

Corrected the DDX part!

Yeah, I was having trouble with the formatting here. Your response read a bit more like a Nintendo Direct script than a story, so I had to guess how it fit together.

VinnyVideo wrote:

CM30 wrote:
Do you often have to decline fan games and other submissions for various reasons?

CM30 wrote:
And are there any times you’ve regretted your approval of a fan game? Like when it was perhaps only just good enough to be accepted?

Maybe you can find out if you do a VinnyInterview someday!

Yeah, that seems surprisingly probable. You and Chaoxys might be some of the next people in the fan game interview line.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:16 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
CM30 wrote:
Your response read a bit more like a Nintendo Direct script

Hm, I can live with that.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:18 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Now that I know Guinea can cook I'll have to pay him a visit someday. In case his food is awful, I'll just go to the nearest Spar and buy a good ol' Leberkässemmel instead.

I am the one who cooks the semmeln for spar.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:
I am the one who cooks the semmeln for spar.
I rather you bake them, than cook them.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:35 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
CM30 wrote:
You and Chaoxys might be some of the next people in the fan game interview line.

Oh neat, I'd be happy to answer some questions some time.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:48 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey bro...hey bro...you wanna interview me? You know you want interview me. Go ahead, don't be shy.

No? I mean I DID make Bowser in the Horrible Nightmare. It's shadowy and mysterious...y'know, like me and my sexy body...and...and there was CONTROVERSY...there were dudes like "hey this game is too hard" and I was all like "yeah bruh" and they were all like "yeah ya need to strike some compromises, bro" and I was all like, "Nah, bro...well, maybe a few...eh" and...

...Still no? I...I have...*grins, a sparkle of light glinting off of my teeth*...unused beta elements to discuss...no?
Okay.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 pm 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I am a relevant video game maker person and I have things to say! You should ask me to say them!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 178 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic