Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 49 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: why is no 3d engine (real 3d) mario game engine made yet?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:55 pm 
@Mariodk
i see you got more stuff done then me with modeling/animetions
i see you already have made the stuff i have done so if yours is better as i know they are since i know you from KC-MM i dont got a user there i just have been follow you from since you made Goku first version for Smash bros brawl
and damn some of yours animetions and moveset mods is Epic as well as yours models/rigs
like the avater you have of yours oneslot Doctor mario for Brawl one of my fav. mods for brawl

idk how good you is at programming but i think you is and if not you is right now you will be since i have heard moveset coding in brawl is kinda like programming and i know you started knowing nothing about SSBB moding make models, rig models, make animetions, almost no help from no one and now you is one of the best Riggers/model maker on KC-MM,the Best Moveset Coder that almost anyone ask help for on how to code a attack like you made that Super Mario World Cape Glide in Super Smash bros Brawl for mario´s up-Special(cape powerup mode) and before was Glides over Non Glides characters impossible and afew others things that was impossible to do in brawl moveset modding but now is possible thanks to you

i dont know how many here knows MarioDK but 1 thing for sure he is a good model rigger,good to make animetions(if not too lazy) so he can sure help if a 3d mario engine is WIP
ohh yeah he made Geno(still beta) from Super mario RPG to join Super smash bros Brawl and i know alot of mario fans have Geno as nr. 1 wanted for SSB

[dk]
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:52 pm 
tardis wrote:
@Mariodk
i see you got more stuff done then me with modeling/animetions
i see you already have made the stuff i have done so if yours is better as i know they are since i know you from KC-MM i dont got a user there i just have been follow you from since you made Goku first version for Smash bros brawl
and damn some of yours animetions and moveset mods is Epic as well as yours models/rigs
like the avater you have of yours oneslot Doctor mario for Brawl one of my fav. mods for brawl

idk how good you is at programming but i think you is and if not you is right now you will be since i have heard moveset coding in brawl is kinda like programming and i know you started knowing nothing about SSBB moding make models, rig models, make animetions, almost no help from no one and now you is one of the best Riggers/model maker on KC-MM,the Best Moveset Coder that almost anyone ask help for on how to code a attack like you made that Super Mario World Cape Glide in Super Smash bros Brawl for mario´s up-Special(cape powerup mode) and before was Glides over Non Glides characters impossible and afew others things that was impossible to do in brawl moveset modding but now is possible thanks to you

i dont know how many here knows MarioDK but 1 thing for sure he is a good model rigger,good to make animetions(if not too lazy) so he can sure help if a 3d mario engine is WIP
ohh yeah he made Geno(still beta) from Super mario RPG to join Super smash bros Brawl and i know alot of mario fans have Geno as nr. 1 wanted for SSB

yeah i have been working sometimes on Animetions/Models to be used on a 3d mario engine for almost a year to now so ofc i have alot of animetions/models
so i think they are really good/ready to be used soon but right now they are in chr0 file format but they can be converted but buggy

also thanks for think my work is good XD

also was thinking to have Geno if i making a 3d engine of mario: geno/mallow as player 3-4 if not wario bros
anyway if that guy from Youtube not have released his work after this summer vacation i think i will try to start on my own 3d engine also made with Unity or maybe game maker since i know Bone 3d animetions is possible and there is afew 3d engines for game maker there is really good
+that Wario 64 video you posted(i already knew about that) (hope he release the engine but i think not sadly)
and galaxy with the gravity is possible too since i saw a demo on a game made with game maker where a ball move around a planet like as mario in SMG
so it should maybe be possible to make a good 3d engine for mario (atleast SM64) in game maker

anyway as soon i have made some .gif of my animetions and previews of my models
i think i will make a new thread after summer vacation and try to find a team to make a 3d engine for mario if : http://www.youtube.com/user/sindiinbonnienclyde he dont release his work or he just stop working on it and dont release it and impossible to PM and email and maybe get reply afew months later (if gets reply) and they sometimes say: sorry i deleted all files (happen alot to alot of ppl who working on as epic projects as that and happen too often)

so i see its atleast not me who think Mario srs needs a 3d engine while other game series has it already and had it for a while and mario is still stuck in 2d for fan game making its not cuz i hate 8/16bit or 2d games i just think its about time mario fan games gets 3d now and not fake 3d but real 3d with 3d models/animetions
i think the oldest/most working Sonic 3d engine is about 5 years (not sure maybe i am wrong but i know its long time since)
and it just 1 guy in the world we know of that just have started working on a mario 3d engine start of this year and is looking good
so i hope soon Mfgg jumps to 3d fan gaming soon if a 3d mario engine gets made

i know there is a mario game made in Blender i think it was named Super Blender Galaxy but its not so good so maybe we can revamp the coding/models+animetions there but then again i dont know so much to blender since i have been used 3ds max and i think unity will still be a better engine for a mario game

edit:
here is the idea list for the 3d Mario engine i have planed for a while but never got started with cuz of i dont know so much to make 3d games yet only alittle:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=288WqRmE
also remember this is only a idea for a mario 3d engine
and i already know now there is a chance for alot of this stuff will not happen (ateast not in the first versions)
and know make stuff like this takes time

[dk]
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:13 pm 
sorry for double posts
but just giving afew 3d fan games of some franchise so we can see how much behinde this site is in making fan games and still stuck in 2d:

Zelda 3d engines/fan 3d games:
legend of zelda 2 first person: http://3dnes.blogspot.dk/ (released and not have played it so much but i have not found a glitch)
this Guy here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AvatarusOne?feature=watch ( he have not released it yet but it looks perfect on the newest videos )

Sonic 3d Engine/fan games:
Sonic GDK(released and have never found a bug on the games made with Sonic GDK engine or the engine it self)
Sonic blitz(released and working good but afew glitch on the games made with this)

i have found some more 3d engines/fan games of a game/toon/anime franchise released/WIP in the past
but right now i can´t find them
but i understand now what tardis mean with why no love for Mario from the 3d Programmors
a Sonic game or zelda game is alot more harder then a mario game if just making with SMB1 gameplay: Run/1 kinda of jump+powerups) is just a basic platformer
but not even that is made
even then Sonic generations was starting to get mods like replacing classic Sonic model with a pokemon model
Mario is one of the lastest mods not even one of the first for that game so even from modders no love for mario

and yet mario still has non 3d working/released 3d fan games while all these have been Work in progress and already released some of them
so yet a other reason for we here in MFGG needing to think about to jump to 3d now
cuz of alot others game(even toon/anime) franchise gets 3d fan games

so i hope this post will help members here to see how behinde we are in fan game making and still stuck with making 2d games:
-and even still stuck with use Most of the times SMB3 sprites like
hello engine that still needs alot of fixing like that 1 sec. stop time then gets hit/Small or get powerup/grow from mushroom since that is the first bug you will find then start the engine and get mushroom and then grow is like the first thing you do in a mario game and still hello engine not have fixed that to be like in mario games
-rarely SMW or others from other mario games Sprites
-even more rarely Customs
-and super ultra rarely HD 2d spiries(like Hi-res spirites as used in the newest rayman game so you can´t even see the pixels anymore and animted like as if it was toon/anime animetions in a game )

but as i said in afew posts before i have nothing against retro/2d games i mainly point out we are behinde in making fan games and some of the good coders here maybe should soon think about 3d (if they wanted ofc) and using unity or 3d engines for game maker or other 3d engines
3d Modeling/Animetions is not really that hard to learn only hard to marster but alot of people out there on the internet who can do animetions and models
and might aswell help with making a fan game
and we will possible anyway rip models/animetions from games like we have done with spirites
(both things is the same Ripping Sprites or 3d animetions/models from a nintendo game)

if we was Nintendo
and the other fan game makers was Sony

we will be making games for nes/Super nintendo
and the other fan game makers making games for ps2/3 now

i think we are that much behinde in making fan games
mario has still not got a Modern Graphic looking fan game (2d or 3d) while others have like: Sonic 2 HD remake

[jp]
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
We aren't behind in fangaming, to put it simple people do what they want todo, if you're going to say we're behind, well first of all, tbh not alot of people here even really do coding of anykind, and tbh theres no point of making a list of what should be made if nobody's goign ot make it, tbh people do what they want and if their hobby doesn't revolve around 3D programming which is much harder than 2D programming that tbh most people kinda struggle with, there isn't a point. And tbh there isn't really a point inmaking a 3D mario engine because if you're going to take the time to make that why not go original. Fangaming isn't somethings that everyone does 24/7, and even if there was a3D mario engine only the people who actually know how to program and code well will be able to use it, and those people would have been able to make a engine themselves if it was to that point so there is no point in a 3D mario engine, it isn't just click here and click there and a game's made. so there you go, why MFGG doesn't make 3D fangames.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:48 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I see what you're saying, Shadow Kami,but that doesn't mean that mfgg isn't behind- in game making atleast. Although, Spriters-resource isn't making a move to become a 3d modeling site because its just the style. In that sense, i can see why mfgg stays to 2d.

Quote:
And tbh there isn't really a point inmaking a 3D mario engine because if you're going to take the time to make that why not go original

Ehh..Some people don't have the content resources to do that. Making models and animations takes quite a bit of time. For the same reason people rip sprites for use in a 2d fangame, people rip models and animations for use in a 3d game. Im getting the idea that you think that just because its 3D, that a fangame, like NSMBU, would be many times harder to make than its 2D counter parts. Thats the wrong way to think about it. When you get down to it, many things remain the same from 2D to 3D. Collision, models, and animations, however, are different (and rendering but thats only as complex as you want it to be). What happens when you hit the bottom of a mystery block or getting to the end of a level remains the same though.

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:16 am 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
People are still stating that we don't do it because we can't, or that fangaming isn't something done in 3D - and yet we've seen various Sonic 3D fangaming efforts, some extremely well done. So these reasons are tossed out the window.

User page at mfgg.net

[dk]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:18 am 
DJ Yoshiman wrote:
People are still stating that we don't do it because we can't, or that fangaming isn't something done in 3D - and yet we've seen various Sonic 3D fangaming efforts, some extremely well done. So these reasons are tossed out the window.

and thats what i meant
so it is not cuz we can´t and we even already have all the Resources(kinda) for make a basic 3d mario engine:
where mario can walk/run/jump have small>Big>Fire and star powerup just like in SMB1 (but in 3d now)
coins around the level
and afew enemies: koopa/Goomba only for the basic mario 3d engine

but not even that has been made whill we see 3d engines for Sonic that got gameplay from both classic/Modern sonic and even with powerups

so i dont see why not we can aswell and also i dont see why it not have been made
but that will be changed soon so mario gets one since its about time
just cuz we are fan of nintendo
dont we have to be like nintendo with been behinde Sony/microsoft (they was until wii U got made and wii not able to have HDMI
and nintendo will be behinde again after PS4/next xbox)
like we are with still making 2d fan games and sonic/afew others got 3d fan games
but as i said before i got nothing against 2d fan games the only reason for i say this is cuz its about time we getting some 3d onces
and i will love to help with modeling and some animetions aswell and soon coding

[br]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:18 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I think we don't have any 3D SMB Engine yet... Because the newest 3D Game Makers are harder to use.

Spoiler:

[dk]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:30 pm 
SuperArthurBros wrote:
I think we don't have any 3D SMB Engine yet... Because the newest 3D Game Makers are harder to use.

not really for making alot of home made: "FPS/sonic/racing/Zelda/alot of other" games that is alot harder to code then just a basic Mario 3d engine
after all 3d mario games(if only had walk/run/1 kinda of jump like SMB1) is just a basic 3d platformer engine with powerup system instead of Health
but anyway
as soon my animetions is Done and converted(as i will possible do the buggy method anyway so i hope the models dont get too messed up)
i will see if THeShyGuy/maybe afew others can help with a good and easy to use 3d mario engine even with editors for make your own game

it is alittle hard to port NSMBwii animetions from the NSMBwii model to Brawl boneset
but i am close to be done
and as i said NSMBwii´s animetions will it be possible to make these gameplay with these type of jumps/moves/attacks:
SMB1,2,3,lost level,SMWorld,NSMB
and almost SM64/SM3dland/galaxy
like i will edit Brawl mario´s AAA Combo animetions to SM64´s Punch>Punch>Kick or the Air Kick animetions
sadly its on a file format that can´t be opened in 3ds max
but lucky it can be converted
but again sadly converted with a buggy method so model/sometimes animetions get messed up

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I think another reason why people haven't actually moved onto making 3D games is because of the software that needs to be downloaded to do so. Most of the 3D software out there such as Torque and Unity are exceedingly large in size which cause high CPU usage for most casual computer users. The software can become quite frustrating when it takes about 5-10 minutes just to compile a source file just to be given an error at the end. The 2D software most fan gamers use (Game Maker, Construct, etc) don't require so much disk space and don't take 5-10 minutes to load up.

[dk]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:55 pm 
kremling wrote:
I think another reason people haven't actually moved onto making 3D games is because of the software that needs to be downloaded to do so. Most of the 3D software out there such as Torque and Unity are exceedingly large in size which cause high CPU usage for most casual computer users. The software can become quite frustrating when it takes about 5-10 minutes just to compile a source file just to be given an error at the end. The 2D software most fan gamers use (Game Maker, Construct, etc) don't require so much disk space and don't take 5-10 minutes to load up.

yeah i think that is the reason
cuz there is no other reasons for it but then again there is not really a reason for no 3d mario engine yet
for alot of other gaming franchises got 3d fan games and aswell as custom home made onces
and i dont think all the Mario fans + good at programming they all in the whole world got a bad PC
only reason i can think of is ppl just not have thinking about making a 3d mario engine until now
thats the only excuse for no 3d mario engine since ppl not have thought about a 3d mario engine
since we already got all what we needed for make one (even a basic one)
and there is alot of tools for it and possible alot of mario fans with a good(or not bad) PC and programming aswell and got time aswell

even without my model/animetions we got still all what we needing:
since NSMBwii stuff is Rippeble with rigged model/animetions
but i just revamp to make the animetions to work on brawl model so the model+animetions will look better

also for ppl who want Geno/mallow instead of wario bros
i got models of them and really good made xD

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:10 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I think someone stated this before, but making an engine when most of the population won't be able to use it (or just don't want to) might be kind of pointless. The engine should just be used for an original game (or ones own fan-game). If you think about it, not everyone has moved on to 3D fan-gaming. Sure you'll see Sonic 3D engines (but they are most likely made by the same person). Most people, Mario and Sonic fan-gamers alike, find 2D fan-gaming to be more time conservative.

Also, Game Maker supports 3D does it not? I know it won't be something like the Sonic engines you see around the web but it would definitely be a start. Maybe there are other 3D development resources out there that will be easier to work with (in regards to their size).

[dk]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm 
kremling wrote:
I think someone stated this before, but making an engine when most of the population won't be able to use it (or just don't want to) might be kind of pointless. The engine should just be used for an original game (or ones own fan-game). If you think about it, not everyone has moved on to 3D fan-gaming. Sure you'll see Sonic 3D engines (but they are most likely made by the same person). Most people, Mario and Sonic fan-gamers alike, find 2D fan-gaming to be more time conservative.

Also, Game Maker supports 3D does it not? I know it won't be something like the Sonic engines you see around the web but it would definitely be a start. Maybe there are other 3D development resources out there that will be easier to work with (in regards to their size).

yeah i know game maker support 3d but i think there is too much limits to that for even a basic mario 3d engine with afew powerups
also there is a reason for why i had all these ideas with the Editors for this Engine
so the Engine almost become a Game like these Mario 2d fan games where you can make yours own levels without know to coding/3d modeling/3d animetions

also for ppl who want Geno/mallow instead of wario bros for player 3-4(it will not be toads since i kinda hate them as playeble charater in NSMBwii/U i have nothig against toads just that they can do 100% same stuff as mario bros and make mario bros useless for mushroom kingdom)
i got models of them and really good made(mainly for SSBB hacks but they can be used for this engine aswell):
Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Mariodk wrote:
also there is a reason for why i had all these ideas with the Editors for this Engine
so the Engine almost become a Game like these Mario 2d fan games where you can make yours own levels without know to coding/3d modeling/3d animetions

That would just be a repeat of the Hello Engine (not saying the engine isn't great) except in 3D would it not?

I found two other 3D resources that might be useable.

For Java coding: http://jmonkeyengine.com/
For C++ coding: http://www.gamestart3d.com/home

[dk]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm 
kremling wrote:
Mariodk wrote:

That would just be a repeat of the Hello Engine (not saying the engine isn't great) except in 3D would it not?

I found two other 3D resources that might be useable.

For Java coding: http://jmonkeyengine.com/
For C++ coding: http://www.gamestart3d.com/home

that was my plan
kinda Hello enigine but in 3d and able to make 3d or 2d(with 3d models/animetions) mario games
and ofc works better then Hello engine like fixed that stop time (as is the first bug you find then play a hello engine game)
get a powerup and you just change sprites from small to big and no stop time for 1 sec. while growing or getting a other powerup

[tn]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm 
My wee cat Jamaïca
[*]
[*]
[*]
MarioDK ?
Since when u make gaemz :o ?

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:58 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, Hello Engine is sort of frowned upon around here unfortunately. People are going to have to learn how to code/model/animate in order to create great 3D fan-games. Unless all of the resources are provide of course, but even if they are, there will be absolutely no diversity between 3D fan-games.

[dk]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm 
GameWatching wrote:
MarioDK ?
Since when u make gaemz :o ?

since about 1½ year ago but never finished/released anything
only study game maker and alittle unity(from about 2 months studyed Unity)

but that with never release anything i will change soon:
NSMB(with 2d sprite possible just SMW sprites and not SMB3 since thats we got alot of) engine to have the same gameplay like as NSMB games

also so its here where you have been
yet a other old kc-mm member XD

kremling wrote:
Well, Hello Engine is sort of frowned upon around here unfortunately. People are going to have to learn how to code/model/animate in order to create great 3D fan-games. Unless all of the resources are provide of course, but even if they are, there will be absolutely no diversity between 3D fan-games.

i know what hello engine is for
but since my engine will be open source even with all the editors for make alot of world maps/levels and even make a whole game with use the engine´s stuff without knowing to coding/animte/modeling

so the 3d mario engine will kinda be both Hello engine aswell as one of these Level editors for mario(but in 3d and bigger with more stuff to it)
my plan was to make a 3d mario engine where you can download or make Levels,world maps,even a whole game
like as ppl do with M.U.G.E.N(2d figthing game engine): Download or Make a charater or Stage

and with the editors so ppl dont even have to learn 3d coding/modeling/animating(its a plus if you know to that so you can import models/animetions or coding to the editors) just have to place objects/enemies just like you do with the level editors made for other 2d mario games(or SM64,galaxy modding)
you will be able to make a Whole game just by using the editors (like 8 worlds,alot of levels to the 8 worlds,maybe some cutscenes and then save all that stuff to a file you can upload and then download and open it in the engine and play the game)
or use the open source to code more stuff to it like make a remake of SMRPG or a Mario&Sonic Crossover out of this engine

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
You're asking for quite a lot you know, hahaha. What you envision is possible but requires an exceeding amount of time. I can see you want to make 3D fan-game "cloning" as easy as possible. I feel as though you're jumping too far ahead of where you currently stand (unless you currently are capable of making this engine including coding, modeling, animating, etc.). I feel you need to envision nothing but a BASIC 3D PLATFORMING ENGINE and nothing more. Finish this first and everything else will fall into place.

[dk]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:11 pm 
kremling wrote:
You're asking for quite a lot you know, hahaha. What you envision is possible but requires an exceeding amount of time. I can see you want to make 3D fan-game "cloning" as easy as possible. I feel as though you're jumping too far ahead of where you currently stand (unless you currently are capable of making this engine including coding, modeling, animating, etc.). I feel you need to envision nothing but a BASIC 3D PLATFORMING ENGINE and nothing more. Finish this first and everything else will fall into place.

the final versions of the engine i think will be like that
but yeah i will start with a basic 3d/3d side scrolling platform engine first
later we can add the other stuff

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 49 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic