Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:42 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Xandalf wrote:
Waluigi cannot be the villain, unless he wins in the game.

To be honest, I've always wanted to make a game where Waluigi really is an insuperable villain.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:49 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Speaking of Waluigi, here's another idea for platforming abilities for any game that wants to use him -- I know Midas Machine has his skinny ability, but it is pretty particular to that game and is mostly gimmick.

He'd be kind of like a mix between Peach and Bass (from Mega Man). Basic stats-wise, he's the slowest runner. Even with a running start, he can't cross the gaps that Mario and Luigi can (or Wario with a dash jump). For jumping, he'd be between Mario and Luigi... He's got longer legs for sure, but hardly any muscle in them.

Now that we know he sucks stats-wise, he can at least have a cool ability to make up for it. His would be the double jump. Without running, he can jump twice to the point where he can almost reach Luigi's super jump. However, if he's running and does a double jump, the second jump would have him spinning, kind of like Samus' double jump in Smash Bros. Once he lands, he'll land on his head and get stunned for a second, but at least he can reach further than Mario and Luigi can without powerups.

Fire flower would be as in Midas Machine, an angled fireball that just goes straight. With his double jump though, that gives him more flexibility in aiming his fireballs.

If raccoon leaves are in the game, then he can do a few more Kirby-sized jumps, rather than the delayed fall.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:53 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Not quite sure where to post this. Concept Corner or WIP Topic. Since it isn't gameplay-related I guess it's better to post it here.
But I came up with a stage design for TheShyGuy's and my Splatoon fangame. The custom stage Minnow Cliffs.

What do y'all think?
EDIT: Added more sidepaths so the enemy can't force you to stay in your base

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:59 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It looks very Splatoon-esque. You seem to have incorporated a lot of the level-design philosophies Splatoon has quite well!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:36 pm 
Here we go.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

CUT

Last edited by YoshiEgos on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
if you post a concept here, you're putting it up for grabs. so asking for people to not steal the concept is a bit redundant
Nite Shadow wrote:
Suppose you have an idea, but just don't have the drive to put it into play. Drop it off here - somebody may be able to use it some day.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:34 pm 
Here we go.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

LuigiM9 wrote:
if you post a concept here, you're putting it up for grabs. so asking for people to not steal the concept is a bit redundant
Nite Shadow wrote:
Suppose you have an idea, but just don't have the drive to put it into play. Drop it off here - somebody may be able to use it some day.

Crap. I'll remove the post I suppose.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:39 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I do think it would be kind of cool though to have a single topic where people can post their concepts that they do want to carry out. That way people might not make topics about their games before they even start making it since they will have a place to post it.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:53 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Evil Yoshi Toes wrote:
I do think it would be kind of cool though to have a single topic where people can post their concepts that they do want to carry out. That way people might not make topics about their games before they even start making it since they will have a place to post it.

Personally, I don't see the point of that. They can post their concept when they've got something to show, which also doubles as proof that it is happening, or at least, that there is a real attempt to make it happen.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:09 am 
I wanted to make a separate thread for this but thought that it didn't really warrant so much due my questions below. Anyway:

So I had once tried to make a concept for a Smash Bros RPG-game before. This got quite popular reception from others, and it led me to talk about plenty of ideas and additions. Sadly it sorta fell off due too many of them piling up while it was still, at best, just an idea.

Lately this year, I had played Project x Zone in spades and while digging the immense fanservice and charm, the game's system felt like it needed more "juice" and "addiction" into it due feeling actually barebones when you break down the combat mechanics within it's core game.

When playing Smash Bros after, my curiosity awakened to revisit my old concept and try to polish it for better. After some hard analyzing and discussing with a new friend who's also a fellow Project x Zone-fan, I managed to take my old concept and combine it with stream-line, chopped down mechanics from both series to something easy to pick up, but difficult to master (over time), and possible to loads of customization and possible variations. Gone also are classes and other somewhat hefty mechanics on possibly big games like these.

I put the concept draft in the spoilers:
________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Alrighty! Dunno what to do with this all, but I merely just wanted to create something interestin' looking for times where creativity like that would be needed somewhere. What do you think?

I wonder how to ever make this into reality if in anyway. I tried to get to Game Maker many times years ago but it kept always losing my interest due pretty much having to figure out everything on my own and just be stuck on doing simple games at best. I had considered following:

- Trying to get this gameplay concept being made into a fangame engine, which when fully polished, could lead a way to decently create "episodes" with selection of characters crossed over for that episode. This way each character in these episodes could be worked on individually and possibly lead to bigger story segments while saving the resources and developing time. Basically do small episodes and then compile the characters in them to bigger ones with less work?

- Get myself a job and try to find a decent way to hire a fangame developer and pay them in reasonable amounts to create this fangame engine.

I just wanna know would any of the above be possible and if not, are there other methods aside from having to pick up Game Maker again and relearn it?

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:39 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This summer, while going through some old stuff, I found several old Mario coloring books I got when I was really young. Then it occurred to me: I would love to see a Mario fangame that draws inspiration from the classic Mario cartoons and the officially licensed Mario products from around that time. Since then, the "Marioverse" has become more standardized, and it would be cool to see a throwback to the era of semi-official artists interpreting the Mario universe in widely differing ways.

As for concepts that aren't explicitly Mario-related, the world needs more JRPGs with unique settings. I'd love to see an RPG set in the American West, especially one set around the time that European settlers arrived (or shortly before then). An RPG featuring native peoples could be really cool if it was executed thoughtfully.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:02 pm 
VinnyVideo is the best admin ever.
[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
This summer, while going through some old stuff, I found several old Mario coloring books I got when I was really young. Then it occurred to me: I would love to see a Mario fangame that draws inspiration from the classic Mario cartoons and the officially licensed Mario products from around that time. Since then, the "Marioverse" has become more standardized, and it would be cool to see a throwback to the era of semi-official artists interpreting the Mario universe in widely differing ways.

As for concepts that aren't explicitly Mario-related, the world needs more JRPGs with unique settings. I'd love to see an RPG set in the American West, especially one set around the time that European settlers arrived (or shortly before then). An RPG featuring native peoples could be really cool if it was executed thoughtfully.

Sounds cool, Vinny. :)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:45 am 
I started creating one a long while back which followed a gray goomba, Grey The Goomba (hoh hoh), the only survivor of a ruined kingdom in the desert

Last edited by KDgdfgg on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:33 am 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
...the world needs more JRPGs with unique settings. I'd love to see an RPG set in the American West...

But then it would be a...Western Japanese RPG.

*Head explodes*

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:02 am 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I think I just had a fairly unique idea for a new sort of playable character that could be used in a multiple-character
fangame. For all intents and purposes, I'll just call him Negative Mario. While statistically the same as Mario, he has one
special ability that sets him apart; any powerup that Negative Mario collects or uses has the "opposite" effect on him.

For example:

Tanookie Suit + Negative Mario = Frog Negative Mario

Fire Flower + Negative Mario = Ice Negative Mario

Boomerang Suit + Negative Mario = Hammer Negative Mario

When Negative Mario rides Yoshi, Yoshi will spit out some sort of projectiles instead of eating enemies.

When Negative Mario rides a Lakitu cloud, it will function like a Kuribo's Shoe, and vice-versa.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:56 pm 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Concept Thing

<Corny>Each section is made by different people
They're given one (or so) screens of whatever software we'd use
They can do anything they want with that screen
The catch: It has to fit with the screen before
To make it seem like one continuous level
The same goes with bosses
Could it work?
<Corny>Boss Relay Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOhqOI4H56U
<Corny> Level Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26op95CJF_M

Last edited by Heraga on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 pm 
where are the dreamers gone?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
soopakoopa wrote:
I think I just had a fairly unique idea for a new sort of playable character that could be used in a multiple-character
fangame. For all intents and purposes, I'll just call him Negative Mario. While statistically the same as Mario, he has one
special ability that sets him apart; any powerup that Negative Mario collects or uses has the "opposite" effect on him.

For example:

Tanookie Suit + Negative Mario = Frog Negative Mario

Fire Flower + Negative Mario = Ice Negative Mario

Boomerang Suit + Negative Mario = Hammer Negative Mario

When Negative Mario rides Yoshi, Yoshi will spit out some sort of projectiles instead of eating enemies.

When Negative Mario rides a Lakitu cloud, it will function like a Kuribo's Shoe, and vice-versa.

This would be a fairly good idea for Waluigi, actually. Just because of how weird Waluigi is.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:44 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mushroom kingdom: Twisted realm.

This concept revolves around an alternate universe, where past situations have resulted in a different present.
Various characters may play very different roles than they had in the original games.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:11 am 
I was thinking that it would be great if someone 'fixed' paper mario sticker stars.
a fan game of it altering it into somthing more similar to the first 2 paper mario games.

An open world rather than the board game style it had, Making the most important stickers into partners and changing them into ...you know more creature like beings. i was thinking that the normal stickers could just be made into collectables sorta like recepies and tattles were. and thus you could replace them with normal items and badges. I would change the 'comet pieces' to ..idk star comet pieces? lol the originals both had 'stars' to get after all. and like the originals the comet pieces would give you some sort of battle abilites.

it could be cool to add iin things that werent in the game in the firstplace, like a tattle tale goomba for instance.

i actually had a dream about this last night and fell compelled to suggest its making. I myself wouldnt know how to make a game like this though i would love to.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:49 pm 
where are the dreamers gone?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
What if the world map for a Mario game was set in an isometric view?

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic