Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:10 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I one time had an idea for a game where 1985 and 2014 Mario meet each other. Hilarity ensues.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:58 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
So basically Mario Generations?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:16 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yoshbert wrote:
I actually had an idea for a Mario anniversary game for quite a while. It's kinda in the same vein as Sonic Generations and borrows elements from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

The story starts with Luigi, Peach, and a whole bunch of their friends throwing a big surprise party for Mario. While they are celebrating, Professor E. Gadd is finishing working on his brand new time machine in his lab (a repaired version of the one from PiT). Things go awry, and the time machine malfunctions, causing everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom to be sucked into Time Holes popping up everywhere. Now Mario, with E. Gadd's help, must rescue his friends and bring time back into order and figure out who's behind all of this, or something like that.

The HUB world would be Professor E. Gadd's laboratory, and the worlds will be split into eras, with each level representing a past Mario platformer. You collect Power Stars ala SM64 to move on to the next era. Depending on the level, you would either rescue a friend or fight a rival (who joins you later).

For example:

Nostalgic Era
- Super Mario Bros. (save Luigi)
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (defeat Birdo)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (save Toad)

16-Bit Era
- Super Mario World (save Yoshi)

Portable Power Era
- Super Mario Land (save Daisy)
- Super Mario Land 2 (defeat Wario)

64 + 128 Era
- Super Mario 64 (defeat Waluigi in a tennis-themed minigame)

Millennium Era
- Super Mario Galaxy (save Rosalina)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (save Blue Toad and Yellow Toad)

...and so forth. There'd also be little side areas based on the non-platformer/spin-off titles, like a ghost house level based on Luigi's Mansion, or a sewer level based on the original arcade Mario Bros.

As for the level structure, think open worlds like the 3D games with a few linear sections more akin to the 2D games.

Along the way you'd run into well-known bosses that Mario's fought frequently in past games, like King Boo, the Koopalings, or Petey Piranha. Oh, and somehow Bowser would have to be there, too.

Wish I could make this myself, but ehhhh. As you can see, I haven't really thought this out that much.

You know, I think I'll claim some parts of this concept for a game that's in planning stages. :)

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:13 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[youtube]lHahbKFONF8[/youtube]
This video.

Edit: sorry for lack of info but here's my idea:

A fangame focused on classic platformed level with some gimmicks like toxic oil, pipe repair bonus, oil enemy and Bowser's evil BP(Bowser Petroleum) empire with armed Koopa Troops.

Last edited by Hypernova on Thu May 08, 2014 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:19 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Hypernova wrote:
[Video here]
This video.

Hey man, you can't just snag somebodies video and post it here.
At least try to add your own thing to it..

Cool clip though.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:35 am 
The Cranky One
Hey guys remember that topic I made about the fangames of your dreams?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14824&p=385021

Well you know that ultimate RPG idea I had? Well just for the heck of it I wrote out a rough draft of all the chapters and plot scenarios for the game. It's an awful lot to read but it's as basic as I could write it right now. Oh and before you read it please know that in this game Mario gains partner like in Paper Mario, however these partners are Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong. On top of that, Mario can summon other characters on to the battlefield using the Gadd Phone, but it takes up battery power. No, I don't really expect this game to get made. It seems like too big of a project to make it myself.

Ahem. Anyway here's a poorly written synopsis.

---

PROLOGUE: Challenge of the Stars
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 1: Battle of the Boos
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 2: Invaders in Sarasaland
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 3: A Yoshi Epidemic
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 4: On the Lamb in Diamond City
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 5: Totally Losing Kongtrol
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 6: A Dream Come True
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 7: King of the Koopas
Spoiler:

CHAPTER 8: Destiny of the Stars
Spoiler:

I put the chapters into spoiler tags so it won't look like a mess of text. Anyway, hope you enjoy reading it. Please tell me what you think.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:49 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Here is an idea for a game staring Toad.
This one is based largely around SMB3, but from toads perspective.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:26 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mario's Clean Clean Castle Trek
Story:
It's just a regular day in the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario just so happens to be on a rescue mission for Princess Peach from the hands of Bowser. Mario is in a heated battle, avoiding Bowser's fire breath, when suddenly something unexpected happens. A shower of Water and Soap rises all around the castle. Then it suddenly sinks... Bowser states the obvious saying "Man that was weird." And then right away the whole fortress starts to spin into a whirlpool. Mario wakes up in a strange new world.
Mario must journey across Dental Floss wires, explore Q-tip platforms, battle his way through toothbrush forests and hopefully save the princess from the clutches of this new enemy. If only he could find her among this giant Clean Clean Castle.
But who are these mysterious hygiene obsessed foes? They're the Soaps. They view dirt as the pinnacle of all that is evil and praise those who scrub and keep spotless. So what do they want with Bowser? They want nothing. They want Peach. Who is, of course, nothing but sparkling. These Soaps are going to stop Mario from ever saving Peach. Or they will die trying.
You must deliver dirt to Peach just before she applies moisturizer, or you will be stuck in Clean Clean Castle forever!
Environments: (These are all subject to change.)
1. Bubble Bath Basin - Starting level. Hop from bubble to bubble to traverse this shiny moat.
2. Hair Cleanse County - Shoot shampoo and conditioner out of bottles to ride across gaps.
3. Hair Dry District - Turn on hair dryers to float around.
4. Steaming Straightener Turf - Turn straighteners on and off to avoid heat or kill enemies.
5. Scissor Cut Section - Avoid hair scissors that are trying to cut away at the bushes you`re in.
6. Ear Purge Pass – Ride on passing Q-tips.
7. Toothbrush Forrest Fighting – Battle toothbrush minions and climb their brushes.
8. Piling Paste Evasion – Avoid falling toothpaste.
9. Fast Floss Footing – Stay stable on thin floss and avoid teeth.
10. Mouthwash Mighty Movement – Swim past swirling mouthwash into the heart of the Castle.
11. Hygiene Hierarchies Most High – Fight the leader of the Soaps.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:56 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Capcom Versus Mario and Sonic at the 20xx Hyrule Olympic Motocross Tournament

Admit it, you'd hate yourself for owning it, but you'd play
the heck out of it anyway.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:29 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Koopa Quest: Mario characters in a setting similar to that of Dragon Quest games. Heck, the plot for the first DQ boils down to "save the princess and defeat the Dragonlord" which is little different from "save the princess and defeat GREAT DEMON KING KOOPA".

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:51 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I don't know what could be done with this, but one time I had an idea for a sort of Mario platformer-farming
hybrid (plat-farmer?) where you could occasionally find "seeds" from enemies, blocks, etc. You could then plant
these in a garden on the world map. One "day" would go by each time you beat or re-beat a level, and each
seed type would grow into a certain power-up after some days, after which you would have the option to either
harvest it or forfeit the power-up for 2 of its seeds.

There would be a market where you could sell your power-ups and seeds, as well as buy seeds and
various farming items. Some items would include:

Fertilizer: Used to speed up growth of power-ups.

Vitamineral: Levels up fully-grown powerups, with a max of 3 levels. Each level increases
the powerup's power. For example, a level 2 Super Mushroom would become an Armor Shroom
which would allow you to take an extra hit before becoming Super Mario, lvl 3 would be Ironclad
Shroom, even more HP. Level 2 fireballs explode on contact, level 3 leaves a small fire after the
explosion like a Molotov.

Cross-pollinator: Allows you to mix seeds of 2 types of power-ups. (I know, that's not cross-pollination, but
whatever.) For example, Fire Flower + Racoon Leaf = Rocket Fox suit: Jumping in mid-air sends you
flying upwards, but you can't float down. Hammer Suit + Ice Flower = Shatter Hammer, a short-ranged
melee weapon which allows you to break special blocks, flatten enemies and bash bosses, dealing major
damage and sending them flying back.

The game itself should be one of those games where if you're up for a big-time challenge you can
just play the game normally and collect the powerups from boxes, but if you're having too much trouble
you can just grow a level 3 Shatter Hammer and pretend to be Thor.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:52 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mario Bros. DDX/Mario Bros. War

I've got a lot of related skype quotes thrown in a text file, so I'll just relay it here
Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:04 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm sorry guys, I can't carry on this project any farther.
Everything I've done, the characters, the storyline... I am seeing this waaay too vividly...

I am dropping off this concept so that maybe somebody can use it some day.
And hey, maybe I'll pick it up myself some day, but I have really let my mind go too far with this thing, and I am seeing details in my mind, of a quality that would be seen in those creepypasta stories...

I'm out of my element in this, and getting into the mind of the antagonist has proven to be a very disturbing endeavor for me.

With this, I drop off the last piece of the game concept I came up with.

The Twisted Dream:

Spoiler:

Boss/Enemy Concepts:
Spoiler:

Alternate missions, and endings concepts:
(Major Spoilers again)
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:40 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This would take a ton of work, and games like this have a long track record of high ambitions and dismal failures, but I'd love to see someone make a Fire Emblem-like strategy game featuring MFGG people and settings.

(Similarly, a good Fire Emblem clone featuring Mario characters would be a lot of fun.)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:50 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
This would take a ton of work, and games like this have a long track record of high ambitions and dismal failures, but I'd love to see someone make a Fire Emblem-like strategy game featuring MFGG people and settings.

(Similarly, a good Fire Emblem clone featuring Mario characters would be a lot of fun.)

The idea of games featuring actual community members has always sounded like an interesting
idea to me. The problem is, how do you decide who you do and don't use?

(Read: I would pee myself and cry if I were left out, but I would pee myself in surprise if I were in it.
Either way, I pee myself, and am unhappy and ashamed.)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:02 am 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Soopa: There have been a few different games featuring members of our community, although most concepts never get completed because they have trouble finding a reliable spriter.

Usually these games feature people who are well-known on MFGG: staff members, prolific contributors, frequent posters, people with interesting characters or memorable personalities, and members of the development team.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
One time I was thinking of a sort of Dynasty Warriors kind of deal.

Basically, you select Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, whatever random characters
would be included and fight your way through relatively flat and simple but enemy-infested
levels. Additionally, every character would have a different fighting style. Mario would
fight with a large hammer, Luigi would use powerful ranged attacks like throwing hammers
and a bob-omb launcher, Peach would cast various elemental spells, toad would wield
nunchucks and would have fast attacks that move him around a lot, and finally Yoshi would
be the "odd one" with attacks like eggdozers, AOE groundpounds, and huge tongue lashes
that hit multiple enemies over a long distance.

Traditional powerups would return, and effect your attacks in various ways. For example, Raccoon
Mario's hammer attacks would be replaced with various sorts of spin attacks which would flip enemies
over or knock them back, Fire Yoshi's groundpound would create a flaming shockwave, Frog Suit
Toad would have a lot of leaping attacks.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:02 pm 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Super Mario Bros. and the <insert fancy disease name here> Incident (feat. BOWSER)

Peach becomes afflicted with some sort of mysterious illness after eating food imported from a foreign country. Dr. Toadley diagnoses the condition as <insert fancy disease name here>, and the only known cure is <insert name of magical wonder remedy/herb/fruit here>. Unfortunately the cure is located in some vast uncharted territory of said country, and if Peach doesn't have it within X amount of days, she'll die permanently turn into stone. Toadsworth tasks Mario and Luigi with traveling to this strange land to find the cure.

Also, Bowser hears about this news somehow and vows to find the cure first (insisting that he'll have nobody to kidnap if Peach kicks the bucket, and vehemently denying that he actually cares for her well-being or anything sappy like that) and drags Kamek along with him to look for the cure themselves in their own playable story, which could work like the 2D Bowser interludes in PM:TTYD or the Captain Toad levels in 3D World. So yeah, Bowser and his crew are playing the anti-heroes this time around, though neither they or the Mario Bros. realize that they're on the same side until the very end (at which point, they team up to save Peach). Maybe there could be some new villain or something to pose as a greater threat, but I dunno.

Bowser's levels are much more larger, and less compact than Mario and Luigi's. Bowser can punch, breathe fire, and spin around in his shell, while Kamek can use his magic to conjure up crazy spells that do all sorts of waaaacky things! Plus, if you're not controlling him, Kamek could follow Bowser around on his broom and help clear the way (think the helpers from Kirby Super Star), and when things get dire, Kamek can use his magic to make Bowser grow giant. Seriously, these levels are made for you to just rampage around in without a care.

As for Mario and Luigi's gameplay... that's up to whoever uses this storyline. Any sort of variation of the standard Mario formula would do, though excising the "Super to Small" system in favor of a health bar would suit this kind of game better. Since the majority of this hypothetical adventure takes place outside of the Mushroom Kingdom, introducing a lot of brand-new power-ups would be in order. Not only new power-ups, but also new characters, especially the enemies due to Bowser being a good guy and all (although not all of the Koopas and Goombas and whatnot work for him, and the ones that do could serve as baddies in Mario's story). Find some way to make the the bros' gameplay style look and play as interesting as Bowser's!

Last edited by Mr. Yoshbert on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:30 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Someone - maybe Nintendo! - seriously ought to make a game using Yoshbert's concept.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:28 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Here's a little exercise for anyone who wants to participate:

It's been so many years, and Waluigi has yet to have a canon Mario appearance. For all we know, he really doesn't exist. Even Daisy was introduced in Super Mario Land before being relegated to being a party game fill in character. So here's the question: If Waluigi were to be introduced into the true Mario world of minimal-story platforming games, how would he finally be introduced? What would the story be? There are many routes...

He could be a villain (either the primary antagonist or a recurrent boss like Bowser Jr) -- either in a Mario game (like Wario in SML2), or even a Luigi game.
He could be the main playable character in the Mario world (no other characters have been introduced this way).
He could be one of many playable characters as in the New Super Mario Bros series / Super Mario 3D World (or even SM64 DS)
He could be another playable character next to Wario or even Luigi (playable straight from the start was how Luigi was introduced).
Or he could be a random NPC (like Toad, E. Gadd, etc. or even Yoshi, kind of)

Note Psycho Waluigi, despite being hands down the best Waluigi fangame out there, does not really qualify as a character introduction. It's really his own game, and not an introduction of the character into the Mario world.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic