Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:02 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Cake wrote:
What if the world map for a Mario game was set in an isometric view?

Super Mario 3D Blast? Super Mario 3D Blast!

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Well not so much a concept as something I'm developing but have yet to sprite or program. I've been working on level progression and environments and rooms and the not so important aspect of this particular game: story. Why am I working on all this first? Well it's a Metroid Fangame! Has some rooms planned:
Underwater Castle/Facility : has a lake surrounding it with a plenty few mighty waves incoming that knocks Samus back, A hallway enterance to this room littered with mysterious "alien knight armour" (like a medieval castle but more high tech and creepy) A puzzle room of eyeballs that knock you back and you must blast the force field generators of high jump boots shielding to smithereens
Afloratite exploded and radioactive futuristic suburbia: a grade school that has shadows of long blasted away people, that are permanently there, with a new item to be unlocked in that puzzley area, a metroid producing creature/organ that seeps the walls of a hospital and other neat locales

The game is taking a lot of inspiration from the Prime series in that each room has a purpose for being there and it will not be a side scroller, and focus lots on adventure!

Ok I'm done spoiling my work for now.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:24 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I was just working on a picture of some redesigned Mario enemies Spoiler:
and I was just struck with this idea: what about a game that's technically a Mario game, but where everything is different and reimagined? Basically, a game that plays like a Mario game and features Mario characters, but where everything is redesigned and different? Different-looking enemies with somewhat different behaviors from what they usually have (while filling similar roles), different-looking NPCs, different-looking powerups, a different tone, a different artstyle, and a completely different way of portraying the basic level tropes like grasslands, caves, castles and jungles.

It could be called...I dunno... Actually New Super Mario Bros? Nah, I have no idea what it would actually be called.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:21 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
So...you essentially want Mario Boom - Rise of Lyric?
inb4 Toad Infinite Jump Glitch

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:57 am 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Not really. It would still play like a New Super Mario Bros. game and it would still feature all of the familiar concepts and tropes, it would just present them a bit differently.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:44 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
scaled image
I made robot masters

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:48 pm 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
needs brown girls

what are you, racist?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:06 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Vertette wrote:
needs brown girls

what are you, racist?
No, Megaman doesn't need girls forced in

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:03 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Vertette wrote:
needs brown girls

what are you, racist?
No, Megaman doesn't need girls forced in
But of COURSE it does! EVERYTHING needs female characters ham-fisted in! If you don't make Woman Man, that could only POSSIBLY MEAN that you HATE WOMEN and digisexuals! Cheque your privilege before you shreque your privilege, h7er.

#MakeLinkAGirlZeldaBreathoftheWild

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:12 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
^ Good thing Megaman is not tackled by SJWs because only people that actually play videogames bother with Megaman

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:47 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Although back on topic, it would be pretty neat to see...like...an actual good Mega Man fan game on here. The closest we really have is Sniffit Scramble, and that's more of a Mario game with some Mega Man elements.

I'd try, since I'm not really sure what I want to do for my next fan game project (I mean, it's been about a year now since I've done anything) but I kinda...suck at Mega Man games.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:43 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Variety of appearances and characters can actually help. Makes the characters more memorable I find.

Cool drawings though Coco

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:15 am 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
This isn't a concept of a fan game per se, but it is very useful in the field of animation and could potentially be used for fan games. You see, I had an idea like this floating around in my head for a bit, but after discovering this application, I was given additional inspiration and fleshed out the germ of the idea.

Spoiler:

Seeing how there's software specifically designed for Minecraft animations, what if there's a Paper Mario counterpart for that application? The primary feature I have in mind is how it handles character animation. Sure, advanced rigging setups similar to the ones in Maya (including using custom attributes in a channel editor) are still possible in this program, but the most ideal way for animating characters is using what I call the "Wonder Paper System." Basically, they are just image planes with an animated texture on them, but how you are able to animate the texture is the real beauty of this system. By selecting a "sheet" of "Wonder Paper" in the scene, you're given the option to go into an editor with an interface not unlike what you see in Adobe Animate (formally Adobe Flash). From there, you'll find a timeline that'll let you animate your character like in any normal 2-D animation application. Not only does it provide you with a layout that's isolated from the main one, but you also have the option to actually work in the main layout to get a good idea on how the character is interacting with the world. You even get an option for the camera to directly look at the character in the scene. Besides the expected puppet system (attribute editor and all), the other powerful feature of the "Wonder Paper System" is frame-by-frame animation capabilities. That way, you can even animate the characters on the same level of quality as expected from a Mario & Luigi game. As you could expect, with the quality of the drawing tools I plan to have in this program (both vector and raster-based tools with tablet support), I don't insist on this entire application solely being used for Paper Mario animations. Instead, I imagine it creating feature length films that are a solid match for anything Disney can produce as far as cel animation is concerned.

I know I'm getting way too ahead of myself on this, but I couldn't help but speculate the possibilities (especially with cinematic camera angles thrown into the formula). Overall, I was only thinking of an alternate way to animate Paper Mario characters without creating countless puppet parts on a perfectly square sheet ahead of time and toiling over ensuring that they fit together and animate properly. Instead, I could just dive right into animating and only creating the parts when they are needed (on top of fixing certain bits of the character that just doesn't look right on the fly). Plus, since the "Wonder Paper" is only just a single plane, I can easily manipulate it with several deformer tools, such as taper, bend, and twist. With the current system I have, I'm not sure if it's possible to easily distort puppets made of multiple parts and the best I can currently work with is a static image plane (even though it's possible to give it a dynamic texture). Besides, even if I work around that problem, there's still the oddity of sprite layering that the second and third Paper Mario games have to deal with.

Other features I'd like to see in it:

- An interface that's flexible and won't intimidate beginner animators.

- The ability to create a good quality render preview as you work and the capability of rendering the entire film quickly. If it matches the kind of quality seen in Paper Mario: Color Splash, then I'm golden.

- A good camera system that lets you use multiple cameras (especially if you want to switch to another camera when the animation is playing) and provides multiple options that are alterable during the animation. Of course, one of these is massively altering the perspective to resemble the 2-D view in Super Paper Mario.

- Modeling tools that are nearly as good as the ones in Maya at the very least. Of course, you can rig these up like puppets if needed. Also, auto-UV mapping and the ability to directly draw textures onto surfaces are helpful.

-Access to a graph editor that lets you manipulate the motion tweens of objects much like how it works in Maya.

- Multiple effects, such as ones created through particles and ones that distort the world (i.e. Dimentio teleporting).

- Tools that you hide objects and alter transparency. Also, files that contain multiple scenes (AKA fresh animations that are independent from each other) is useful.

- Basic sound editing tools (i.e. volume control) are necessary.

- A powerful import/export tool that not only lets you import sprite sheets and models, but also lets you take characters and environments from other animations and dumps them into the current animation. Exporting the characters and models created in the application for use in other applications is not necessary, but potentially useful.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, so I don't expect this to ever happen until Paper Mario animations are on the same level of popularity as Minecraft animations. Still, I would like a little bit of progress made on something like this in the near future. Heck, I'm even up for drawing out concept sketches and mockups to provide better references to what I have in mind. For now, though, I'll have to stick with Maya and Fireworks for all my Paper Mario animation needs.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:06 pm 
EXPECTED TTYD HD TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME
Paper Mario Tech and Mechs.

I was going to make this into a actual fangame, but I don't have the right equipment to make it.

Story: Toadsworth and Luigi are looking for Peaches lost bracelet in the castle attic when they find 4 tickets to a colorful paradise called 'Orobto Island'. They then rush down to Peach and Mario and tell them about it. Peach, overjoyed, tells them that they are going on vacation. But when they arrive, they're not greeted by the peaceful and colorful town they saw on the leaflet. They were greeted by a huge polluted city full of crime. Mario then notices a tiny wind up robot and winds it up. The robot comes to life and introduces himself as Spekend. He states that he was one a person living on the island, before it was taken over by a mysterious person called Teupda, whom no one has ever actually seen before. Mario then decides that him, Luigi, Peach and Toadsworth should get to the bottom of the mystery.

Gameplay: SPM and TTYD blend, similar to the PM fangames Epic Paper Mario and Great Star Offensive. However, Mario can obtain minis like in the Mario Vs Donkey Kong Series. These can fit through small gaps and can be controlled with their own unique abilites. For example, the Peach mini will be able to float across large gaps.

Partners: Partner ideas I had include a former gangster Toad, a Goomba with earphones, A business cheep cheep called Cheap Cheep, a shopkeeper Shy Guy and a Ice Bro Fireman.

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:43 am 
:D
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
So here's a random idea I had just the other day.

I'm watching a video about Paper Mario fangames, he showed some really good and really bad ones, and I watched a video where Parakarry's glitched into using different sprites because the game thinks he got switched to someone else and he moves like whoever you picked too, but it loads different sprites of him.
So I thought of the two, and thought, what if Parakarry had a fangame? There's a specific idea I have in mind.

It would be something pretty normal, something with him having to get letters of his that he dropped somewhere. You look for things and find things and deliver things. But maybe the scenario could be funny or offbeat. Something like as he's getting the letters, maybe some big Mario RPG type event is happening in the background, but he's oblivious to it. He seems like the oblivious sort of guy. Maybe you see Mario fighting this monster or something, there's some side story going on.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:18 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
That sounds like an interesting concept, Parakarry. In fact, that made me think about something that I would like to see more often. Fangames that star Paper Mario allies. They seem to generally hold the potential for a game of their own (for example, maybe some sort of stealth game could work for Vivian), but sadly don't seem to really have a whole lot of fangames to star in, or even appear in.

Anyway, I was reading a topic on the Developer Discussion forum, which asked why do most Mario fangames seem to be something that Nintendo has usually done for Mario (like platformers), and I saw a post made by VinnyVideo, which included something that I think it should be put here in the Concept Corner. Here's the post VinnyVideo made:

VinnyVideo wrote:
Speaking of underused fangaming genres, I've always thought it would be cool if someone made a full-length Mario visual novel or a sequel that built on Yoshi's Safari.

I'd pretty much agree with him. In fact, if I had the skills and drive to do so, I'd probably love to do a sequel to Yoshi's Safari (or something like that). I found the original game to be rather entertaining.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:39 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Parakarry wrote:
So here's a random idea I had just the other day.

I'm watching a video about Paper Mario fangames, he showed some really good and really bad ones, and I watched a video where Parakarry's glitched into using different sprites because the game thinks he got switched to someone else and he moves like whoever you picked too, but it loads different sprites of him.
So I thought of the two, and thought, what if Parakarry had a fangame? There's a specific idea I have in mind.

It would be something pretty normal, something with him having to get letters of his that he dropped somewhere. You look for things and find things and deliver things. But maybe the scenario could be funny or offbeat. Something like as he's getting the letters, maybe some big Mario RPG type event is happening in the background, but he's oblivious to it. He seems like the oblivious sort of guy. Maybe you see Mario fighting this monster or something, there's some side story going on.

I could see this being a pretty good puzzle-platformer in the vein of Donkey Kong '94 or something.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:26 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I know this is a double post, but it's been a couple days since the last one and I think it's fair to bump the topic.

Anyway, this is a concept I am actually working on right now but I want to get some feedback on it.

So, it's a Mario-style deck-building game. (For those who don't know, deck-building games have players drafting cards from a central main deck into their own personal decks, working towards some goal like having the most points or something.) Unlike other deck-building games, though, you don't have a traditional deck - instead, you have all your cards active out in front of you at all times. After using a card, it goes through a cooldown period before you can use it again.

There's two big decks in this game - one that has all the cards players are drafting, and one with a bunch of Enemy Cards which the players are trying to defeat in order to get points.

Cards in this game can be activated for one of two things - either their Effect, which can attack enemies or do some other things, or their Coins, which you use to draft cards from the Draft Zone.

There's Jump and Hammer Cards, which are pretty self-explanatory - you can activate them to attack enemies. You can only use one type of Attack Effect each turn, you can't do Jump and Hammer at the same time, for example, but you can activate multiple of each one. Say, if you activate two Jumps and a Line Jump. The two Jumps have their Attack Values added together, and the Line Jump lets you target two enemies with your attack, not just one.

Item Cards do other things - decrease Cooldowns, add effects to attacks, that sort of thing. Item Cards don't have Coins attached to them, however, and you can only use one each turn. Then there's Badge Cards, which provide a permanent buff as long as they're in front of you - however, you can temporarily give up said buff for their Coins, which they tend to provide a lot of, but in return their cooldowns are generally longer.

Enemy Cards have health and point values - and you want the most points. Defeating enemies earns you those points. Some enemies have Enemy Effects which harm players - doing things like increasing cooldowns or being invulnerable to certain kinds of attack. There's also Boss Enemy Cards which stop more Enemies from being dealt out - and generally have strong Enemy Effects, but are also worth a lot of points.

There are six Main Character Cards to choose from - these basically provide a main buff and sort of direct your strategy a bit. They're all in my signature. Mario makes Hammer Cards refresh faster, Yoshi makes Jump Cards refresh faster, Toad provides more Coins with Badge Cards, Peach makes Item Cards refresh faster, Bowser makes Attacks stronger, and Luigi gets more Coins out of Attack Cards.

Anyway, that's the basic idea. What do you guys think? Here's a look at the cards I've got so far...

There's still a few edits I need to make, but this is the general idea.

EDIT: Made some changes to the cards:

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:28 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Looks cool! I've had a few thoughts about a Mario card game floating around my head for a while, so it'll be interesting to see how yours turns out.

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 am 
:D
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
E-Man wrote:
Paper Mario animation things

Intrerestingly, as I looked around online, I found custom Paper Mario models for an animation program called MMD. Based on the screenshots, I'm willing to give it a try myself!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic