Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:46 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
"Holy crap, this is excellent. I'd like to see a game where you collected 2D Worlx characters and played as them, kind of like a Lego game or Disney Infinity. This style just seems so fitting for that imo. "

I said this on the 2D Worlx submission for Wario, and Neweegee thought it'd be cool. Since I'm a novice at code, and this seems kind of complicated, it'd be cool if someone made this. I'd definitely do testing for it.

waa

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:39 pm 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I also sated my suggest on making it better FYI.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:31 pm 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Taken from my pm chat with mit:
CornFlakes wrote:
That brought me to my other idea:

A SMB1 styled game with 16 levels (4 per world) and 2 playable characters (Thunder Dragon who is the Mario of the game and Retriever II who is the Luigi of the game) on their quest to stop Softendo from doing things.

So a much smaller game with a much smaller team/levels/bosses.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
What I'd like to see is a game where you choose from a beefy cast of different Mario characters and use their various abilities to traverse levels and
bust up some epic bosses. Basically, a Mario-centric version of the Subspace Emissary from SSBB. Since everybody would want Bowser to be a playable
character, of course, the main villain might be one of the more obscure spinoff villains like Dimentio, Smithy or Antasma.

The reward for beating the game would be to get to run through it again with a "good" version of the final boss who's ridiculously powerful and
just bashes through everything.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:19 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
but each of those villains died. like, actually died

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:23 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:
but each of those villains died, like, actually died

Antasma: He's literally made out of nightmares and dark energy. He could probably
come back somehow. I mean, how many times has Bowser died, turned into a skeleton
and somehow miraculously recovered?

Smithy: Wasn't Smithy a robot? Whoever built him could just, you know, build another him.

Dimentio: Hmm...I dunno...not Dimentio then.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:04 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
soopakoopa wrote:

Antasma: He's literally made out of nightmares and dark energy. He could probably
come back somehow. I mean, how many times has Bowser died, turned into a skeleton
and somehow miraculously recovered?

Antasma isn't made of nightmares. He consumed a nightmare (or something) and turned into one. though it's been months since i've played dream team; my memory is hazy.
In NSMBDS, bowser jr is shown reviving dry bowser using some kind of potion. so, bowser jr is the most likely answer.

soopakoopa wrote:
Smithy: Wasn't Smithy a robot? Whoever built him could just, you know, build another him.

Actually, there ARE multiple Smithies. you bringing that up reminded me that the room you fight his final form is is literally a pit filled with smithy heads. so smithy coming back is justified.
(said background is to the right) http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/12812/

and dimentio, well, you know.

[aq]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:45 pm 
Obey.
[*]
[*]
I thought of this randomly when redirecting stuff with pipes:

Mayro Plumber: there are a grid of pipes you rotate so that water can flow from point A to B.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:49 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DarkBlueYoshi wrote:

Mayro Plumber: there are a grid of pipes you rotate so that water can flow from point A to B.

Like the minigame in Seven Sages?

User page at mfgg.net

[aq]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 pm 
Obey.
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
DarkBlueYoshi wrote:

Like the minigame in Seven Sages?

Maybe, but I haven't played that before. I just thought of it when coding with Linux, OpenGL, and OpenGX.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:38 pm 
:3c
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I wrote a quick Luigi's Mansion inspired story thing down. I'm not sure where it would really fit, but lol I guess.
Also -bump-

My signature is very empty now that I've removed the advertising. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:32 pm 
im literally soup
a paper mario game in which you are barack obama, the saviour of the galaxy

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:28 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Gumbo wrote:

Paper Mariobama?

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am 
im literally soup
soopakoopa wrote:
Gumbo wrote:

Paper Mariobama?

i love it. put it on a t-shirt.

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
There was this series I made, which is now scrapped but I thought I'd leave it here. :D

So it's a Super Mario game where they travel through worlds (like Kirby, Sonic, Yoshi, etc) and you could play as the hero's of those worlds. Each installment would have an large and complex story (something like the Subspace Emissary), and Bowser would always be the final boss. :whoops: I only did two different installments (in which both were scrapped), one was about a lost treasure, and the other one is about Bowser stealing Christmas decorations, presents, and food.

Please don't call this a rip-off of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, because I never knew anything about that game when I was creating this series.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm dropping this off because I currently lack the abilities to make this.

Mario Paint: The Canvas Realms
While viewing an art gallery, Mario encounters a dark figure, who attacks him with a strange paintbrush and traps Mario in a painting.
The dark figure identifies himself as "Black Canvas" and proceeds to then lock down the gallery, and trap everyone inside the various works of art.
Mario must now find a way out of the painting, rescue the others, take back the art gallery, and stop Black Canvas from completing his insane plans.

Game Mechanics:
Throughout the game, Mario gains abilities based on different types of paint, and brushes.
He must switch between these in order to clear each level, as well as to free those who are trapped.

Acrylic (more resistant to the effects of turpentine pools, generally slow, but with higher defense, hard hits will cause Mario to crumble to dust)
Oil (Turpentine pools = Instant death, faster, smoother, lower defense, however still more likely to survive a single hard hit)

Hard brush (Mario is more solid, and can break objects that were created using a particle brush, And can slide on surfaces made with a smeared brush.)
Particle brush (Mario is made up of a series of dots, he can interact with particle objects, and can pass through objects made with a spray brush)
Spay brush (Mario is made of a fine paint spray cloud, he can pass through objects made with the particle brush, and can interact with other spray brush items)
Smeared (Mario is made of a weird swirl of smeared paint, he can change shape to get under, and around objects made with the hard brush, and can cling to hard brush surfaces.)

Cast:
Mario: The hero

Luigi: Trapped in a painting which was then burned.

Toad: Common captured character.

Peach: Trapped in a disturbing painting in the basement

Daisy: Trapped in a photocopy.

Rosalina: Trapped in a painting on the ceiling

Bowser: Caught in the crossfire while trying to kidnap Peach, now trapped in a painting which was then splashed with turpentine.

Koopa Kids: Each has been placed into paintings, and have been painted over, you will have to find a way to use turpentine to get them out.

Black Canvas: The villain. Powerful, insane, and possessing a paintbrush with the power to paint reality, His motives are unknown, even to him, he acts as though something is controlling him.
(Real name: Light Palette. The caretaker)

Brush: The true villain. An evil living brush that was trapped underneath the art gallery for centuries, which was found by the caretaker. He wishes to use the galaxy for his canvas, to paint the picture of pain, destruction, and death, to be seen all across the universe for eternity, using live subjects.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:55 pm 
Average Nut
Hello again. I know that my mind had wandered to and fro but I have a concept that I would like to describe in this very question: "What if there was a Complete Game & Watch anthology that has every Game & Watch game, Including the Licensed ones like Disney, Popeye and Peanuts?" *Gasp!!!*

You might be wondering if I am crazy but no. No I am not crazy. If I am going to collect Game & Watch then I may as well make a complete anthology with the assets. And every version of every game will be in this. Although I know what to expect when it comes to making the Modern Modes of the games but in the classic modes there will be skins for some games like the games that are also from the Crystal Series, Panorama Series, Tabletop Series and even the Dolled up adaptions.

I will like to dub this project "Super Game & Watch Gallery: The Game & Watch Anthology."

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This is not so much an idea for a game as it is a plea for a little more variation. The main issue of variation I wanted to bring up was characters. Nintendo's been very dry when it comes to new characters -- I think the last true recurring one has been Rosalina, with an even longer drought before then. Since then, Nintendo typically reaches into baby versions of every character possible, and when that runs out, even metal (*cough* pink gold *cough*) versions for their party games. Maybe fangames can do a little better? Bring back some underused characters... or even create new recurring characters to be a staple of Mario fangaming?

Here are a couple examples I thought of... If there had to be a game I'm thinking of, it'd be Super Mario Crossover, where these characters bring completely unique platforming styles into the familiar Mario platforming that is the focus of what seems to be 95% of the fangames here.

Stanley

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows of Stanley, but for those who don't, he's the bug man from Donkey Kong 3. This guy gets no love, even though like Daisy, he can be brought back into the fold. Bringing him back from the dead, how would he play? With his repellent, he'd be kind of like a Link character, but attacking with melee attacks (insect repellent blasts). Badass. But to compensate, I suppose he can't kill enemies by jumping on them -- he'd either bounce on them or get injured (whichever works better). Powerups give him access to a larger variety of extermination tools.

Jorge the Shy Guy

This is an original character concept, because the Mario universe needs some more Shy Guys characters. The only recurring one is Sergeant Guy of the Elite Trio!

Name - Why Jorge? The Japanese name for Shy Guy is Heiho, which apparently is actually a twist of "hohei," walking soldier. Jorge sounds a lot like hohei/heiho and thus pays tribute to its Japanese name while also giving him a Mexican background at the same! (On a side note, if anyone wants to create a Boo character, Theresa is an awesome name. Just saying.)

Appearance - The above picture is just a Shy Guy, but Jorge by default doesn't wear a hat -- he does have his very own poncho though! His default robe color is teal (darker than Rosalina's dress). I picked a picture of a cowboy hat shy guy though because his powerups give him different hats, his most notable one being the cowboy hat.

Background - An adventurous young Mexican lad, Jorge stumbled upon a warp pipe bringing him to some deep caves in the Mushroom Kingdom. He stumbled upon a strange mask, which he couldn't help but put on -- the mask transformed him into a shy guy! Since no one cares about story in Mario games, he ends up helping Mario and friends, especially working as a treasure hunter.

Gameplay - Jorge would be a shooter -- in the vein of Samus, Mega Man, or Bass (whichever is most convenient). His default weapon is a slingshot. Powerups give him access to a wide variety of projectiles, including a more powerful handgun (cowboy hat, by super mushroom) or a bullet bill launcher. Fire flowers give him access to the flame gun, which is a charge shot. Other weapons include ones that let his projectiles pass through walls, etc. Of course he can also turn into a slingshot-shooting Fly Guy with the flying item (racoon leaf, feather, whatever). His jumps don't damage enemies because of how light he is as a Shy Guy. Instead he just bounces.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:08 pm 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
CouchTomato wrote:
This is not so much an idea for a game as it is a plea for a little more variation. The main issue of variation I wanted to bring up was characters. Nintendo's been very dry when it comes to new characters -- I think the last true recurring one has been Rosalina, with an even longer drought before then.

You're forgetting about Nabbit, not to mention non-recurring ones like Captain Toad, Pom Pom, Wingo, Draggadon, Plessie, the Sprixie Princesses, and 65% of the characters from the third and fourth Mario and Luigi games. Anyways, you bring up a good point.

On a similar note, I think the metal and baby characters actually have untapped potential. The only reason why they draw so much ire is because they show up in the Mario Kart games and "take away" playable character status from established characters who should've been there from the start. That's it.

Now, what better way to make a "useless" character less "useless" than giving them a significant role in a game, in turn, making them more enjoyable by association?

For the babies, I'm imagining a game blending the tried-and-true Mario formula with the Superstar Baby Mario segments from Yoshi's Island, resulting in a weird Sonic-style-but-not-really-Sonic-style Mario platformer. Each playable baby (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, and Rosalina has their own abilities, and can use them to solve puzzles and such. Hell, the story could even be tied into Yoshi's Island (maybe taking place directly after the DS game) and involve Baby Bowser and Kamek plotting to carry out some... evil plans (preferably, nothing related to time travel please for the love of all that is holy).

Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach have already been established as cocky rivals to their organic counterparts, so naturally, they'd probably fit in well as antagonists.
They seem most likely to fill the "evil robot counterpart" niche (i.e., Bowser's answer to Eggman's Metal Sonic).

Or better yet, a game in which Mario and Luigi explore an alternate dimension Mushroom Kingdom where everyone's made out of metal, and Pink Gold Peach is this crazy power-hungry wench of a dictator who plans to take over the normal world and sends Metal Mario to carry out her... evil plans. Also, there'd probably be dimension-hopping involved (see: A Link to the Past). Plus, it'd be the perfect chance to introduce other metal versions of your favorite Mario characters such as: the brave, cool, and collected Emerald Luigi; the wild and vicious Chrome Yoshi; the charitable and cleanliness-obsessed Bronze Wario; the stoic and introverted Topaz Daisy; the sensitive and effeminate Titanium Bowser; and the insecure Crystal Rosalina!

...Bottom line though, you can make any character more interesting if you do something creative with them.

Last edited by Mr. Yoshbert on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:14 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
There's a Silver Luigi, though that was just a powerup.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic