Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm 
So this isn't exactly a fan game but I feel like it's relevant anyway

Nintendo has **** all over Yoshi. Since Yoshi's Island, and mayyybe the one for the DS, they have not made a decent Yoshi game at all.

I want to develop a spiritual successor to Yoshi's Island.

It's a 2D platformer/adventure game about a blue dinosaur who I don't have a name for yet, and a psychic bird named Ash who have to work together to tackle the threat to the island they live on. In addition, the dinosaur is canonically dumb and uses Ash to talk for him. Throughout the game you encounter bosses that operate on magic and Ash can absorb this magic once you defeat them to get upgrades to her psychic powers.
I plan on calling the game something like The Island, or something else equally mysterious.

I don't have any graphics made yet(not that I could if I wanted to lol), but I do have a bit of an engine that uses Yoshi's island assets. All you can do is hover and jump and move. (Despite how simple that sounds, it's super optimized I think, and there's only one bug that I know of. Well one that comes from the base mechanics anyway.) and while Ash isn't in the game engine yet, she'll be the one making hovering possible.

Anyway, here's an example of the engine I've been working on. I'm not looking for feedback, I mean feel free to give it, but it's really supposed to be a proof of concept.
And, there is one bug, landing animations don't quite work correctly, and the takeoff for jumping probably takes too long.
I wrote that and then tested it on a bigger level that I threw in for this and... animation is entirely broken, probably because of all the optimization I've been doing. :P but don't worry, everything works mechanically just fine.

Attachments:
File comment: Controls:
Arrow keys for movement and space for jumping. Also works with Xbox 360/One controller. A to jump and right bumper increases the window size.

Press escape to exit the game.

Project Island First Version.zip [3.68 MiB]
Downloaded 114 times

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:41 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
This topic is for concepts you're not actually going to use. It might be a good idea to have somebody move your post to a new topic.

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Dropping this here in hopes of someone taking this project I maybe once perhaps had and running with it. Seriously, please, and go nuts! don't credit me either

Possible title:
Mario Minigame Party

Premise/description:
It's a little bit of a combination of the Mario Party and Mario & Luigi series. The idea is to take the overall style and feel of the Mario & Luigi games and apply it to new (or old) content of Mario Party. As in some fun Mario Party-like minigames, maybe even a party mode or an all-new mode, but with some cool M&L graphics and music. Or even another style! Multiplayer is a bonus.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:11 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
^Isn't that what Kritter's game did?

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:25 pm 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
I don't think so.

I'm saddened there are no Mario Party clones or even fangames. You'd think with the way the series is going that someone would step up and make a good MP-like again. Someone get on it.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I once toyed with the idea of making a MP fangame but I doubt many people would play a local multiplayer MP fangame and singleplayer MP is boring.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:43 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
^Isn't that what Kritter's game did?

Kind of, but not really. His was more focused on the individual Mario minigames, and less on the essence of Mario Party. There weren't boards or anything, and the campaign wasn't particularly Mario Party-esque.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 pm 
[*]
Erm... I actually need concepts for Hello Tux Engine, such as what should replace what. You can edit this page if you have any concepts you'd like to share. Thanks!
https://github.com/P-Star7/Hello-Tux-En ... estion-Box

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic