Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [ca]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I was thinking about a Mario Party game with one major feature:
Create your own minigames ala Warioware D.I.Y.

However, the minigames must be made in a sort of "Minigame Designer", and uploaded to the game. I know it sounds crazy, but it could work if someone were to play around with the codes.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:42 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I've had an idea, but it's more of an expansion of Chaoxy's idea:

Bowser, realizing Mario always wins using power-ups, start to steal all of them and give them to his troops. However, he starts abusing the power-ups so badly that lands start changing drastically! Lava and ice are covering the sky, the jungles is fusing with the desert, and Boo Woods is starting to cover Toad Town as some examples. As a result, Mario and Luigi must stop him! (Also, the Wario thing and other stuff from Chaoxy's post are still in).

---

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:16 pm 
[mscproductions]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
How about a Mario Pinball Game. In some stages, Mario can tilt the enviornment to move the ball around a level. Other stages would work like a normal pinball game, getting a set amount of points, defeating a boss. What do you think?

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:32 am 
Lord of the Pies
[*]
MFGG Smash Bros:

A 2D Super Smash Bros game using people from MFGG.

[jp]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Garmalak wrote:
MFGG Smash Bros:

That really wouldn't work since more than half the people on MFGG don't have charactors or known characters.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm 
Ready to roll!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It would've worked back in the old days of MFGG, though.

*Sigh* I miss those days...

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:16 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Garmalak wrote:
MFGG Smash Bros:

You have literally no idea how many times people tried to attempt this. Hell, someone actually attempted this (or at least began spriting a few people) very recently; it's not a new idea at all.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:21 pm 
dataSKY - we connect the world
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Shadow Kami wrote:
Garmalak wrote:
MFGG Smash Bros:

That really wouldn't work since more than half the people on MFGG don't have charactors or known characters.

Well except you know, the ones from the Taloncrossing era. Maybe even the other phpBB era as well. But not many of us are still around. I actually still have a character and so does Vitiman.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'd love to see a game like that, but you'd need someone like NO Body who can crank out many-framed animations at a rapid pace. And unfortunately, the newer generations of members tend to be less interested in forum characters and the events surrounding such characters.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
sadly this is true

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Although refs are getting more popular right now, but not as much as in the past.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Darkworld underground future: Toads Revenge!

Main Character: Toad

Many years after bowser has successfully taken over the mushroom kingdom, and mario and luigi were captured, and executed at the hands of the new dark emperor.
A small rebel resistance group still exists in new darkworld. a handfull of mushroom folk, who want nothing more than to overthrow bowser, and restore the mushroom kingdom to what it once was.

Toad, one of the royal family knights, trains and leads a rebel group, with their sights set of defeating bowser, once and for all.
They have acquired a weapon capable of eliminating his entire existence.
A large glowing green jewel, which, when under the right conditions, can create a massive wave of destruction.

While plotting their next plan of attack,
their stronghold is infiltrated by the koopas, all hell breaks loose,
The mushroom people use what their training has taught them, and fight till their last breath, But to no avail,
The koopas kill them all, 1 by 1, and take the jewel.

toad, now the soul survivor of the mushroom kingdom, vows to take down king bowser, or die trying,
he grabs his weapon, a spear, and embarks on his new journey,
the new weapon is now right were he wants it after all, he just needs to hope bowser doesn't figure out how to use it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
So, you're Mario, right? But no, you're really Luigi! So you're Luigi, or maybe you're Mario, I don't know, man. But this guy, he's got to find Peach, but she's in another castle, so you need to find the right one! So, you go through, and you see a jumping turtle, man! And the clouds and bushes, they have eyes, and they're so happy! So you keep walking, right? And you find a huge mushroom, man, it's as big as you are! But it looks like such a great mushroom, so you eat the whole thing, and now you're as tall as the trees, man!

So then, you come to this huge pipe, but you're so tall, you could leap over mountains! So you jump over it and you're in the clear, man! Then you break some bricks with your head, and you find this star thing, you know? So he eats the star, and it's like a disco, man! He lights up all these crazy colors and now he's like, invincible! So he just blazes through, man, and he's running like the wind! But then it wears out and the colors are gone. But then he finds this pretty flower, and he eats it, and now he makes fire with his hands, man!

So he gets to this castle, and there's fire everywhere, man! But he jumps through, and there's this turtle-dragon thing! So, he like, grabs the axe and cuts the rope, man, and the bridge falls down! And then he finds some mushroom dude, like, he has this giant mushroom head, man!

So after a bunch of these castles, you go to another castle, and here there's 2 dragon dudes! But he beats them anyway, and you find Peach, man! She comes out and then, like, all the mushroom dudes you found are floating above her head! And like, you win the game!

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
onpon4 wrote:
So, you're Mario, right? But no, you're really Luigi! So you're Luigi, or maybe you're Mario, I don't know, man. But this guy, he's got to find Peach, but she's in another castle, so you need to find the right one! So, you go through, and you see a jumping turtle, man! And the clouds and bushes, they have eyes, and they're so happy! So you keep walking, right? And you find a huge mushroom, man, it's as big as you are! But it looks like such a great mushroom, so you eat the whole thing, and now you're as tall as the trees, man!

So then, you come to this huge pipe, but you're so tall, you could leap over mountains! So you jump over it and you're in the clear, man! Then you break some bricks with your head, and you find this star thing, you know? So he eats the star, and it's like a disco, man! He lights up all these crazy colors and now he's like, invincible! So he just blazes through, man, and he's running like the wind! But then it wears out and the colors are gone. But then he finds this pretty flower, and he eats it, and now he makes fire with his hands, man!

So he gets to this castle, and there's fire everywhere, man! But he jumps through, and there's this turtle-dragon thing! So, he like, grabs the axe and cuts the rope, man, and the bridge falls down! And then he finds some mushroom dude, like, he has this giant mushroom head, man!

So after a bunch of these castles, you go to another castle, and here there's 2 dragon dudes! But he beats them anyway, and you find Peach, man! She comes out and then, like, all the mushroom dudes you found are floating above her head! And like, you win the game!

SMB1 (NES)/SMB2 (FDS) in a nutshell.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 am 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
onpon4 wrote:

SMB1 (NES)/SMB2 (FDS) in a nutshell.

Actually, only SMB2. Certain details exclude SMB1:
- The first enemy you encounter being a Paratroopa
- The clouds and bushes having eyes
- Two Bowsers at the end of the last castle
- The ending sequence

[zz]
 Post subject: MFGG
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 am 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Althrough I don't have the coding available to do this, I'll tell ya my idea anyways:

The city of MFGG is protected by the Patrol, a guard force led by DJ Yoshiman, a crippled Yoshi riding a pipe machine. He send his newest machine, Chaoxys, to protect Chester, a canidate from Central running against the corrupt System. However, it ends up going badly and before he knows it, Chaoxys finds himself in a spiral of secrets.

It would be a detective-like game, with fighting elements. It would involve moments were deciding between stealth and combat would be crucial.

---

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:32 am 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12380

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Are you trying to build a team or is this just a concept you wanted to share? If the latter, there's a thread for that and I can stick this in there if necessary. Edit: I merged the threads.

That idea is neat. It makes for an interesting mental picture of Yoshiman...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:18 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I've always felt that Nintendo has so many assets yet doesn't decide to capitalize on them (*cough*Waluigi*cough*), instead bringing out new iterations within the same series...

Super Wario Bros

Synopsis: A simple platformer to bring back the old Wario platforming days... preferably more like WL1 since that's easier to do and more platforming and less puzzle (like WL2+3). The game would feature Wario and maybe Waluigi, and unlike Midas Machine, would just feature them. The graphics don't have to be original either, they can fit the SMB3 and SMW styles that are so commonly used to generate fan games. The main idea though is just to actually crank out ONE complete decent Wario fan game, where you run through levels destroying stuff and collecting money. The Midas Machine has the complete fangame perfection and Mario + Wario crossover package, so I don't see the need for more games to go with the Mario + Wario (+Luigi+Waluigi) mechanic just yet. Just something, sweet, polished, and true to the Wario games.

Mechanics would feature the neglected Wario Land 1 powerups (all the hats), and maybe a little infusion from WL Virtual Boy with the Sea Dragon hat. Extra things that can spice up level variety (like Yoshi, the dolphins, and the crazy moving platforms and ropes/chainsaws in SMW) would add a lot. And of course, status-inducing enemies would be nice too. Waluigi would have different abilities.

Story-wise: Simple. 8 worlds or so leading up to a final battle with Captain Syrup. Just a simple tribute game.

Shy Guys Wars

Synopsis: I've always wanted Nintendo to try different things, like different genres. Maybe like some kind of wicked FPS. They already revolutionized the fighting genre with Smash Bros. Anyways, if they were to keep it within the Mario universe, there are options there. I particularly love the Shy Guys for their variety. One game I had in my head would be like a Mario version of Advance Wars, a turn-based strategy game where you pit armies of Shy Guys against each other. You can have everything from basic infantry, armor (like the tanks they had in Paper Mario), artillery, air force (Fly Guys, etc.), and even navy. It would have to feature General Guy and probably that Shy Guy from M&L: BIS (forgot his name... Private Guy or something?). Story can be about something like an upstart Shy Guy who starts winning a lot of battles, and then eventually even tries to take over the Koopas (though in the end, he just wins against a small castle rather than Bowser's real castle).

Mario Battlefield

Synopsis: Ever play Soldat? It's like a 2D version of Counter-Strike. You run your sprite around with WASD, choose a weapon at the start, and click on the screen to fire, but different guns have different physics (like pistol bullets fall faster due to having less power, and automatics have recoil). The levels were vast, and you could jetpack around and stuff while you tried to kill each other or do other modes like CTF. This game would be like a Mario version of that, where instead of choosing a weapon, you can choose your character... Fire Mario, Bowser (fireballs), Magikoopa, Shy Guy (slingshot), Hammer Bros (short ranged, but deadly... kinda like a shotgun), Yoshi, Birdo, Donkey Kong characters with their crazy guns, etc.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 am 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
CouchTomato wrote:
Mario Battlefield

Synopsis: Ever play Soldat? It's like a 2D version of Counter-Strike. You run your sprite around with WASD, choose a weapon at the start, and click on the screen to fire, but different guns have different physics (like pistol bullets fall faster due to having less power, and automatics have recoil). The levels were vast, and you could jetpack around and stuff while you tried to kill each other or do other modes like CTF. This game would be like a Mario version of that, where instead of choosing a weapon, you can choose your character... Fire Mario, Bowser (fireballs), Magikoopa, Shy Guy (slingshot), Hammer Bros (short ranged, but deadly... kinda like a shotgun), Yoshi, Birdo, Donkey Kong characters with their crazy guns, etc.

I've actually been thinking about this for several years. Let's try it.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic