Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:46 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Here's another, more developed one:

Super (Tiny) Dr. Mario

Story - One day, Luigi finds a mysterious invitation to a banquet in his honor. He attends the banquet, and next thing you know, he's knocking on his brother's door looking so sick that he's about to die. Mario does what he does best, and dons his Dr. Mario identity to treat his brother. As he looks in Luigi's mouth, he gets sucked in! Apparently, Luigi had been given some kind of vacuum shroom at the banquet... Dr. Mario is now shrunken to the size of a virus, and has to rescue his brother from within and find out that Luigi is much sicker than he could possibly imagine.

Controls and environment - Dr. Mario himself is very basic. He plays like SMB1 Mario, and his only main powerups are the mushroom to make him big, and the Megavitamin jar, which gives him the ability to shoot Megavitamins. Unlike SMB though, the game is very much like Super Mario Galaxy, but instead of planets, you have different cells and bacteria that Dr. Mario can jump on. On each cell, platforms are random (glyco)proteins and receptors on the cell surface. Within the cytoplasm of cells, it's more like swimming levels, but with more flexible controls.

Characters
Dr. Mario - main character
Luigi - the world
HELLO Virus - a mysterious virus that Mario meets early on. May also be the final boss. (Hint: Note that the short form of hello is "hi"...)

Enemies
Fever, Chill, and Weird - Enemy viruses that are common enemies (your red, blue, and yellow viruses). Other viruses such as green and purple viruses can show up too.
Bacteria - They're as big as planets, but they'll try to defend themselves with their organelles (such as Piranha Plant-like extensions)
White blood cells - They're as big as whole levels, and to them, Dr. Mario is just another invader. Better not get eaten!
Antibodies (Immunoglobins) - Y-shaped "airborne" enemies that are usually in the presence of WBCs. They will try to kill viruses too.

Worlds
World 1: The Stomach - Dr. Mario finds himself in the stomach. His first priority, while traversing Luigi's digested food cells is to get a mucous suit to protect himself from the stomach acids... As he reaches the end of the stomach, he finds the first boss: H. PYLORI (bacteria)

World 2: The Small Intestine - Now in a cooler environment. Dr. Mario makes his way from the digested food to the wall of the intestine to be absorbed. But as he's about to escape, he finds a gigantic monster boring its way into the intestine... As he approaches the monster (a worm), an amoeba gets in his way. Boss 2: AMOEBA

World 3: The Worm - After defeating the amoeba, Dr. Mario realizes he needs to stop the worm, so he gets eaten by it. He travels deep inside to kill the worm eggs and their machinery before they get a chance to spawn. Boss 3: WORM EGGS

World 4: The Portal - Dr. Mario finally makes it out of the worm, and gets absorbed through the small intestine. Riding along the red blood cells (lots of side-scrolling because he's now in the blood flow), he meets and fights the HELLO VIrus (Boss 4), only for it to escape in the end.

World 5: The Liver - This takes place in the liver cells, and Dr. Mario needs to avoid being detoxified here.

World 6: Macrophage - After escaping the liver, Dr. Mario reaches the bloodstream, but gets caught once again and is eaten by a macrophage. How will he avoid getting completely digested?

World 7: T-cell (surface and cytoplasm) - Dr. Mario hasn't been lucky, because as soon as he escapes, he finds himself stuck on a T-cell floating in the bloodstream. However, this T-cell is really sick; it can't even defend itself. And if it can't defend itself, how can it defend Luigi?

World 8: T-cell nucleus - Dr. Mario reaches the nucleus of the T-cell, and finds it to be a growing factory for the HELLO virus and gets ready for the final battle.

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
A 2D platform multiplayer shooter starring MFGGer's and each character would have special abilities and special weapons that are unique to the character.
(It must have the ability to use online matches using IP, and maybe a random matchmaking if it gets far enough.)

If any of you guys want, you can take a crack at it while I'm busy with other projects.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Super Waluigi World

Wikipedia's entry on Waluigi wrote:
When discussing Waluigi, Martinet stated that he would love to see a video game featuring Waluigi as its lead character, suggesting that the objective would be having to have Waluigi "cheat to win".[17] The response to the suggestion has been mostly negative. MTV Multiplayer editor Jason Cipriano described the idea as a long shot, and while a Mario character receiving a spin-off is not unprecedented, citing the video game Super Princess Peach, he states that Bowser deserves one before Waluigi.[18] Kotaku editor Mike Fahey described Waluigi as a character who he completely forgets about until he appears in a story like this. He adds that if Waluigi died, no one would likely notice.[1] Game Informer editor Dan Ryckert jokingly described Waluigi as Nintendo's "best and most beloved" character and that such a game has become a hotly anticipated idea.[19] In response to the article, they would also make an article titled "Characters Who Don't Deserve Their Own Games", stating that many Game Informer users voiced their disapproval, as well as stating that the characters on the list were undoubtedly worse choices than Waluigi.[20] Before this comment, a demo for a fan-made video game was created titled Psycho Waluigi. It was covered and made available by GameSpot.[21]

Story: Wario and Waluigi are off hunting for treasure: this time they hear about a mystical "Game Genie," that allows one to distort the very dimensions of game and time. After fighting their way through some ancient tombs, they finally find it, but Waluigi snatches the Game Genie before Wario has a chance. A genie pops out of the DS-looking device, and offers to grant Waluigi one wish. Waluigi says, "Screw Mario, Luigi, and even Wario! I want my OWN game, and I want to own it! I want to beat Luigi and even MARIO at their own game! WAaa!" With that, he's sucked into the game, a twisted version of Super Mario Bros 3 (because it's a classic).

Premise: If anyone is familiar with Deadpool, Waluigi will take cues from him, breaking the fourth wall; i.e. he will do things and interact with the player knowing that he is in a game. On top of that, he'll cheat (as everyone's favorite Mr. Martinet desired)... more on that in a sec. In the game, his controls are rather poopy. They're an exaggerated version of Luigi's. Slippier, higher jump, but in general poor control. This makes what was normally a relatively game much harder. However, he makes up for it by cheating. While he is limited to SMB3 game constraints, he has access to a SMW-style item switch. Any time, he can pause the game, and pay a certain number of coins to the Game Genie to craft up a cheating a device. This is where the game creator can be clever, but the items can vary from things such as...

A power-up - very rare, but much more common if you're small. Note that Waluigi's only power up in game is the Fire Flower. He'll need to cheat to get better suits or move around.
A supply of Bob-ombs that don't hurt you (why? because you're cheating)
A stopwatch - like from SMB2
A pow-block
The ability to swim in air - fixed duration
The ability to use save-states - fixed duration
Starman - Enemies will explode into fireworks when touched
A hammer that can break through any walls
Call in a flood of Waluigis to wipe away an area
And more...

The more coins you pay, the better the item you get. There are certain groups of items for different ranges of coins. For example, 0-5 coins gives you an item from a limited list. Coins will be relatively more plentiful throughout the game. You can also pause at any time to access minigames to gamble your coins on.

The game will also be harder, sometimes resembling a bizarre, hacked game. Use items like the hammer, air swim, and other abilities to find secret passageways that didn't exist in the real game. If you're really good, you can find the hidden World 9, which Mario has never been able to reach! Wahahaha! The final boss there would be a sequence of battles against Mario, Luigi, and even Wario. Feel free to cheat against them too.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mario chess party:

this is a game that is somwere in between mario party and chess,

This game consists of several mario themed chess boards,

you have a set of characters for each position
pawn, rook, knight, ect.

bound by the standard rules of chess, with the exception of when you try to take a piece, it starts the roulete wheel to pick a minigame,
what is available to play depends on who is attacking, and who is being attacked
1 vs 3
2 vs 2
3 vs 1
4 vs king

When the minigame is over, the winner will take the square,
or, if the attacking piece lost the minigame, it spins a wheel to decide what happens:
ONE Rematch, if lost again, the attacking piece is taken,
Nothing,
or the looser takes the square anyway.

depending on the minigame, the winner, or all players may receive coins,
which can be used for stuff on the board,
traps, which may steal coins, stars, or may remove a piece, and trigger board theme specific effects.

If the king is taken, the side that took it receives a star, and the pieces reset.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
My independent post extended here:

Mario's recalling the dream of when he went to Subcon, and falls asleep thinking about that. He starts to dream about it, and is immersed into the dreamscape. While the Subcon fairies greet Mario, Wart jumps out of hiding, long waiting his return. he kidnaps Mario, and goes back to his ruined sky castle. He tosses Mario into the 'Meganightmare Machine' and creates a a Mario robot, similar to Robirdo. And Mario is the living battery! The Subcon fairies then call for Luigi's help, and he's immersed as well. He then goes on an adventure to save Mario, overcome his fears, and gain more confidence.

Unlike SMB2, there are powerups

Here they are!

first off, the 'dream' category. These are more rare, and are only found in certain areas.

Dream Flower - Press the action key to summon an ally that looks like an enemy, depending on area

Dream Yoshi - Ohooho, Yoshi! This is actually his only appearance that isn't a hidden easter egg. Long tounge, higher jumps, powers if he eats certain enemies, FLUTTER JUMP (maybe) and, well. You get to keep him until you lose him. If he gets hurt, he poofs.

Dream mushroom - Mega mushroom equivalent.

Now the standard category.

Mushroom

Fire Flower

Carrot (obscure, I know.)

Here's a custom, as well as a nod to one of my fav spriters: Copper Mario.

He has higher blast resistance, is slow, unlike Metal MArio which is same. Can't swim - sinks. Isn't affected by spikes.

That's 'bout it.

UPDATE: TO ensure Wart's victory, he's discarded all the veggies in Subcon. It's later revealed he hates spicy/fiery foods. *hinthint fireflower hinthint*

Last edited by Kirby's Adventure on Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:30 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:

Mario's recalling the dream of when he went to Subcon, and falls asleep thinking about that. He starts to dream about Subcon, and is immersed into the dreamscape. While the Subcon fairies greet Mario, Wart jumps out of hiding, long waiting his return. he kidnaps Mario, and goes back to his ruined sky castle. He tosses Mario into the 'Meganightmare Machine' and creates a a Mario robot, similar to Robirdo. And Mario is the living battery! The Subcon fairies then call for Luigi's help, and he's immersed as well. He then goes on an adventure to save Mario, overcome his fears, and gain more confidence.

Here they are!

first off, the 'dream' category. These are more rare, and are only found in certain areas.

Dream Flower - Press the action key to summon an ally that looks like an enemy, depending on area

Dream Yoshi - Ohooho, Yoshi! This is actually his only appearance that isn't a hidden easter egg. Long tounge, higher jumps, powers if he eats certain enemies, FLUTTER JUMP (maybe) and, well. You get to keep him until you lose him. If he gets hurt, he poofs.

Mushroom

Fire Flower

He has higher blast resistance, is slow, unlike Metal MArio which is same. Can't swim - sinks. Isn't affected by spikes.

That's 'bout it.

Sounds like an interesting concept,

Did you know the Carrot was actually used on one occasion in the Mario series, in SML2 to be exact.
It gave mario bunny ears, which allowed him to slow his decent.

Anyway, as i noted before, this sounds like an interesting concept,
And could turn in to something great with the proper application.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
LuigiM9 wrote:

Mario's recalling the dream of when he went to Subcon, and falls asleep thinking about that. He starts to dream about Subcon, and is immersed into the dreamscape. While the Subcon fairies greet Mario, Wart jumps out of hiding, long waiting his return. he kidnaps Mario, and goes back to his ruined sky castle. He tosses Mario into the 'Meganightmare Machine' and creates a a Mario robot, similar to Robirdo. And Mario is the living battery! The Subcon fairies then call for Luigi's help, and he's immersed as well. He then goes on an adventure to save Mario, overcome his fears, and gain more confidence.

Here they are!

Mushroom

Fire Flower

That's 'bout it.

Sounds like an interesting concept,

Did you know the Carrot was actually used on one occasion in the Mario series, in SML2 to be exact.
It gave mario bunny ears, which allowed him to slow his decent.

Anyway, as i noted before, this sounds like an interesting concept,
And could turn in to something great with the proper application.

Nite: I know that the Carrot is a powerup. I know it was in SML2. But it was only used one time, thus I noted it's obscurity.

Edit: You could actually 'bunnyhop' (jump continually.)

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:

Nite: I know that the Carrot is a powerup. I know it was in SML2. But it was only used one time, thus I noted it's obscurity.

Edit: You could actually 'bunnyhop' (jump continually.)

It also allowed free flight in the boss area in the space zone.
Obscure, yes, but certainly not out of place. ;)

Im sorry if i was sounding harsh, i certainly did not mean to be.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:55 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Notice: Concept has been claimed.

Spoiler:

-----Edit-----
Claimed by dazzle

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:48 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
TBH, I would've liked to work on something like that(If I wasn't busy and didn't have a few projects I'm currently working on.)

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Luigi: <Insert cool name here>
Basically, Luigi would have a meter that could build up his power, which can be used to either to a bit more damage, or unleash a massive attack that wipes out all minor enemies.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm 
Metal Mario's Rejected Brother
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mario 'Stache Racing - 'nuff said

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:29 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
CopperMario wrote:
Mario 'Stache Racing - 'nuff said

BRB, going to make a HTML5 minigame of this.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 pm 
Is there a doctor in the house?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I had an idea to make a game where one person controls Mario with the keyboard and another can take control of the mouse to put enemies on the stage. The mouse person goes first and places enemies and traps, and then Mario gets to play through the level.

I never really started it though.

That moment when it hits you...

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:24 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
A high res game in which it's a crossover between Mario2Usa and God of war with moder 2D game standards. If someones does this, you deserve a badge for it.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:36 pm 
Metal Mario's Rejected Brother
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Has anyone made a Mario platformer with Yoshi like SMW, NSMBW, NSMBU except that Yoshi's colour and abilities change depending on what power-up Mario has as he rides him?

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:30 pm 
Dart. Still a basic FC. For now.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
A Dr.Mario game where you can use Magic capsules to trap power ups and small enemies in. You can combine power with power ups to make new, or enemies with enemies to make new, or Enemies with power ups to make new powered enemies to help you.
I don't know what kind of game would be that, an rpg, action rpg maybe or platform, but I had this concept in mind for a long time. The main theme would be mixing, combining things. I'll work on a story concept and gameply too.
The enemies/power-ups you've captured/collected will be usable, maybe playable in the eney caase, it's really a base concept for now.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I've been thinking a lot about Bowser's Last Stand 2 lately. I've come to the point where I've figured out exactly how it's going to begin, and I think it's a great opening. Without spoiling anything, Bowser decides to kidnap Princess Peach. A Koopa Troopa stops him to give a tutorial on his moves; Bowser is at first resistant, but begrudgingly accepts. During the tutorial, Bowser comically acts like he is unfamiliar with his own moveset and dismisses some of his moves as "lame". Once the tutorial is over, Bowser goes to Peach's castle to kidnap her, and the story advances from there.

I've had several other miscellaneous random ideas:
- Bowser will shrink when he gets down to one heart and can become Dry Bowser with a powerup, probably the fire flower.
- I can do the view-shaking effect better by changing the port of the view rather than the location of the view in the room. (It's easier because it allows the engine to take charge of keeping the view in the room, and necessary because the Stellar Game Engine doesn't have an option to turn this feature off.)
- If Bowser could do the Whirling Fortress in the air, that would allow me to make boss battles more intense without being unfair to the player.

I swear I had another, really interesting idea yesterday about Bowser's moveset, but I can't remember... arrgh!

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:42 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The origins of Boo Diddly!

Type: Ghost house simulation

This game starts off in a mansion, real fancy place.
You play as the owner of the mansion: Boo Diddly, a very rich and powerful individual, and ally to the Koopa clan.
Boo Diddly is a prankster, He loves to scare people! And likes to think himself the life of the party on Halloween.
Be it with jumping out of nowhere and shouting, scary masks, unusual noises, anything, as long as it gets a reaction.
He is a master of his trade, and is commonly known as King Boo!
He is currently the last of his kind, and suffers from a terminal illness that threatens to end him, He has been given 7 months left to live.

In the game, you try to rig up a haunted mansion, to scare the living Sh*t out of your guests.
You are given a set amount of Coins in the first area to start rigging traps, depending on game difficulty, and a time limit to rig up the mansion.
Once done, you let the guests in, depending on how well you scare them, they will drop coins, the more scared. The more coins.
Using a gimmick too much will cause the guests to catch on to what is happening.
Once you complete one haunted house, you are given another to work on, the coins dropped in the previous are added to the budget for the next.

Your goal is to make your name known, Take your place as the one true King Boo!

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:59 pm 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Here's an idea I've had for a while.

Super Mario Country, a.k.a. Super Mario Land 4
Story
Far away from the Mushroom Kingdom lies the Nature Kingdom, a peaceful land ruled by a council of seven monarchs. The land is inhabited by many kinds of woodland creatures. An artifact called the Earth Stone is buried deep beneath the kingdom, and is rumored to have tremendous amounts of power. Foreman Spike (you know, from Wrecking Crew?), wants to destroy the place so he can find the Earth Stone and sell it for lots of money, jeopardizing the habitats of the creatures that live there. Wario and Waluigi get involved in this as well, pretty much because they heard "magical treasure worth lots of money" (and what's a Super Mario Land 2-type game without Wario?). They barge into Foreman Spike's affairs and demand that they join in and get a cut in the profits.

Mario and Luigi catch wind of this and... Well, you know.

The Nature Kingdom is very large, full of forests, rivers, caves, and many other types of terrain to suit the animals living there. Each area, or "zone", is led by a ruler corrupted by Foreman Spike's mysterious magic. After Mario/Luigi defeats one of the bosses, the ruler comes to his/her senses and becomes an ally.

• Forest Zone (grassland/forest) - King Kitsoone
  • River Zone (water/springs) - Prince Froggy III
  • Cave Zone (underground) - Emperor Morty Mole
  • Leaf Zone (forest/wind) - Princess Sooki Tanooki
  • Flower Zone (flower garden/cave) - Rex Rabbit
  • Sky Tree Zone (sky/forest) - Captain Winnie Waddlewing
  • Iceberg Zone (snowland) - Old King Cooligan

The final world takes place in Foreman Spike's base of operations, Construction Zone (factory/castle). After defeating a trio of bosses (Waluigi in the Gold Mantis, Wario in a bulldozer, and Spike in his giant crane machine), it's revealed that Rudy the Clown is actually pulling all the strings. He was using Foreman Spike as a proxy minion to dig up the Nature Stone for him, and was responsible for brainwashing the kingdom leaders. At that point, Wario and Waluigi bail out and begrudgingly join forces with Mario and co. to take Rudy and Spike down and save Nature Kingdom.

Gameplay
Core mechanics are the usual 2D Mario fare, albeit with a health system similar to that of Super Mario Galaxy's (although you become small if you have one hit left). Spin jump included. Mario and Luigi play differently, as expected.

Power-ups will only consist of ones based on woodland creatures. Familiar forms such as Raccoon Mario, Tanooki Mario, Bunny Mario, Flying Squirrel Mario, and the like take center stage; as well as new ones including Mole (allows you to dig through the ground), Fox (allows you to do long jumps and spin your tail twice in a row), and Kitsoone (same as the last, but also lets you create transparent clones of yourself to fool enemies; similar to how Tanooki is an upgrade of Raccoon). Yoshi and the Baby Yoshis come along for the ride, too; with flutter jump intact for the former, and abilities other than devouring enemies (think NSMBU) for the latter. Different Yoshi/Baby Yoshi colors signify different abilities as well, and they can come anywhere with you. Baby Yoshis won't be able to turn into adults, though.

Progressing through levels has much more focus on exploration like in Yoshi's Island, so there's no timer. Collectibles like Star Coins, Red Coins, and Green Coins are scattered throughout each location, so hunting down every nook and cranny is essential for 100% completion!

The world map will take multiple cues from SMW and NSMBU, which means tons of secret exits. You get both an SMB3 inventory and a reserve item slot from SMW, and there'll be shops where you can buy items to fill them up. Did I mention that coins won't give you extra lives? Oh, and there'd be times when Nabbit appears on the map to steal from said shops. Beating him to the end of a stage gives you some free items.

Characters
Let me get this out of the way: this game's following Super Mario Land character rules. Aside from the Mario Bros., the Yoshis, Baby Yoshis, and Nabbit, no major character from the main line of Mario platformers is making an appearance; no Peach, no Toad, no Bowser, no Kamek, no Koopalings, no mercy nobody else.

Most enemies in this game will strictly be nature and animal/insect themed: Monty Moles, Cooligans, Frog Pirates, Waddlewings, Lil' Mousers, Stingbys, Biddybuds, Goonies, the Ants from Super Mario Land 2, and the like. Of course, the regular baddies you all know and love such as Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Piranha Plants, and (everybody's favorite) Firebars, will be here to try to stop Mario as well; basically, enemies only featured in SMB1 (and possibly others like Thwomps). Oh, and because Foreman Spike has a big role here, Eggplant Man and Gotcha Wrench need to be in this, too. Everyone else is completely new, fox enemies, owl enemies, enemies with raccoon tails, and the like. Of course, friendly NPCs are here to help you out, such as the goggle-wearing dolphins and manta rays.

...and that's all I have to say about this concept.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic