Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Yoshbert wrote:
CouchTomato wrote:
You're forgetting about Nabbit, not to mention non-recurring ones like Captain Toad, Pom Pom, Wingo, Draggadon, Plessie, the Sprixie Princesses, and 65% of the characters from the third and fourth Mario and Luigi games.

Captain Toad and Pom Pom have both been in several games already (well, Pom Pom's only been in two), and I have a feeling they'll be in many future ones to come.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:03 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yoshbert wrote:
For the babies, I'm imagining a game blending the tried-and-true Mario formula with the Superstar Baby Mario segments from Yoshi's Island, resulting in a weird Sonic-style-but-not-really-Sonic-style Mario platformer. Each playable baby (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, and Rosalina has their own abilities, and can use them to solve puzzles and such. Hell, the story could even be tied into Yoshi's Island (maybe taking place directly after the DS game) and involve Baby Bowser and Kamek plotting to carry out some... evil plans (preferably, nothing related to time travel please for the love of all that is holy).

It doesn't sound too bad, but I'm disappointed that Waluigi is not playable...AGAIN!!!

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:11 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Title: Captain Falcon's Pwn-some Swagilicous Adventures

Characters: Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Black Shadow, Waluigi

Plot: Captain Falcon opens a new Amusement Park which is powered by pure swag. It's full of dangerous and life-risking rides for high prices. Once opened, intruders use a device that sucks the swag out of things making the Amusement Park safer and pretty much suck.
With the swag sucked from the world, Falcon also loses his Falcon Kick, Falcon Dive, Raptor Boost, Falcon Punch, and his final smash thing! DOH! So CF sets out with nothing but his manly fists and feet to destroy the storage machines containing the swag that was sucked out to regain his abilities and faces off the evil clone, Ganondorf who has teamed up with Black Shadow and Waluigi!

(If you can't tell it's a joke game.)

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:42 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Yoshbert wrote:
CouchTomato wrote:
This is not so much an idea for a game as it is a plea for a little more variation. The main issue of variation I wanted to bring up was characters. Nintendo's been very dry when it comes to new characters -- I think the last true recurring one has been Rosalina, with an even longer drought before then.

You're forgetting about Nabbit, not to mention non-recurring ones like Captain Toad, Pom Pom, Wingo, Draggadon, Plessie, the Sprixie Princesses, and 65% of the characters from the third and fourth Mario and Luigi games. Anyways, you bring up a good point.

On a similar note, I think the metal and baby characters actually have untapped potential. The only reason why they draw so much ire is because they show up in the Mario Kart games and "take away" playable character status from established characters who should've been there from the start. That's it.

Now, what better way to make a "useless" character less "useless" than giving them a significant role in a game, in turn, making them more enjoyable by association?

For the babies, I'm imagining a game blending the tried-and-true Mario formula with the Superstar Baby Mario segments from Yoshi's Island, resulting in a weird Sonic-style-but-not-really-Sonic-style Mario platformer. Each playable baby (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, and Rosalina has their own abilities, and can use them to solve puzzles and such. Hell, the story could even be tied into Yoshi's Island (maybe taking place directly after the DS game) and involve Baby Bowser and Kamek plotting to carry out some... evil plans (preferably, nothing related to time travel please for the love of all that is holy).

Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach have already been established as cocky rivals to their organic counterparts, so naturally, they'd probably fit in well as antagonists.
They seem most likely to fill the "evil robot counterpart" niche (i.e., Bowser's answer to Eggman's Metal Sonic).

Or better yet, a game in which Mario and Luigi explore an alternate dimension Mushroom Kingdom where everyone's made out of metal, and Pink Gold Peach is this crazy power-hungry wench of a dictator who plans to take over the normal world and sends Metal Mario to carry out her... evil plans. Also, there'd probably be dimension-hopping involved (see: A Link to the Past). Plus, it'd be the perfect chance to introduce other metal versions of your favorite Mario characters such as: the brave, cool, and collected Emerald Luigi; the wild and vicious Chrome Yoshi; the charitable and cleanliness-obsessed Bronze Wario; the stoic and introverted Topaz Daisy; the sensitive and effeminate Titanium Bowser; and the insecure Crystal Rosalina!

...Bottom line though, you can make any character more interesting if you do something creative with them.

Oh yeah, Captain Toad. I'd count him as recurring at this point -- the man's got his own game. From what I understand though, he's the original Toad, but props to him to evolving into something more than just a generic species character. Pom Pom is whatever -- she's a miniboss like Boom Boom and like her male countepart, will never really reach out of that role (nor are they interesting enough to).

I don't think the metal chracters even got much backstory aside from a small blurb or two, which is where the "cocky rivals" come from... They're strictly party game "characters" (then again, so is Waluigi), and are anything but creative as far as character design is concerned. At least Metal Sonic looked cool and different. But yeah, even including them in a game as antagonists would at least bring them from abysmal characters to just bad. By the way, emerald, topaz, and crystal aren't metals. ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 am 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Aw jeez, I've got another concept: a Yoshi's Island-esque game in which a Baby Yoshi is riding on your back, instead of Baby Mario (or Peach, or DK, or whatever).

If you've ever played New Super Mario Bros. U, you should know where I'm going with this. Like the grown-up Yoshis, the babies come in a vast assortment of colors. Each colored Baby Yoshi has their own special ability (e.g., Red Baby Yoshi spits fire, Magenta Baby Yoshi inflates like a balloon, Blue Baby Yoshi spits bubbles, etc), which can be used at your advantage to clear obstacles, defeat enemies, and whatnot.

Yoshi functions the same as he always does; he's still the same flutter-jumping, ground-pounding, enemy-swallowing, watermelon-seed-shooting, egg-throwing powerhouse as we've known him. This time, however, the main man himself also brings something new to the table: as a callback to Super Mario World, the adult Yoshis also sport different abilities depending on their color.

Similar to Story and Woolly World, the adult Yoshi has a health meter, and unlike YI, YIDS, and New Island, getting hit doesn't knock the baby off of his back! The combination of this change and the new mechanics detailed earlier bring a major change to the classic formula; instead of scrambling in a panic over protecting a defenseless baby, you and the baby become a nigh-unstoppable tag-team duo!

As for the story, It'd be preferable to have it fully set in the modern-day Mario universe (i.e., no babies, no time travelling hijinks). Have Bowser Jr. scheme to turn Yoshi's Island into his own personal theme park or something and show him barking orders at Kamek (not to mention chewing him out for screwing up for the umpteenth time).

Throw in some funny lines in there. "You know, Master Junior... You remind me a lot of your father when he was your age!" That'd give a little chuckle. Leave grown-up Bowser, Mario, et al out of this- this is a Yoshi and Kamek grudge match. I dunno.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:50 pm 
128-bits FTW!
WarioWorld 2? Even a 2-D version of WarioWorld or a 2-D game based off of WarioWorld would be good. It was a very weird and unknown game. Maybe Waluigi or some new enemies or a new jewel could be in the game. Maybe Wario's Castle from the opening cutscene of the game could be used. Not much is known about the castle or what is outside it.

Nintendo GameCube + Wii fan! While I believe in the PC Master Race, I like console games and I like the idea of console modding and ROM hacking console games, (legally, of course!) putting them on the cartridge/disc and playing. The first video game I ever played was Super Mario Sunshine, and ever since then, I loved Nintendo games.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:57 am 
[*]
A little off-topic, but this seemed the best place to ask.

I'm conceptualizing a fan character but I don't know what a good species for this character would be. The basic idea is that the character has a low jump height, but can move up walls and climb along ceilings easily. I know that Fuzzies, Spike Tops and Hotheads can do that, but I don't think I could make a very interesting character out of those species.

Are there any other species in the Mario series that climb walls?

EDIT:

Hmm...maybe a Raven or Little Mouser?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:17 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Unless you really want it to be an existing Mario character, you could create your own species.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:08 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
A gecko?

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:51 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The ants can do that, but I don't know if that would fit the rest of the characteristics.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 pm 
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
Unless you really want it to be an existing Mario character, you could create your own species.
SuperArthurBros wrote:
A gecko?
Mwahaha, I've got some ideas now. Thanks for the suggestions. ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:36 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
A Super Princess Peach game.

waa

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:45 pm 
[*]

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:46 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Sr.Wario wrote:
A Super Princess Peach game.

Is that a response to Dragon, or your concept?

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:07 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
A game stars a walrus. The main villain is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaluigi.

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:08 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Waluigi cannot be the villain, unless he wins in the game.

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:27 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Xandalf wrote:
Waluigi cannot be the villain, unless he wins in the game.

True.
So true...

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:07 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Now if Wawaluigi were the villain, that would be a different case entirely...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:31 pm 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I had this idea for an 8-Bit MFGG Smash Bros Styled Fighting Game Where Mfgger's Fight Each Other. Each Mfgg Member would have their avatar turned into a player and would have their fangame be a stage.

Waluigi would be Master Hand Because I Said So

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:41 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I would like to remind you all that this thread is a drop-off point for concepts.
If you have an idea you want to use, and would like to collaborate, you should create a thread for it.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic