Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Concept corner., Got any random fangame thoughts?
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Concept corner.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:42 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
iirc waluigi was the villain in mario ddr

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:

He started the game, but lost the role of main villain to Bowser after the first world. Kind of a shame.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:33 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
LuigiM9 wrote:

He started the game, but lost the role of main villain to Bowser after the first world. Kind of a shame.

Pretty much,

I almost think that Waluigi could play the evil selfish hero.
Ends up doing the right thing, but only because he has something to gain in the process.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:42 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

LuigiM9 wrote:

Yeah, but that's not a standard Mario platformer, nor is it canon ;)

Nite Shadow wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
LuigiM9 wrote:

Pretty much,

I almost think that Waluigi could play the evil selfish hero.
Ends up doing the right thing, but only because he has something to gain in the process.

So what would the whole premise be then?

For example...

A Mario platforming game where you play as Mario and Luigi, but then run into Captain Syrup, who finds a machine that turns all the mushrooms into gold. You also play as Wario and Waluigi later, who are just in the area for greed, but come across Bowser. Eventually their paths combine as they team up to fight the duo of Bowser and Captain Syrup. Wario and Waluigi even show up as bosses for Mario and Luigi once (maybe?). Each character has their own ability.

Okay, so I just summarized Midas Machine. But that's basically the gist of what I was going for. And even though Midas Machine is great, it doesn't really quite "introduce" Waluigi. It just kinda takes him for granted and throws him right in as Wario's partner. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but it still doesn't give Waluigi a "backstory" (which in Mario games, are often very very simplistic).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've heard that Charles Martinet has shown interest in a Waluigi game where you could 'cheat to win'

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:57 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:
I've heard that Charles Martinet has shown interest in a Waluigi game where you could 'cheat to win'

Hey, that could actually turn out to be a pretty interesting game. I'm thinking a kind of Mario + Metal Gear + Assassin's Creed
where you could sneak around, pick people's pockets for various items, and listen in on secret conversations which would give
information necessary to proceed.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:35 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
You could use a GameShark to lower impassable pipes or build bridges

And even use it on bosses!

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Ooh, I remember that comment by Charles Martinet. So let me build that up into a full concept that will not only serve as an actual game that introduces Waluigi, but also revisits other characters...

Super Mario Land 4: Waluigi Land

Introduction: Princess Daisy of Sarasaland is seen pacing around her castle, apparently bored ever since Mario defeated Tatanga awhile ago. Suddenly, she gets a bright idea. She proposes a challenge where she scatters four "treasures" throughout the four kingdoms of Sarasaland. Whoever can discover the most treasures and return them to her will receive a special prize.

Mario and Luigi find out at the same time with Peach at her castle, but while Mario is moderately interested, Luigi is more than interested to pay Sarasaland a visit, since he's never been there before. He quickly dashes off and hops into a warp pipe (labeled to Sarasaland), and Mario and Peach shrug it off. Moments later, a bunch of Toads come in bringing in an old treasure chest (bearing a mischievous face on it) found in an archealogical dig. When they open it, they find a wrench inside. Mario tries it on a nearby warp pipe, and it starts spitting out coins. That's when Waluigi, who has been secretly following the Toads, runs in and snatches the wrench from Mario (and promptly kicks him away). Before anyone can catch him, he whacks the pipe with the wrench, and a fireball-spitting piranha plant emerges. Doing his signature Waluigi laugh, he jumps into the Sarasaland pipe to escape while Mario deals with the piranha plant.

In Sarasaland, Waluigi stumbles upon a flyer on the ground, with the message showing Daisy's challenge. He runs off to use his newfound wrench to accept the challenge and get the secret prize to himself while he's here!

Gameplay: Waluigi Land is a simple platformer with five worlds. In this game, the special "gimmick" is Waluigi's new Cheater Wrench. He can use the wrench throughout the game to attack and kill enemies, or to cause various changes to the world. He can interact with a variety of objects to change the way they work (from pipes, to blocks). Some create paths, or produce an obscene amount of coins, or create warp pipes from nowhere. He can also cheat and turn really strong enemies (there will be plenty) into wimps.

When pausing the game, he can even use the wrench as a cursor to modify the score and coins to whatever he wants, as well as his lives. However, the more changes he makes to his lives (and coins), the more he makes the next level harder (more enemies spawn, followed by harder versions of enemies, followed by enemies taking more hits to kill).

Alternatively, using the wrench may cost a certain coin cost (consequently, you can't use the wrench to change your coin count), which would give more gameplay value to obtaining coins. Extra lives can be gotten by cheating or finding rare 1 ups.

Gameplay-wise, Waluigi can run, jump, and attack (three buttons). Unlike Luigi, Waluigi has incredibly good traction, even better than Mario due to his lanky legs. However, because he's so lanky and thin, he floats for an incredibly long time. And because of his lankiness, his jumping on enemies doesn't actually kill them. When jumping on a Goomba (or Goombo), he just kind of squishes it while riding it. You have to hold down + attack to then stomp on the enemy or kick it it into submission.

Instead of mushrooms, Waluigi uses eggplants to powerup. Only Mushrooms come out, and if he comes in contact, he'll just kick them away. But if he hits them with his wrench, they turn into an eggplant, which turns him into Super Waluigi.

Waluigi has two additional powerups. He can use the fire flower, which if he shoots, fires a slow moving horizontal fireball (similar to Luigi in SSB). But if he whacks the fireball with a wrench, random effects can happen, including spraying out in different directions, turning into a large fireball, or causing it to go haywire and bounce all over. He can also collect the Seaweed powerup, which turns him into Flying Fish Waluigi. While in the air, he can also do a horizontal breaststroke in midair by pressing the run button again.

Throughout the game, Waluigi will often run into Luigi, who will be sleeping or doing stupid Luigi things. Waluigi can beat up on him to steal his coins and/or powerup. Maybe there can be other interactions such as special win conditions based on your interactions with Luigi. I haven't thought of this in too much detail. Bosses-wise, he'll also run into Mario (who's trying to recover the wrench) and Wario, who is upset that Waluigi took the wrench without telling him (and also wants a share of the treasure... but Waluigi's too greedy to share!). Even Captain Syrup shows up to participate in Daisy's treasure hunt. At the end of each world, after you beat each boss, you reach the treasure, but you have to beat Luigi to it. He'll grab it first, and you have to catch it from him in 1:00 (similar to catching Nabbit in NSMBU) or else you lose. Feel free to cheat with the wrench to cause obstacles that attack Luigi.

Worlds
Birabuto Kingdom
Muda Kingdom
Easton Kingdom
Chai Kingdom
Outer Space

After collecting all the treasures, Waluigi goes to Daisy's castle. Unfortunately, his timing is poor as Tatanga, back for revenge, abducts Daisy. After having come this far, Waluigi chases after Tatanga into outer space.

Ending
Prior to the battle with Tatanga, Tatanga zaps Waluigi, making him drop his treasures, and promptly engages him. After beating Tatanga, Waluigi celebrates, and then goes to where Daisy was... unfortunately she's missing, and so is the treasure. Apparently, Luigi was right behind the whole time, and snagged the treasure (while Waluigi was fighting Tatanga), and gets the prize (starting with a kiss for "rescuing" her)

After beating the game, Waluigi gets access to the GameShark, an item which can use when revisiting levels to create blocks wherever he wants. He can use these to obtain any hidden star coins/medals/whatever the game uses that he couldn't catch before. Maybe getting all the star coins (or whatever they are) might unlock a new ending!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:43 pm 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
This is a thing I'm working on FYI...

---Paper Mit: Legend of the 6 Paper Clips---

Basicly there are 6 clips; Red,Green,Blue,Yellow,Silver and Black. Once a millon years or somthing, the clips comebind and create a Rainbow Clip and decend a to MFGG island to rock out for one night with Thunder Dragon before returning to outer space for a millon years. But this time when the Clips combind without Silver and a hell breakes loose. Silver Clips tries to inform Thunder Dragon but to late. The clips take over all of MFGG and set up bases all over MFGG island. The Rainbow Clip corners Silver in a corner.(Lol) When all hope seems lost a fire ball comes out of no where and hits the Rainbow Clip splitting it back into 5 normal clip and skatter all over the island. Silver and Mit becomes friends or something and Silver informs him that if he doesn't recollect the clips in 24 hours the moon wil cras- I mean the world will blow up because the Rainbow Clip isn't Partying. Saddly for him Thunder Dragon is still out there...mind controlled...and controlling all of MFGG...

Chapters:

Ch. 0: And then there were 2....
Ch. 1: Attack on Turnups
Ch. 2: We find out why Pokies live in the desert!
Ch. 3. A Freezy Frosty summer day
Ch. 4: Chaoxyses Inside Story
Ch. 5: The Void full of Thunder...
Ch. 6: The Darkest Sunset
AfterMath: And then there were like, 9,000!

What I need:

Tileset Maker
Character Desinger: for that just simmit an eneime desing to me and I'll see what I can do.
Music Couposers

Even though this seems like a lot I will make all levels/world maps for this game!

Also all eneimes/partners/bosses are MFGG users!

User page at mfgg.net

[kg]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:14 pm 
resident ice cream salesman
[*]
[*]
Something I may or may not eventually create is something I thought of during the extended period of Smash hype.

It's a Mega Man game, but the eight robot masters are Super Smash Brothers characters. Specifically...

Spoiler:

Also, Bowser is the main villain. Or Wily. Choose.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:22 am 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'd say make it but comment on my idea to!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:22 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Be patient, Cornflakes.
Also, do you even have permission from Mit to use his OC in your game?

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:40 am 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
Be patient, Cornflakes.
Also, do you even have permission from Mit to use his OC in your game?

Yes I pmed him and he said the ok but he's to bussey to sprite.
So I pmed SuperAutherBros and he said yes and in the first day we got this:

The PaperClips:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:59 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I would remove the glow if you're planning on making it Paper Mario style.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:09 am 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well the clips are from different dimentions.

Also I'm still looking for a spriter

This is the best I can do: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4jbskai2j73q ... cEqja?dl=0

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14 pm 
I Have Returned®
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Me and my friend were thinking about a Mario fangame that had unique worlds, because we were tired of seeing the same
crap of "Grassland - Desert - Lake - Etc. Etc. Etc. - Bowser's Land"
then I remembered there was Super Mario Land 2 which had some quite unique worlds, so I thought about
doing a "Super Mario Land 4" project,
and that it would have Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi playable,
and these are the worlds we thought about so far:
W1: Farm Zone
W2: Savannah Zone
W3: House Zone (Different than Macro Zone from SML2, you have normal size and each level is on a different room)
W4: Sewer Zone
W5: Ocean Zone (Not a water world, you are inside the ocean. Think about "Spongebob-like" level or something.)
W6: Pre-historic Island Zone
W7: Castle Zone (The castle is huge, so it is its own world.)
W8: Church Zone (that was our first idea, and we don't know how it would work out haha, but it is the last world!!)
W9[Bonus]: Circus & Amusement Park Zone
the story is still in progress, we currently have the story that Wario and Waluigi saw on TV that there was a golden badge that will grant richness to who uses it, buried in a local Farm, Wario and Waluigi, excited with the idea, went to that farm to look for it. Mario and Luigi, also knowing the news, go to the same farm so they can help Wario and Waluigi out before they do crap... but when Mario and Luigi got there, Wario and Waluigi already did crap, they thought that using Bombs would be a good idea instead of digging (since they're lazy) but they ended up shattering the badge into various pieces and they were scattered through the world... now the 4 must travel through various different worlds to recover it.

I can handle a fangame like this, lol, but what I would be needing, is graphics...

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
lu9 wrote:
I can handle a fangame like this, lol, but what I would be needing, is graphics...

That's it? Graphics? I have Mario and Luigi sprites already. I'd just have to make Wario and Waluigi and any enemies that would be necessary.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:35 am 
I Have Returned®
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
UltLuigi wrote:
lu9 wrote:

That's it? Graphics? I have Mario and Luigi sprites already. I'd just have to make Wario and Waluigi and any enemies that would be necessary.

I meant graphics for all level themes.
Are there any church tilesets? Amusement Park backgrounds?

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:41 am 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
^That's still not much of a problem really. It really depends on the style you want.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:11 pm 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I would make a level for it!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic