Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
Nintendo kills a fangame, Currently unknown to be true.
 [zz]
 Post subject: Nintendo kills a fangame
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 pm 
[*]
Finally, after a very long time of freedom from Nintendo, they have finally decided to take action against one fangame, Super Mario Bros X. As quoted from the creator himself:

"Last Friday I received a call from Nintendo's lawyers asking me to remove Super Mario Bros. X from the site and delete all SMBX videos from my Youtube account. They also asked me to transfer SuperMarioBrothers.org over to them. I have complied with their first two wishes, but I do not want to lose SuperMarioBrothers.org. It is a good Mario fansite, even without Super Mario Bros. X. They were going to decide on that and get back to me. I was waiting to hear back from them before I made any statement about this, but the rumors needed to be cleared up. I have a lot of respect for Nintendo and never intended to cause any problems for them.

I am going to ask that you guys refrain from posting copies of SMBX on the internet, as it goes against Nintendo's wishes and could make things more complicated for me." - Redigit

Well... I don't know what to say. Please don't say this is a hoax, because it's true.

P.S. This post is rather poorly phrased. Could someone improve it?

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: Nintendo kills a fangame
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:49 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Oh god.
THE END IS NEAR!!!!
(By that I mean the end of MFGG)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:32 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Gotta wonder what counts as crossing the line for Nintendo. Is it size of the game, popularity, what? I'm not holding it against them though, they must have their reasons, and either way, Mario is their property so they have every right to say when to stop.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:11 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hold on here just a second... what did he do specifically that got them ticked?

EDIT: Also, someone on the staff should take down the copy of SMBX on the main site...

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:47 pm 
[*]
Captain Cook wrote:
Hold on here just a second... what did he do specifically that got them ticked?

EDIT: Also, someone on the staff should take down the copy of SMBX on the main site...

Not sure, but it may have been getting too close to All-Stars...

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 pm 
Lucario and/or Braixen = best avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It's gotta be a troll, or someone that's just really jealous that someone they know has more skill and knowledge than they do.
This, and something else should stand out:

Redigit wrote:
Last Friday I received a call from Nintendo's lawyers

How could they get his phone number is a question to ask.
Redigit wrote:
They also asked me to transfer SuperMarioBrothers.org over to them.

Why would Nintendo need a fan-site? They have no need for fangames, which gives them no income, when they're making thousands on real games.
It sounds to me like someone was jealous and wanted the website for themself, or a troll wanting the site to be destroyed.

I'll believe Nintendo is putting the stamp down when they announce it publicly.

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:
Image Image Image Image Image

These are my Smashers of choice:

[gb]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 pm 
[*]
[*]
I've never even heard of this...
I hope what you say, smbmaster99 is true with your reasnable deduction.
May God have mercy on our soul.....
May Nintendo have mercy on our fangames....

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
something doesn't quite add up,
an Email is very easily forged, any moron can do it,
Hell, I could do it, and Ive got the attention span of a cashew.
also, they would require a judgment in order to force the removal of content,

and even at that, it wouldn't be a "transfer" of the web site content.
they would go after the entire hard drive! from the computer!
which would require another judgment.

as it is layed out before me,
sounds like he's being scammed.

HOWEVER:
there is the chance it can be legit,
we are still missing pieces of this before we go calling "hoax" on it
whatever the case may be, he is merely playing it safe.
Cant really blame him for that, now can we? ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 am 
Paper Mario Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm sorry, but I don't belive this. Not only because of the things smbmaster99 posted, but also because Nintendo had no problems with fangames, and all of the sudden, BAM! "Pls delete ur fangame."

And also, a big company like Nintendo would announce stuff like this publicly, and probably, when they want to, not only stop SMBX, but the whole (Nintendo) fangaming industry.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:56 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yeah, way to much of this doesn't seem right. I'd seriously suggest questioning the people claiming to be from Nintendo before I give in to their demands.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:33 am 
[*]
[*]
And also there are loads of fangame, but why SMBX? I mean, how is it affecting the Nintendo company? Infact, it's advertising their productions so it's actually a good thing for Nintendo. Especially if it's popular, people will like it and buy the actual Mario games.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:13 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
volnado wrote:
And also there are loads of fangame, but why SMBX? I mean, how is it affecting the Nintendo company? Infact, it's advertising their productions so it's actually a good thing for Nintendo. Especially if it's popular, people will like it and buy the actual Mario games.

Not really. I know a lot of people who play Super Mario Bros. X *instead* of actual Mario games, BECAUSE it is so close to Super Mario Bros. 3 and World.
I can see where they're coming from, if it's really them. However usually you get a letter, not a call, so that sounds fishy to me. As for the domain name transfer, they just want the domain, not the contents, if anything.

User page at mfgg.net

[se]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 am 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

What's your source for this? As in, where did you find out about how Nintendo "killed" SMB X?

I certainly hope that this is not true. I guess the games I've made that are on MGG are safe, as they are only small mini games that aren't competing with Nintendo, but I do worry about Psycho Waluigi and Midas Machine.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 am 
[*]
[*]
Sounds like a late or on time April fools depending on when it was posted. The inconsistencies in the words are big, and wouldn't more people know about this? Also SMBX isn't making any money and gives credit for everything, why would Nintendo care? If this were something truly important I'm sure someone other than SMBmaster would have posted it by now. Also, SAUCE PLZ. I'd like a link to your source.

D-Dazzle wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't belive this. Not only because of the things smbmaster99 posted, but also because Nintendo had no problems with fangames, and all of the sudden, BAM! "Pls delete ur fangame."

And also, a big company like Nintendo would announce stuff like this publicly, and probably, when they want to, not only stop SMBX, but the whole (Nintendo) fangaming industry.

I'd like to add that I presume it would be sudden, why would a big corporation give us a chance, and just because Nintendo's big doesn't mean they're going to release the information, would you release information of a better game made by another developer for free? And also I don't get why [some of you] suck up to Nintendo like it actually cares about you; it's just a corporation people...

[se]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:35 am 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

HmniND wrote:
Also SMBX isn't making any money and gives credit for everything, why would Nintendo care?

If people play fan games instead of buying new Mario games... Well, Nintendo don't make money on these fan games.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 am 
[*]
[*]
But the reason we play and make Mario games is because we played the original. Imagine if.......uuh, I dunno.........NSMB Wii 2 came out, everybody who plays SMBX or any other popular fangmae will eventually buy it. Plus, a small group of Mario fans like us can't affect the sales of their productions. There are loads of people who play Mario games and don't play our fangames. Another point is that Mario isn't the only games they make. There are loads on other consoles and stuff.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:30 am 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I think I might e-mail someone at Nintendo to see if the ordeal is real, and why.

User page at mfgg.net

[se]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:56 am 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

volnado wrote:
But the reason we play and make Mario games is because we played the original. Imagine if.......uuh, I dunno.........NSMB Wii 2 came out, everybody who plays SMBX or any other popular fangmae will eventually buy it. Plus, a small group of Mario fans like us can't affect the sales of their productions. There are loads of people who play Mario games and don't play our fangames. Another point is that Mario isn't the only games they make. There are loads on other consoles and stuff.

Well, yeah. I sure as heck wouldn't play, say, Alex's Luigi Game, instead of Paper Mario 3DS. But I'd rather play Psycho Waluigi than the Wii port of All-Stars. There are certainly some people who are more interested in SMB X than commercial Mario games.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am 
[*]
[*]
First of all, that would be your opinion. There are a many people who may think different.
Also, it doesn't rule out my other point; We are a small group of people and mabye something like 75% of us prefer fangames than official ones and they don't buy Nintendo's production. Also, Mario isn't the only production from Nintendo. There are countless of games that they sell so this little game propably doesn't even affect their company.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:45 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
But if it's a hoax by Redigit, why discourage others from distributing copies of the game?

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic