[ 13 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: How to share objects I made in gamemaker? (Manely for HE4)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am 
A guy who's a person. Yup.
Now you may be thinking "Another question partaking to that overused engine?!". The thing is, making custom hello engine 4 stuff is kind of like how spritersoniku (On youtube, and I think SMW Central) is about SMW hacking. And since I can't use ASM (Can't make heads or tails outa that stuff), Iv'e been doing that. The only thing is, unlike people who make custom SMW sprites, I can't find a practical way to make my stuff downloadable. The only way I can think of is to make it so you have to redownload THE WHOLE ENGINE with what I added, which would take ages to upload, then use the "merge games" button to merge them and delet everything but what I made and transfer it to the mane copy of HE4. That is totaly rediculouse, however, and I'm not about to go that far. Is there any better way?

[us]
 Post subject: Re: How to share objects I made in gamemaker? (Manely for HE4)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:26 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

If you're talking about programming code, click on "Object Information" for the objects you made, and it'll display all the code for that particular enemy or item. This can be copied or pasted.

If you're talking about sprites or backgrounds you've made yourself, you should upload those to a site like Tinypic or ImageShack and post the links to those in the Arts Board.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:35 pm 
Thanks, now I figured out how to save the codng, but then how do I put it in another Game (To simulate what people would have to do to transfer my object)?

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:17 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

delete everything except your object, export it

import into other games later

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:34 pm 
Well, I gues I'll try that once I mak somethng.
Edit: Just found out it still needs some objects to stay to work properly, because it loses things(Mario collision events, for example, so i'll still have some things left over.

[in]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
koopachris wrote:
Well, I gues I'll try that once I mak somethng.
Edit: Just found out it still needs some objects to stay to work properly, because it loses things(Mario collision events, for example, so i'll still have some things left over.

when the game is merged the object should magically work again unless you modified mario

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:03 am 
I mean it can't have the colision event with mario since Mario isn't there. I mean, as I'm working on deleting everything else, it loses te command for touching mario when I delet mario. Even when I don't delet him, I still have to reasign it to the current game's mario. Not too much work, but still erksum.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Yes, it is quite irksome. The main problem with sharing objects is that the standard collision events will always be tied to the old game and old objects, so the only easy way to share objects you make is if they're a system of objects all their own.

There are ways around this using code to create collision events of your own, and reassigning them is just renaming a few things. But then, regardless of when you delete things, the events remain, and would have to be deleted manually.

So really, there's some work involved no matter what.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm 
Zero Kirby wrote:
Yes, it is quite irksome. The main problem with sharing objects is that the standard collision events will always be tied to the old game and old objects, so the only easy way to share objects you make is if they're a system of objects all their own.

There are ways around this using code to create collision events of your own, and reassigning them is just renaming a few things. But then, regardless of when you delete things, the events remain, and would have to be deleted manually.

So really, there's some work involved no matter what.

Oh great. My grammar again :\

[in]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:38 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
meh
no way to solve that

only suggestion i can give is don't use collision event, it's not very good either way.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:31 pm 
Don't use collision events? I'd rather just continuously explain the steps to making it work properly.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Let's just face it; there is no bona-fide solution. It is, in a sense, impossible to do with little or no effort unless your objects are intended to be completely self-contained and have no references to any objects outside their group.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:57 pm 
Ready to launch! And set for action!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
All you have to do is delete everything except your new object, Mario the parents folder and the collisions folder and problem is solved. But if the problem still occurs go to the MKF Boards Website. Here is the link: http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/index/

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 13 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic