[ 2 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Spriters wanted for Super Mario Zero.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Basically a re-post of the old MFGG topic.

Since I'm actually coding Super Mario Zero in, well, code, it's been a lot easier. And I've gotten stuff done.

Anyway, right now I'm using 8-bit Super Mario Bros. 3 graphics as placeholders. Well no more for I'd like something a little more visually striking. Custom sprites, yes indeed. Still 8-bit though, since I've got the music for it.

So far I've just been using the SMB3 sprites from this sheet and the tileset from this sheet until now. (Not all of them, mind. And recolors don't really count.) But like I said, I'd like to change it to something more interesting and new.

So! If you want to contribute then please do so! Just keep in mind, I still want the graphics somewhat similarly dimensioned (as in, 'round the same size, tweaks can happen if you must). And they must be 8-bit. I'll allow for some limited Mega Manning, but keep it realistic.

Since Mario's the main character, I've listed the sprites of him I'd need here. They're the most essential after all.

Here's everything I need for regular Mario (note: you don't need to make left-and-right facing sprites; I'm reflecting him in-game.) (Oh, and also, there's no small Mario. Just regular Super Mario. As in big.)

• The basics. (Standing, walking, jumping, ducking, running, swimming, that stuff. Stuff you can do in every Mario game.)
  • Spin Jump (this would need sprites facing both left-and-right in the same animation, though)
  • Wall Jump (sliding off the wall is necessary; the jump itself isn't)
  • Ground Pound (the sprite I'm using for it now is... terribad)
  • Knocked back (like Castlevania, if you're hit, you get knocked back. This game uses a health meter.)
  • Climbing (works like Super Mario World's climbing system)
  • Skidding (like, when you run one direction then start running the other... this is essential because it leads into a special move)
  • Death (no small Mario in this game)

I'd like a lot more, like animations for his Flip Jump and cutscene sprites, but this is everything for Mario I absolutely do NEED RIGHT NOW. He's also got four powerups, two of which are definite recolors, one of which isn't, the fourth I'm not sure yet on. Got some sketches of all his moves and powerups here, though. (Gravity is the one I'm not sure about, by the way. Feel free to invent a look for that.)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/ ... omoves.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/ ... moves2.png

You'll receive full credit for anything you make.

Any questions, just PM me. Rather do an enemy, background, or item? PM me. Really just PM me or post here if you want to contribute, please.

Video of the Ground Pound in action. Yes, I am actually working on this.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Spriters wanted for Super Mario Zero.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm not the world's greatest spriter, but I've got enough ability to do some enemies, maybe a background or two.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 2 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic