[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]

Hello, MFGG!

No, this isn't an April Fools joke. My fangame Sonic Hexacide has indeed been finished. And, yes, I'm aware there already exists a topic for this game, but it's old and I don't really want to post the finished version in a topic with comments mostly on a very old demo.

So yeah, a Sonic fangame on MFGG might been seen as heresy, but whatever. Fujiko has shown us clearly enough that SFGG is indeed a thing. Without further ado, here it is!

Controls
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Videos
Trailer
Spoiler:

Final Boss (Spoilers!)
Spoiler:

Q&A
Spoiler:

System Requirements
Spoiler:

Download from MediaFire! (60.41 MB)
Download from Box! (60.41 MB)

Also if someone would be interested in creating a trailer for this game, that would be really neat :D Right now I have nothing to show on my YouTube channel.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
 Post subject: Re: Sonic Hexacide [FINISHED]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:48 pm 
I Have Returned®
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
where in this game you find the tusk bucks compatibility thing

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:48 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
lu9 wrote:
where in this game you find the tusk bucks compatibility thing
Yet to come via DLC.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:34 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I really like how this game plays so far! It's a bit difficult to handle on my laptop, though, since I cannot run and jump at the same time due to key limitations, and I can't change the controls to Shift and Control, either, is there any way for me to play this game properly or shall I just accept that the game is more difficult to control for me?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:38 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
WreckingGoomba wrote:
I really like how this game plays so far! It's a bit difficult to handle on my laptop, though, since I cannot run and jump at the same time due to key limitations, and I can't change the controls to Shift and Control, either, is there any way for me to play this game properly or shall I just accept that the game is more difficult to control for me?
Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to add a customizable key layout. You could try switching to a German keyboard so Y and Z are switched, even though it might be even worse to control if you're not used to playing that way.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:47 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Last time I tried your game, the whole level and every object was a solid grey. Does this problem still persist? If yes, then please fix it, so I can finally play that game.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:00 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I wouldn't know if it still persists. This is made in the most recent version of GM:Studio, so I don't know if they did anything to fix that issue.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:14 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to add a customizable key layout. You could try switching to a German keyboard so Y and Z are switched, even though it might be even worse to control if you're not used to playing that way.

Thanks for the suggestion, the game works perfectly now, and I have got to admit, it is a lot of fun to play!

EDIT: This happened to me when I fell into the spikes in Desert Zone act 2

of Draw Event
for object obj_spikes:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 147456 bytes
5347 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 767808 KB
at gml_Object_obj_spikes_Draw_0
############################################################################################

EDIT 2: This happens every time I get to the spikes section in the level (right after the first slot machine), rendering the level unbeatable. I am not sure if it's just a problem on my end or if it's a bug in the game, but you might want to take a look into it either way.

Last edited by WreckingPrograms on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:21 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Glad you're enjoying it so far :D

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:08 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
WreckingGoomba wrote:
EDIT: This happened to me when I fell into the spikes in Desert Zone act 2

of Draw Event
for object obj_spikes:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 147456 bytes
5347 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 767808 KB
at gml_Object_obj_spikes_Draw_0
############################################################################################

EDIT 2: This happens every time I get to the spikes section in the level (right after the first slot machine), rendering the level unbeatable. I am not sure if it's just a problem on my end or if it's a bug in the game, but you might want to take a look into it either way.

DJ Coco wrote:
Q: I get an error message saying something about vertex buffers.
A: This means your graphics card can't handle the game. Sorry about that, nothing I can do about that.
I guess there's too many spikes on the screen at the same time, which your graphics card can't handle. Maybe increasing frameskipping helps, though I don't think so. It would be worth a try, though. I guess I should release a low-poly version of this game.

EDIT: A new version is now available with reduced polygon count on the spikes. This should prevent the vertex buffer error. I also fixed a homing attack bug.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:51 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh, I see. I do have a better graphics card but my laptop used Intel HD Graphics by default. Thanks for mentioning that.
EDIT: It works fine now, thanks! I did notice the spikes cause quite a bit of lag compared to the rest of the game, but I'm assuming that's too hard to fix with the way GM:Studio handles 3D.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:13 pm 
I'm almost everywhere!
This game looks pretty good. Might try it out later.

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:02 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
v1.2 is now out! Changes since v1.1:
  • Fixed a bug where shadows of the Gyros would be drawn in midair.
  • Fixed a major bug where homing attacking currently digging Buzzsaws would glitch you through the floor causing you to lose a life.
  • Sugar Swamp Act 2: Fixed a minor bug where the platforms would fail to load the whole model.
  • Sugar Swamp Act 2: Fixed a bug where the blue platforms below Sonic wouldn't disappear.
  • Sugar Swamp Act 2: Added additional sound effects.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:36 am 
indie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
This looks very nice. My only complaint is that sonic's sprite clash with everything else.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:28 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
This looks really well made. I better try it someday. Why doesn't Sega make you make Sonic games :laugh:?

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:38 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Sonic's sprite doesn't fit at all.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:50 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I wonder why people keep pointing out that Sonic's sprite doesn't fit when it's from the same game as 80% of all sprites in this game.
If anything the Advance sprites clash

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:20 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
I wonder why people keep pointing out that Sonic's sprite doesn't fit when it's from the same game as 80% of all sprites in this game.
If anything the Advance sprites clash

I think it's because of the 3D ground and spikes. I don't see the problem with Sonic's sprite, though, it didn't bother me too much.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:30 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The sprite doesn't bother me at all. It takes a little practice to actually HIT the enemies with a sprite, but it's not impossible by any means!

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:23 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
So... Guinea just played Hexacide and let me know of a game-breaking glitch in v1.2 that prevents you from even beating the first level. Man, that's embarassing I didn't test it enough to discover such a major bug.
So anyway, v1.3 is now up that fixes this issue. I hope nobody has downloaded v1.2 ^^'

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 42 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic