Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 159 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Paper Mario 3D Land, 3D platforming fun at its finest!
 [at]
 Post subject: Paper Mario 3D Land
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:46 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]

Welcome, MFGG! Welcome to the first ever completed 3D Mario fangame here on MFGG! As far as I know, at least. This is Paper Mario 3D Land, and as the name implies it combines the gameplay mechanics of Super Mario 3D Land with the charming visuals of the Paper Mario series. Run and jump through 16 unique levels from start to finish through gorgeous landscapes filled with all kinds of obstacles. Not only does this game feature never before seen mechanics from the Mario franchise, but it also offers a wide variety of new stuff, including never before seen power-ups.

Power-Ups
ImageSuper DandelionImage
The Super Dandelion lets Mario transform into a flower, granting him the ability to perform a minor doublejump in mid-air as well as hover to ground safely. Not only does this power-up make all kinds of traps easier to deal with by giving you extra air time, but it also enables you to take several small and maybe not so small shortcuts.

ImageMole SuitImage
Dress up as a mole and dig through the floor! Using this power-up you can bypass several hazards and access otherwise inaccessible areas. While performing the digging attack your attack power also increases so it becomes easier to take out tougher enemies. While underground enemies also won't notice and take chase of you.

ImageUp CakesImage
These delicious cupcakes will temporarily increase Mario's stats. The red one boosts Mario's attack power, whereas the blue one raises Mario's defense.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

System Requirements
DirectX version 9 or higher is required to run this game. A medium-end PC is recommended to run this game smoothly without frameskipping. If the game lags for you try increasing the frameskipping.

>>Download now! (Mainsite, 28.05MB)<<
>>Alternate Download (Box, 28.05MB)<<
(MediaFire link was taken down by Nintendo)

I hope you enjoy the game! Have fun!

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Paper Mario 3D Land
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:16 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
YES! At long last, the greatest fangame yet has been completed!

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:22 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
lolodajfyeseyeyeyeyeseeeyeyweesse

Trying it now.

EDIT: I tried. It's awesome but there are some annoying problems. The game runs very slow on my mother's computer (It's not an old or bad computer, but it's not for gaming.). That's really annoying. I also can't pass the part after checkpoint in the second level. It starts to lag in there, then the game freezes, however, I can still hear sound and play. But since I can't see anything, I die. My suggestion is optimizing the game more and adding a low graphics option. Also it's annoying to can't see fps. Other than that, it's a pretty good game.

Wait, I forgot that this computer has two graphics card. I tried with the other one. The game doesn't freeze anymore and runs a little faster but it's still pretty slow. (unless you play in windowed mode but I hate playing like that.) Oh also blocks (both big colorful ones and smaller ones) are clashing with Paper Mario style. They look like from another game. But it's not a very big issue. I'll try it on my computer as fast as I can. (several months, lol)

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:03 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Did you try enabling frameskipping?

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Judging by the screenshots (I haven't played it yet but I will soon enough),
this looks amazing. Although Mors is right, the conflicting texture resolution is a little off putting. Would it not have been better to use pmtyd resources for mario and the enemies?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
the level design doesn't really compliment the way the camera is set up. for one, you should never have to move exclusively down/south with this type of camera. it's very easy to get blindsided by something that way. another thing is obscuring obstacles with walls (i.e the rollers in 1-2) is also a pretty bad idea because, again, you can get blindsided.

other than that, the way mario handles is really weird. i expected a platforming game where mario handles like in PM64 and that's what i got and honestly that not what i wanted to see. it's really weird and stiff.

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:07 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
the level design doesn't really compliment the way the camera is set up. for one, you should never have to move exclusively down/south with this type of camera. it's very easy to get blindsided by something that way. another thing is obscuring obstacles with walls (i.e the rollers in 1-2) is also a pretty bad idea because, again, you can get blindsided.

other than that, the way mario handles is really weird. i expected a platforming game where mario handles like in PM64 and that's what i got and honestly that not what i wanted to see. it's really weird and stiff.
I don't see a problem with moving towards the camera. It doesn't occur often and when it does it's not like anything particularly unfair is going on. About the roller in 1-2 I agree, but I was unable to change the camera without it blindsighting you in another way, but if you use the camera buttons to your advantage you can see it in advance.

About the physics I really don't see your complaints. The movement is precise and it works well and nobody else has complained about it. If you want more slippery physics or anything well then I guess so be it, but I think they're just fine.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:29 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I think the music should've been in a music folder rather than the main directory. Also the music seems a bit clashing in quality, you go from something that sounds tinny and mono, to high quality and stereo.

I have 2 issues so far. The game defaults to controller use it seems, which is a no-no as far as i'm concerned, and I can't seem to find a way to switch to keyboard controls instead. The second issue is it uses the B button to jump and X button for running and fireballs, which are on the opposite side of each other, and can't be configured, at least as far as I can tell.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
I think the music should've been in a music folder rather than the main directory. Also the music seems a bit clashing in quality, you go from something that sounds tinny and mono, to high quality and stereo.

I have 2 issues so far. The game defaults to controller use it seems, which is a no-no as far as i'm concerned, and I can't seem to find a way to switch to keyboard controls instead. The second issue is it uses the B button to jump and X button for running and fireballs, which are on the opposite side of each other, and can't be configured, at least as far as I can tell.
Whoops. I gotta admit I didn't test gamepad input because I don't have a gamepad.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:38 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Kritter wrote:

Whoops. I gotta admit I didn't test gamepad input because I don't have a gamepad.

Change B to A and it should be just fine.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:53 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Change B to A and it should be just fine.
Alright, I updated the file. Should work now. Thanks for pointing it out.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:42 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
the game doesn't seem to recognise my gamepad

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:44 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
You changed X to A instead of B :whoops:

It still works better, but it doesn't feel as natural.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 pm 
I Have Returned®
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I really liked it! And lol nice Charlie the Duck checkpoint

I dont have too much to say, except it gets slow sometimes and really fast sometimes :P

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:03 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
For anyone experiencing lag, you can change the frameskip on the go in the pause menu (I was running into random lag so I asked DJane to add that in).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:03 am 
Waka waka waka
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Got through the first world tonight and I gotta say, this is pretty well made. A few comments:

-Like mentioned before, the graphics can clash a bit. TTYD might've been better to use, but it's not the unbearable.
-That first boss was great, but if you try to pause during the fight it creates a game-crashing error. I was also in midair at that time, if that's relevant.
-Liking the new suits so far, though the mole suit has some jagged lines around the mouth and I personally feel the cotton suit could've been replaced by something similar, like the already-existing cloud suit.
-Heavy lag in full screen, though windowed is a bit better. The World 1 castle lags hard no matter which way you play, though.

Chaoxys wrote:
For anyone experiencing lag, you can change the frameskip on the go in the pause menu (I was running into random lag so I asked DJane to add that in).

I didn't try this yet, so maybe it's the fix I need.

Last edited by Burning Fox on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grumble Volcano - Mario Kart Wii

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:15 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I don't get any lag at all, though I have a pretty beefy computer.

I have to agree with these issues Willsaber posted on the mainsite, at least from my play of it so far:

Quote:
- forced gamepad controls on me. No user should ever have to unplug their gamepad just to play a game.
- Hammer Bros. throw hammers while I'm jumping on them. I know they're a historically annoying enemy, but come on!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:28 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Burning Fox wrote:
-Like mentioned before, the graphics can clash a bit. TTYD might've been better to use, but it's not the unbearable.

Jeeze, glad to know all my efforts on the sprites managed to be just higher of "unbearable". Nah, I'm kidding, but the issue of using TTYD sprites would be in getting the custom sprites needed. Aside from the Up Cakes and power ups, not much shows up in world 1, but as you go on, you will see more and more custom graphics in terms of sprites. This especially holds true for the final boss.

Quote:
-Liking the new suits so far, though the mole suit has some jagged lines around the mouth

Really? I'm looking at the sheet now and I don't see it, granted, the game does seem to stretch the sprites around at times so that may be the cause.
Quote:
and I personally feel the cotton suit could've been replaced by something similar, like the already-existing cloud suit.

But no other power up works in that exact manner that I can remember. Honestly, if we had used an exsisting power up and reworked it, we'd probably have more people complaining that the power up doesn't work like it's supposed to and that we should have used a new one.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:08 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Did you try enabling frameskipping?

:huh:
Yeah, now it's better. :laugh:

Also why people keep saying "Use PMTYD sttle!!!"? This is a completed game. Don't expect radical changes.
But I'm still waiting an update with Paper Mario styled blocks.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:
the game doesn't seem to recognise my gamepad

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 159 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic