[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Now with proper credits!

Last edited by Vimimin on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Charisma 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:51 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Sorry, but the collision detection in Camtendo's Lightgun Minigame is just no.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:55 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:

Do you mean like... shooting the targets or what?

If you do, then wow. That's pretty easy to do, man.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:03 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Vitiman wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

Do you mean like... shooting the targets or what?

If you do, then wow. That's pretty easy to do, man.

Yeah, I mean the targets. And it's only easy in Round 1.
In Round 2, I just can't seem to hit some of the targets, no matter what.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, it's not like you have limited ammo, man. No one's gonna care if you just spam the **** out of that left mouse button!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Vitiman wrote:
Well, it's not like you have limited ammo, man. No one's gonna care if you just spam the **** out of that left mouse button!

Well, I would, if I could, but there is still that goddamned delay, making only one of two clicks function properly.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:34 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
Vitiman wrote:

Well, I would, if I could, but there is still that goddamned delay, making only one of two clicks function properly.

well then I dunno what to tell you

I just played it again, and it's seriously not that hard.

Also, a public service announcement.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Pardon my double post, but I'd like to remind everyone about something in advance before people start shouting things my way or anything. Charisma 6's main goal was to be a parody of what everyone wanted the next Charisma game to be. The faux-symbolism because Charisma wasn't "deep" enough as a game, gameplay mechanics that you are forced to learn for the duration of an entire level that you never really have to use again (or can at all until later in the game once more, but as I said, it's completely unnecessary), a glorious fountain of humor that rides high on the complete opposite of in-jokes: jokes that have no real base. I did include a few small in-jokes here and there, but otherwise all this stuff is crap I pulled out of me arse to confuse people.

Finally, a certain person or two always kept pestering me to make what I deemed the completed game (that is, what I shared with everyone in the first post) longer so that it'd be a real game. So I released what I intended and nothing more. This is Charisma, not the next big Mario game. Why do so many people want a lengthy, legit game? These games have always been, first and foremost, jokes.

So yeah, otherwise, I hope you have enjoyment!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:04 pm 
heartbeat, increasing heartbeat
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
hey uh

there's no credits sequence at all, and vitiman never mentioned any of the people who worked on this game, so allow me to fill you in -

Mit made his own sprites. I composed all of the music in the game except for two tracks which were composed by Dudim himself (can you guess which ones they are?)

Also, I have kind of a special treat- this song is one of the first songs I made for the game and it was supposed to play over the end credits, but it was never used. Vitiman doesn't even know about it, I kept it a surprise.

here

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:09 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Parody or not, this is the strongest entry in the Charisma series. Some sections are more interesting than others, but the light-gun battle was great and begs to be expanded upon in the future. Your use of MMF2 graphical effects is quite impressive, especially on the title screen. I hope you can tie up the loose ends of the story in a subsequent episode.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
Parody or not, this is the strongest entry in the Charisma series. Some sections are more interesting than others, but the light-gun battle was great and begs to be expanded upon in the future. Your use of MMF2 graphical effects is quite impressive, especially on the title screen. I hope you can tie up the loose ends of the story in a subsequent episode.

Thank you very much, Vinny! Unfortunately, Charisma 7 is apparently not meant to be for various reasons, but Dudim's solo story will eventually be shown to the world one way or another. I have an idea of how that could work, but I'm still working with it and what I could do. Without a spriter at reach, it may take some time to be fully realized...

Also, I wish you had shown me that song sooner, Geno. It now has a very depressing layer to it with the whole disbandment of the Charisma gang and all that :(

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:17 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Genogenesis7 wrote:
Mit made his own sprites.

and a bunch of other sprites too, namely the bosses of both my battle and Cam's battle (except the bombs which are from Sonic 1)

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:36 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
The Cam boss is an edit of the existing Cam sprite, though. But you were the one who did it, yeah. Also, aside from your own sprites, the boss of your level, and the aforementioned edit, I have no record of any other sprites you did. I'd say "a few more" is better than saying "a bunch" :)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, this was my first time playing through one of the Charisma games. Not really much I can say about the whole thing, it wasn't really interesting. When I say interesting, I don't mean the story, but I mean the actual game play. It was quite boring. I know it was supposed to be a small fun little game, but I wasn't very entertained.

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:22 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
kremling wrote:
Well, this was my first time playing through one of the Charisma games. Not really much I can say about the whole thing, it wasn't really interesting. When I say interesting, I don't mean the story, but I mean the actual game play. It was quite boring. I know it was supposed to be a small fun little game, but I wasn't very entertained.

Sorry to hear that, but what were you honestly expecting? An actual game? Something that would put some of the greatest games ever to shame? Perhaps you shouldn't have given it a try, in that case...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Vitiman wrote:
kremling wrote:

Sorry to hear that, but what were you honestly expecting? An actual game? Something that would put some of the greatest games ever to shame? Perhaps you shouldn't have given it a try, in that case...

Something actually entertaining. I don't think you could honestly say that the game was entertaining. Hope you don't take this too seriously, it was nothing but an opinion of mine, and I doubt me explaining my opinion would be of any concern to you (seeing as the Charisma games will be no more).

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:40 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
kremling wrote:
Vitiman wrote:
kremling wrote:

Something actually entertaining. I don't think you could honestly say that the game was entertaining. Hope you don't take this too seriously, it was nothing but an opinion of mine, and I doubt me explaining my opinion would be of any concern to you (seeing as the Charisma games will be no more).

I beg your pardon? I didn't know that what you define as entertaining fit what others did! Huh, what a strange world we now live in. Perhaps you would find the games "actually entertaining" if you didn't come into them with such high, unrealistic expectations :)

Also, just because the Charisma series is finished doesn't mean that I don't value your feedback for this game. However, I'm tempted to just outright ignore you specifically because you just don't seem to get the Charisma, man! You gotta... understaaaaand the Charismaaaaaa~ <3

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:45 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
...so, I assume anyone who actually wanted to say something said something? Or is no one else wanting to say something about the latest Charisma? :(

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:52 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I played it and it's actually quite fun! I thought Cam's level was easy actually.

---

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:25 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Goombaking123 wrote:
I played it and it's actually quite fun! I thought Cam's level was easy actually.

Many thanks! Yeah, I don't get why people say that Round 2 is really difficult myself... I could understand if it moves too fast for ya, but I just assumed that everyone has fast reflexes :P

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 33 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic