Post subject: Stomp//FEVER
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:50 pm 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hey there!
This is a small minigame I've made the last days.

CURRENT VERSION: 1.3 / 1.3.1

Gameplay:
Some of you may remember Mario Forever (and the minigame 'Mario Minix') by ... err I think Buziol Games/Softendo was their company name. Anyway, this is a standalone remake. Enemy Smashing, Online Highscores, Combos and ... more Enemy stompin in an oldschool & newschool mixed SMB1 Style!. NOW with FEVER Mode! Try to get a 15+ Combo to activate the Fever Mode!

Controls:
Arrow Keys - Move
X - Jump
Z - Run/Action Key

(If possible play with a gamepad!

Story:
Once upon a day Princess Peach invited Mario to a party and... well, f*ck the story. Just go and smash those baddies!

Screenshot:

Download:
(You need Winrar/Zip/7Zip to extract the game).
DOWNLOAD

Happy Highscore Hunting!

And now back to my other Project. SMO won't get finished by itself! :D

Last edited by Raikyo on Mon May 06, 2013 5:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
 Post subject: Re: Stomp//FEVER
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:08 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
6 minutes for 1.8MB? What happened to my internet? Well, looks like it'll still take a while for to comment on this. I'll just edit this post afterwards. The screen, however, looks awesome. Can't wait to try this.

EDIT: Okay, check it out now. Very fun little game. Good job on that. The physics were a little requiring to get used to, but I guess they need to be this way to keep up with the speed of this game. Great job on that one. Gonna submit a review on the main site too.

Last edited by DJ Coco on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:13 pm 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Haha that's cross. Anyway, take your time :). I hope you like it!

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It's funnier than orginal mario minix but I've seen some clashing in dead sound. And the coin was ugly, writing a name takes 5 minutes anddd I didn't sent my score. Check out this: http://www.softendo.com/game/Mario+Games

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I enjoyed this minigame, but I noticed a serious problem: When you start a second game, your old score doesn't reset to zero, thus allowing you to accumulate unlimited points. I've seen this bug in other GM games (in fact, it once came close to happening in one of my games, before I fixed it at the last minute before submitting it). You may want to release an update and wipe clean the existing leaderboard.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:49 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
I enjoyed this minigame, but I noticed a serious problem: When you start a second game, your old score doesn't reset to zero, thus allowing you to accumulate unlimited points. I've seen this bug in other GM games (in fact, it once came close to happening in one of my games, before I fixed it at the last minute before submitting it). You may want to release an update and wipe clean the existing leaderboard.

Raikyo doesn't use GM, but MMF2. But yeah, that sounds like a serious bug that needs to be fixed asap, especially when there's an online highscore.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:47 am 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:

Oh f**k. I've guess I've uploaded the wrong version here at the forums! Thanks for reporting this bug!

EDIT: Could you please try this updated Version:

EDIT2: It seems to work now!

(file removed)

Last edited by Raikyo on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 pm 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Some bugfixes, a version check and some small features. Also a new enemy! New submitted Highscores will have the players maximum combo next to the name! You can change the controls to controller input if you change "Controller=On" inside the inifile. Later you're able to change the controls ingame!

(file removed)

Last edited by Raikyo on Mon May 06, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:54 am 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
PLEASE UPDATE or you're not able to play! (I'll remove the Version Check as soon as there are no more bugs to get a higher score!)

(Maybe) The Final Version. Please try to find bugs and report them!
Changelog:
-Bugfixes
-Now it's easier to get Combos!
-Get a 15+ Combo to activate FEVER Mode!
-New Highscore System

(file removed) Look at the post below!

Last edited by Raikyo on Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 am 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh cr*p. Sorry for the double post. Not a big problem but a small bugfix. Somehow the game skips the introduction screen!
Here's the Version which won't skip it!

Attachments:
StompFever_1.3.1.zip [2.01 MiB]
Downloaded 25 times

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:22 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The game wrote:
Cannot load Pingpong.mfx. This object might need an external program or library not yet installed.

I can't play the latest version of the game, because I receive this error message before the game loads.

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 am 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Strange. Thanks for reporting. I'll fix this asap. It's the ping-extenstion to ping a server (it's for the version check system)

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:47 am 
Dart. Still a basic FC. For now.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Ok I tested it, lol it's a fun minigame indeed^^ I wonder if you couldn't add a few temporary Power ups related to stomping, but that each time you use it the fever mode becomes more intense or something **** that, it'll be so funny.
Does this minigame have a chance to become an avalaible minigame for you Super Mario online project by the way? That may be cool.

Anyway, I liked it. Only troublesome lag: when the music ends and another is charging, the screen freeze for a couple of seconds and I died because of it. Aside that, I have fun using the Koopa shells against the other enemies, wonder if it'll be possible to unlock like new enemies to stomp of levels where they appear in different places and not only above us (since the only thing here is to stomp, well...).

Keep going :)

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 am 
Wubwub
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Thanks for the small review! I'll fix this with the music. Other gamemodes, enemies and features were planned but I really want work on SMO again. Maybe in the future :PP! Also I had the idea about adding this into SMO, too. But since I'm not the only one with this idea I guess I'll create an arcade room in SMO and add this game to an arcade machine as a minigame.

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:34 pm 
Dart. Still a basic FC. For now.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Raikyo wrote:
Thanks for the small review! I'll fix this with the music. Other gamemodes, enemies and features were planned but I really want work on SMO again. Maybe in the future :PP! Also I had the idea about adding this into SMO, too. But since I'm not the only one with this idea I guess I'll create an arcade room in SMO and add this game to an arcade machine as a minigame.

Always welcome :)
Oh yeah, no problem then. I can't wait to feedback for more news about that project. And no you're not the only one with theidea :D
THat's the spirit :D
Hey, I wonder if the said arcade room couldn't in fact be an alternate version of MFGG where you'll unlock more and more minigames (machines) trhoughout the story, most of them coming from the real awesome fangames from this place, but in an arcade and simplified version :soveryhappy:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:18 pm 
Anti Articulate
[*]
[*]
This game is so addictive it hurt when I pulled myself away from it to give feedback on it.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 16 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic