Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next  [ 386 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Super Mario Bros: Odyssey (on hold)
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:45 pm 
Lucario and/or Braixen = best avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Here's the download link for chapter 1:

https://app.box.com/s/c5zj50q3u6ehhnvhpukd

UPDATE:
After thinking on it for a good while (and seemingly unfixable bugs), I'll be putting the series on hold. Hate to say it, but seriously, it's just flat out demotivating when you spend hours/days attempting to fix bugs and your efforts seemingly yield no results.

OLD, but still somewhat relevant stuff, including chapter 1:

Chapter 2 is in progress! Have a Title Screen and support banner!

I have more news in my latest post (5/22), so check it out!

Spoiler for old stuff, ranging from "Ch. 1 is complete!" to the project's introduction:

Spoiler:

DEMO DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1h9vkyksfzvcn9r

Note that Sendspace is an ad-fest if you're not using firefox's "ad-block plus" plug-in.[/spoiler]

Last edited by smbmaster99 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 27 times in total.

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:
Image Image Image Image Image

These are my Smashers of choice:

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: Untitled Super Mario Bros Project
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:37 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
interesting...

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:37 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

That map looks really bad. Try making the bottoms of the cliffs match the tops, instead of them just being straight.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:47 pm 
What am I looking at?
[*]
[*]
[*]
Cool! don't know if you're aware of this but if you hit the machine thing that shy guy rides with a hammer you'll
get lots of points, and you can do it endlessly!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:53 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

superdimentiobros wrote:
That map looks really bad. Try making the bottoms of the cliffs match the tops, instead of them just being straight.

I'm having a bit of trouble picturing what you speak of. What do you mean by "making the bottoms of the cliffs match the tops, instead of them just being straight"?
I'll do my best to avoid this mistake when I build maps for the final game.
SuperMario400 wrote:
if you hit the machine thing that shy guy rides with a hammer you'll
get lots of points, and you can do it endlessly!

Good call, I never noticed this. Thanks for pointing it out, this is exactly what I need to know: Name the object that seems to have created the glitch, what happens when the glitch occurs, and what you were doing when the glitch happened.

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:

[nl]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:15 am 
Paper Mario Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]

User page at mfgg.net

[es]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm 
I'm just a little adorable kitty :3
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

RedCreeper wrote:
uhhh may I can use the backgrounds in my game it looks really good
can I?

You have to ask first to the SMWASE Team!

Also, this game is lookin' great, If you need help with somethin' let me know.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:46 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I have a plot idea: *Ahem*
CHAPTER 0: The Sewers
Mario and Luigi, two plumbers, are working in the sewers when they find a mysterious pipe, suddenly, they are attacked by strange creatures (Mario Bros enemies)! After going deeper and deeper in the sewers (levels), they eventually land in the Mushroom Kingdom. They find Toadsworth being chased by Goombas, whom they defeat. Toadsworth tells them about the Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser, and everything else, starting Chapter 1.

---

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:24 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
D-Dazzle wrote:
^

Why do you always need to spam topics with your story ideas...?

Well excuse me for giving out suggestions. :mad:
Alos, found a glitch: When Waluigi enters a door, he's facing toward the player. He should be facing the opposite direction.
(Suggestion: Make Waluigi's Mushroom Eggplants, if you know what I mean *cough*Psycho Waluigi*cough*)

---

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:54 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
just wanna give out my 2¢:

@goombaking: Now while I see nothing really wrong with giving "suggestions", it's probably seen as polite to ask the author of the thread (in this case, smbmaster) if it's okay to do so, since he didn't say to give them initially. Just blurting out suggestions apparently does annoy some people, as dazzle said, so yeah, should probably just check to make sure it's okay before doing it.

@dazzle: Maybe when you said "stop spamming threads with random suggestions" he took that to heart. Possibly be a bit less brash when saying stuff to him, or maybe even PM him, using kinder words. And I mean this in the least arrogant way possible, not trying to pretentiously berate you or anything just attempting to smooth things out here for the better.
Spoiler:

ONTOPIC:
This looks great, smbmaster! And you can play as 4 characters (at least I think so). I'll be trying this out soon. :)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:29 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
smbmaster99 wrote:
EDIT: When reporting a glitch, to the best of your ability, please name the object that seems to have created the glitch, what happens when the glitch occurs, and what you were doing when the glitch happened.

Good afternoon, my fellow forum-goers and Mario fans. When I was working on Flame the Dragon, I also contributed to SMFR (sister project to MKF). I began building a little side project next to Flame the Dragon off the SMFR engine build that was given to me at that time, and when I released the Flame the Dragon demo, I began working a lot more on this side project.

Since then, this little game I began to build has become much bigger than just a side project, and I decided I would use what I had to build the Mario game I've been thinking up for nearly 3 years.

It is a Mario only game; no crossing over into other franchises whatsoever. It will be a sort of re-imagining of the 3 Super Mario Bros games, plus the two Super Mario Land games, and even a little bit of the Wario Bros.

Now before I go any further, I just want to give some credit to those who deserve it:

The Fusion Team -------------------- For this engine
The SMWASE Team ----------------- For permitting me to use some of their graphics in this project
DeeY ----------------------------------- For some of the code used in this game, and some graphics
Hello ----------------------------------- For the engine SMFR was built on
Nintendo ------------------------------ For creating the Mario Series
Mark Overmars ---------------------- For creating Game Maker 8
People from the SMBX community- For creating/editing some graphics
NO Body ------------------------------ For Wario and Waluigi's initial sprites
Anyone I left out unintentionally - For being awesome

To select which game from the series you want to play, I plan to have it sorta like SMAS's game selection menu, however, the games will play as chapters which you can unlock by beating the previous "game". Unlike the originals which only used the instruction books to give the back-stories, this game will make use of cutscenes to help progress the plot, and I'll try to keep them as close to the originals as possible, with some necessary inference to help add extra sense.

You'll be able to swap between Mario and Luigi throughout almost the whole game. Before starting a level (during chapter 1, or SMB1), you'll have the option of choosing a character. I plan to have the SMB2 cast and character selection system in chapter 2, and after that (SMB3+), you'll be able to change characters on the map screen. The only time you'll be restricted to one character will be during the Super Mario Land chapters (I'm still thinking on how this one will work out).

One more thing: I'm thinking on putting a shop system into this game. (E.G. after clearing a world, you'll be able to go to a small town and buy powerups with your coins that haven't gone over 99.) If you think I shouldn't do this, please leave your opinion in the comments.

Right now, the most important thing to me is making sure that which I have added/changed works appropriately for everyone. I have an engine test included at the bottom of this post.

A few things first:
[Waluigi]

His physics are still open to some minor changes. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Also, his powerups are coded, but not final. His have been the hardest to think up. His tanooki suit right now, is supposed to be the witch (Sabasa) from SML2. He changes into a boo when he flies. If you have a better idea for his tanooki suit, by all means, let me know. (HOWEVER, if you have a suggestion, it must be Mario-related. remember, NO crossover into other franchises). If you have any other suggestions for his other suits, let me know for that as well.

[Wario]
I feel a lot more satisfied with him, and I believe he's just about set in stone. Yet, he feels a little too strong to me. If you think some of his powers need to be reduced, let me know.

AND FINALLY, screenshots (can't leave them out now can we?) and the download link. There are only testing levels in the engine, no full levels.
Spoiler:

http://www.mediafire.com/?npdre9v7am2mg6m

smbmaster99, just wondering, I never seen you ask the SMWASETeam if you can use our graphics in our official website on zetasboards to use in your fangame. Do you have veritable proof that you had permission man?

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

I am the true darkness. MFGG stands in my way!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

sspp03 wrote:
smbmaster99, just wondering, I never seen you ask the SMWASETeam if you can use our graphics in our official website on zetasboards to use in your fangame. Do you have veritable proof that you had permission man?

Yes. Here's a screenshot of my request, and permission being granted: Spoiler:

Last edited by smbmaster99 on Thu May 10, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
smbmaster99 wrote:
sspp03 wrote:

Yes. Here's a screenshot of my request, and permission being granted: Spoiler:

Okay, carry on. BTW, your fangame is promising, do you mind if I can make some levels for your project?

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

D-Dazzle wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh yes, I see what you mean. I'll redo the map and post a picture again later.

@DeeY: Thanks DeeY, I'll keep that in mind. Some things I've seen you make for SMWASE are pretty neat.

@Goombaking123: I'm not really leaning towards story suggestions, but other suggestions/opinions, etc. are welcome. Yes, I plan on fixing the glitch with characters facing the wrong way when entering doors, and Waluigi's mushroom sprite is already an eggplant =P
sspp03 wrote:
Okay, carry on. BTW, your fangame is promising, do you mind if I can make some levels for your project?

Thanks. And if you indeed want to, feel free to contribute a couple levels. This game will have many :laugh:

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Below is an off topic post.

Spoiler:

Anyways, smbmaster99, what are your worlds for your game? Before I start designing levels for your game, I need some info on the world themes for the planned worlds you have in mind?

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
D-Dazzle wrote:
You're calling me a jerk? ...what the fudge.

You know what, I've had it with new MFGG members acting like they know everything, and acting like they are everything. You guys should know your boundaries, and be darn sure not to cross those. I wasn't trying to act like a jerk, or being one, I was just saying I think it's pretty annoying that you're always giving out suggestions - that nobody asked for. Don't just start flaming, that actually makes you more of a jerk than I am.
So, new members, hope you're happy now. Have a nice time around MFGG, I'll come back to this place whenever you guys decide to act like normal people. Now don't go all "Wrong topic", "You're actually being a jerk now", etc. I've been holding this back long enough now, but with all of these new guys MFGG just isn't what it used to be anymore. So, see ya.

I'm not saying you were a jerk; it's just that how you said "stop posting suggestions" l, it sounded like you were bashing me. It's just that I wanted to help. You see, SMBmaster can do everything-sprites, levels, coding, etc. When I'm stuck in this type of situation and I want to help, I suggest a suggestion. In the end, I just want to help. Isn't that what people want? To help people with their fangames? Isn't that what this site was for?

---

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

sspp03 wrote:
Below is an off topic post.
Anyways, smbmaster99, what are your worlds for your game? Before I start designing levels for your game, I need some info on the world themes for the planned worlds you have in mind?

I'm gonna try and think of some decent ones, but I'll go ahead and list an obvious one: Grass Land, which will show up in chapters 1, 3, and the ones to follow. I'm thinking each land will have a few different areas inside them. For example, inside Grass Land will be Bob-omb Battlefield, Block field (the first level the player plays in SMB3), and stuff like that. Sarasaland (The kingdom in SML 1) branches off of Desert Land, so some enemies from SML1 will appear in Desert Land later in the game.
Places like Forest Of Illusion and other places from SMW will also find their way into this game.

I plan for these concepts (enemies from other lands, and lands from other games branching from other lands) to come into play later in the game. (after chapter 3). However, feel free to use shyguys for SMB3+ chapters. I'm still sorta planning stuff about Subcon and how it fits into the real world in-game.

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:19 pm 
[*]
[*]
Sarasaland isn't just desert. It is made up of 4 kingdoms.
  1. Birabuto, the desert kingdom
  2. Muda, the oceanic kingdom
  3. Easton, the Easter-themed kingdom
  4. Chai, the Chinese-themed kingdom

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 am 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
MarioBrosFan2010 wrote:
Sarasaland isn't just desert. It is made up of 4 kingdoms.
  1. Birabuto, the desert kingdom
  2. Muda, the oceanic kingdom
  3. Easton, the Easter-themed kingdom
  4. Chai, the Chinese-themed kingdom

Don't ya think that every world in SML has an arid environment? I looked at the Box art which I made my concluions. Maybe that's why smbmster99 thinks he should have Sarsaland branc off from Desert Land.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:57 am 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Basically, Desert Land leads to the country of Sarasaland, where there will be the four regions.

---

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next  [ 386 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic