[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
...I'm not too good at making game topics, so.....

Here's my game. Blooper Rush!! All you do is travel in an underwater car collecting coins and killing bloopers and stuff.
Download it here

I guess updates and screenshots and stuff will be here. There is a mistake in the info file. It says to jump with "space", but that's a lie. You really jump with "shift". I'll have that fixes in the latest update.

Also, like the help file says, there are four little easter-eggs/secrets in this game (maybe there will be more as I go along). Some may be obvious to spot, others are not. If anyone discovers said easter eggs, you may post them here, but keep it in a 'spoiler tag' I guess, to avoid spoiling other members. The first person to discover some easter eggs will be recorded in this post, secretly. >:)

Looking foward to your guys' feedback!

1. Speculum found an easter egg: A group of coins say "Lol"
2. superbowser found an easter egg: Press Backspace at the menu to play as Peach
3. ToSoublaki found an easter egg: A group of coins say "don't get hit"
4. Elyk found an easter egg: If you last through the game without taking damage, you get a 'perfect' bonus

Development Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Last edited by behind on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
 Post subject: Re: Blooper Rush!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 am 
Ow, my me! :(
[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh man, that difficulty curve is annoying. You might want to make the blooper hordes smaller at the start; it's nigh impossible to get past them unharmed...
Other than that, the game is pretty good!

Spoiler:

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:19 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Speculum wrote:
Oh man, that difficulty curve is annoying. You might want to make the blooper hordes smaller at the start; it's nigh impossible to get past them unharmed...
Other than that, the game is pretty good!

Spoiler:
You mean difficult with the usage of the spin or without?

Regardless, thanks!

Speculum found a spoiler first!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Nice game!
I found the extra on the menu.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:50 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
superbowser wrote:
Nice game!
I found the extra on the menu.
Thanks! And that's very observant of you. ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm 
Pretty nice game! I especially liked the music.But I think that the game mechanics lead me to spam the spin more than I would have preferred. Apart from that it seems like a pretty good game :cool: . Spoiler: The coins saying do not get hit is probably one of the easter eggs

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
ToSoublaki wrote:
Pretty nice game! I especially liked the music.But I think that the game mechanics lead me to spam the spin more than I would have preferred. Apart from that it seems like a pretty good game :cool: . Spoiler: The coins saying do not get hit is probably one of the easter eggs
Yeah. The thing is it was originally going to be a regular "jump-n-stomp" type of platform game, but I'm terrible with that sort of stuff, so I just stuck with the spinning. Maybe I should have made the game less 'ctrl spammy'. But thanks!

And yes, that's one of the easter eggs. Way to go! :D

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 pm 
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
ToSoublaki wrote:
Yeah. The thing is it was originally going to be a regular "jump-n-stomp" type of platform game, but I'm terrible with that sort of stuff, so I just stuck with the spinning. Maybe I should have made the game less 'ctrl spammy'. But thanks!

And yes, that's one of the easter eggs. Way to go! :D

About the spin spinning thing maybe you can add some gasoline coins which give you 5 spins or something like a recharge bar(?). But since this is for a game competition this is just a minor flaw so no worries!

[pr]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:56 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Fun game!
Also, is it just me, or did you miss a coin in the huge group of coins before 'don't get hit?'

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:03 pm 
Ow, my me! :(
[*]
[*]
[*]

Crud, I didn't realise there was a spin move! That makes it tonnes better! I really should bother to read the information first. >_>

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:06 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
About the spin spinning thing maybe you can add some gasoline coins which give you 5 spins or something like a recharge bar(?). But since this is for a game competition this is just a minor flaw so no worries!
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
ToSoublaki wrote:
Yeah. The thing is it was originally going to be a regular "jump-n-stomp" type of platform game, but I'm terrible with that sort of stuff, so I just stuck with the spinning. Maybe I should have made the game less 'ctrl spammy'. But thanks! And yes, that's one of the easter eggs. Way to go! :D
About the spin spinning thing maybe you can add some gasoline coins which give you 5 spins or something like a recharge bar(?). But since this is for a game competition this is just a minor flaw so no worries!Okay, I'll definately consider that. Thanks!

Janj wrote:
Fun game!
Also, is it just me, or did you miss a coin in the huge group of coins before 'don't get hit?'
Thanks! :D
I probably did. The 'don't get hit' thing was honestly just a last minute attempt to squeeze in another easter egg, so I rushed and did it very sloppily, so there's a big chance that there's something missing in there.

Speculum wrote:

Crud, I didn't realise there was a spin move! That makes it tonnes better! I really should bother to read the information first. >_>
Lol, you had me worried there. I was gonna change the game like, majorly, too. :laugh:

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Janj wrote:
Fun game!
I probably did. The 'don't get hit' thing was honestly just a last minute attempt to squeeze in another easter egg, so I rushed and did it very sloppily, so there's a big chance that there's something missing in there.

lol
i didn't read the help either and kept losing. but then i accidentally presses ctrl so i started attacking

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:23 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Janj wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Janj wrote:
Fun game!

lol
i didn't read the help either and kept losing. but then i accidentally presses ctrl so i started attacking
lol. Maybe I should make an ingame instruction manual or something. xD

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:45 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Is there a face for one of the easter eggs?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:59 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
superbowser wrote:
Hmm?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 am 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
superbowser wrote:
Hmm?

Some coins and a piece of "grass" seemed to make a face. It apparently isn't one of the easter eggs though (I was trying to find out what the last one was).

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:08 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
superbowser wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
superbowser wrote:
Hmm?

Some coins and a piece of "grass" seemed to make a face. It apparently isn't one of the easter eggs though (I was trying to find out what the last one was).
:huh: Um, no I'm afraid not. I don't even see any smilies. Care to upload a snapshot or something?

But who knows, I may end up updating the game and adding more easter eggs.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:13 am 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
superbowser wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Hmm?

:huh: Um, no I'm afraid not. I don't even see any smilies. Care to upload a snapshot or something?

I'll upload a screenshot when I'm on the computer your game is downloaded on.
It would be awesome if you updated this. Maybe you could add some new levels or something like that.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:15 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
superbowser wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
superbowser wrote:

I'll upload a screenshot when I'm on the computer your game is downloaded on.
It would be awesome if you updated this. Maybe you could add some new levels or something like that.
Ok, thanks!

And, I'm now definately going to update this with new levels and stuff. ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:51 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I assume that the final secret is that if you never get hit you get a "flawless" bonus

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic