[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
hey mfgg "we're" on discord now

the way i'm going to handle this is a bit looser and a bit tighter than on the skype group. anyone can join (via this link) however access per link is only granted for 24 hours. what does this mean? the chance of non-mfggers randomly joining is lowered, and i can "control" when the doors are open and when they're not. that being said, i'll try to have new links up regularly so as to not keep anyone out. you can also PM me directly to get a link should it not be open.

i'm going to try to crack down on hostile/obnoxious users as well, being that admins have the ability not only to mute and deafen rowdy users but also move them out of channels completely as well.

the "drive" to join the discord server is that there are multiple channels that serve different purposes- you have a channel dedicated to showcasing your work, a channel for general discussion, and there's even a voice channel where you could actually talk amongst other users, which is something the skype group's gotten too big for. of course you can do all of this not only from the discord program itself (which you can get here) but in-browser as well.

current admins are myself and camtendo. should people start to come in i might carry over admin roles from the skype group. all are welcome, and here's the link to the channel again in case anyone might've missed it-

https://discord.gg/0tj88ZD08uqHZQe4

rules-
Quote:
1. Don't antagonize others. If I see it start and if it's completely baseless it'll result in kicks or mutes, assuming I can't try to defuse it myself, or if it doesn't defuse itself quickly

2. Don't be OVERLY obnoxious. What that means is stuff like "chat died" or general spam will probably result in a warning, followed by a temp mute, and repeat offenses will result in a kick

3. Don't drag outside disputes or people in just to antagonize. An extension of rule 1, only really exists because that actually happened and I don't want it happening again

4. Whenever the jukebox bot starts being ran again, don't abuse it. If you're alone, you can do whatever you want, but if multiple people are listening, don't put something completely random on just to piss people off

5. Generally, try to be respectful. I don't like passive aggression, at all. I try to put everyone on equal footing, and I'm not going to let personal grudges get in the way of holding an actual conversation

Last edited by Mit on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG on discord
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:17 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
for some reason I go as LuigiFanMario on there and not Technoflops so if you are confused who that is there you go

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:41 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
new link - https://discord.gg/0tj88ZD08uto12Q1

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:06 am 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
bumping this with a saturday morning new link- https://discord.gg/0tj88ZD08utB1z1r

and an update for those unwilling to give it a shot- so far the discord server's been well received, naturally by the people who're making the jump from skype to discord, but also by people jumping into an MFGG chat for the first time. i see a lot of names in the userlist that i didn't see in other chats which is always good to see.

over the past few days i've been looking into getting a few things in order, such as a music bot for designated voice channels, some admin channels, and a few other things that make it overall a more streamlined, organized place to be. i've been on/off thinking about finding a way to "link" the discord and the IRC via bot, so an IRC channel may come into fruition at some point. maybe.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

You can set the invite links to not expire.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:00 am 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Elyk wrote:
You can set the invite links to not expire.

i'm aware, but i'd rather them not be constantly active so as to avoid random guests joining. if there's a way to have a user-only visible link i'd be for that.

that being said; https://discord.gg/0tj88ZD08urffNqA

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:52 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
alright so here's what i've decided to do

i've made a code that never expires, however if you join and disconnect before being set to a role (ie a member role), you'll be kicked automatically. so if you're new, make sure to join and make it clear who you are on MFGG so either me or one of the other mods can grant you access.

https://discord.gg/0tj88ZD08upcc9Si

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:51 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
apparently the "temp user group" thing isn't working right, so whatever, i'll just keep the link open all the time. i've added it to the OP as well.

https://discord.gg/0tj88ZD08uqHZQe4

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:09 pm 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Minor thread bumps are permitted on this iteration of MFGG when the post content of the bump is relevant, right? (If not, uh-oh, I'm in trouble. :whoops: )

I actually need someone in charge of the MFGG Discord to PM me a list of things I do that you don't want me to do in the Discord Chat so I don't get kicked out.

I haven't annoyed anyone so far as far as I can tell, and I haven't been kicked out, but there are no rules that I know of besides "no using racial slurs" (which is something I wouldn't do anyway.) This is stressful.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:27 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
in response to the last post i made a quick list of rules-

Quote:
1. Don't antagonize others. If I see it start and if it's completely baseless it'll result in kicks or mutes, assuming I can't try to defuse it myself, or if it doesn't defuse itself quickly

2. Don't be OVERLY obnoxious. What that means is stuff like "chat died" or general spam will probably result in a warning, followed by a temp mute, and repeat offenses will result in a kick

3. Don't drag outside disputes or people in just to antagonize. An extension of rule 1, only really exists because that actually happened and I don't want it happening again

4. Whenever the jukebox bot starts being ran again, don't abuse it. If you're alone, you can do whatever you want, but if multiple people are listening, don't put something completely random on just to piss people off

5. Generally, try to be respectful. I don't like passive aggression, at all. I try to put everyone on equal footing, and I'm not going to let personal grudges get in the way of holding an actual conversation

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:06 am 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]