Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 52 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [gb]
 Post subject: Minigame Competition #16 - Space
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:58 pm 
MRPG:TT Creator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Allright, seeing as the last competition ended up being non-completed, Guiena allowed me to set up the theme. This competition will be 7-days long, and it will start at the first second of 2012. Better make your New Year's Resoultion to enter this competition and try your best!

As per always, there are rules that need to be followed. The rules can be found on the timer page, but here they are, but worded somewhat diffrently to the normal rules.

1. You have one week from the start of the competition to create the (mini)game. That's 7 days, or 168 hours, in which you need to make it. No extensions.
2. Your entry must be posted in this topic before the deadline passes. Any late entries will not be counted. Remember this well.
3. Teams are allowed only if it is a team of two people, comprising of a Spriter and a Programmer. If the team would get a badge, both of them will get it. Teams of three or more will be disqualified. No exceptions.
4. No previously made engines (whether made by yourself or someone else) are allowed, but you are allowed to re-use some lines of old code, as long as it is "fair use". (For example, you are allowed to re-use a dialog box script from another game that you have worked on, or that has been released to the public domain, but you can't build your game using Hello Engine.)
5. Feel free to document your work, using a camera, live broadcast, audio recording, screen recording, twitter-like log etc. Make sure that, if you do document your work, to include this with your submission. It's not required, but it helps us see how you progressed.
6. Feel free to sleep, eat, drink and go out as much as you need. You do not need to program the full 168 hours, nor is it recommended!
7. Games are restricted to games which main focus is a Nintendo licence, including, but not limited to, Mario games, or games where the content and characters are completly new.

Good luck out there, and go win some badges with your (mini)games for this competition! One lucky entry may even get more than just a badge if they work hard enough, but more about that once the competition is going well. I don't want to spoil the suprise just yet...

Edit: Well done to those of you who entered the competition! But even though this has ended, the game is still afoot...

Last edited by ah2190 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Creator of Mario: Wind Walkers (Ex-3rd place in Minigame Comp 13)
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
My name is Guinea.

Also stickied and it's called a minigame competition, not a contest, so I fixed that for you.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, I finished fixing the rest of the text, replacing all the 'contest' with 'competition'. I also like how you changed the bit I posted about extensions being up to you to 'No Extensions'. Talk about being clear on a point!

Anyways, as I'm somewhat hosting the contest, being the theme picker, I won't be entering, and Guinea has also stated that he'll won't possibly be entering, as I needed to tell him about the theme before setting it up. Still, I do hope that this contest has a better turnout than the last one, which had one bugged entry which ended up being pulled out.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:59 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Sweet, but why do the letters look all weird? It's kind of harder to read than the normal comp setup.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:02 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Sorry about that, was trying to be a bit fancy and all. But here's a plain text version of those rules:

1. You have one week from the start of the competition to create the (mini)game. That's 7 days, or 168 hours, in which you need to make it. No extensions.
2. Your entry must be posted in this topic before the deadline passes. Any late entries will not be counted. Remember this well.
3. Teams are allowed only if it is a team of two people, comprising of a Spriter and a Programmer. If the team would get a badge, both of them will get it. Teams of three or more will be disqualified. No exceptions.
4. No previously made engines (whether made by yourself or someone else) are allowed, but you are allowed to re-use some lines of old code, as long as it is "fair use". (For example, you are allowed to re-use a dialog box script from another game that you have worked on, or that has been released to the public domain, but you can't build your game using Hello Engine.)
5. Feel free to document your work, using a camera, live broadcast, audio recording, screen recording, twitter-like log etc. Make sure that, if you do document your work, to include this with your submission. It's not required, but it helps us see how you progressed.
6. Feel free to sleep, eat, drink and go out as much as you need. You do not need to program the full 168 hours, nor is it recommended!
7. Games are restricted to games which main focus is a Nintendo licence, including, but not limited to, Mario games, or games where the content and characters are completly new.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:59 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
Well, I finished fixing the rest of the text, replacing all the 'contest' with 'competition'. I also like how you changed the bit I posted about extensions being up to you to 'No Extensions'. Talk about being clear on a point!

Anyways, as I'm somewhat hosting the contest, being the theme picker, I won't be entering, and Guinea has also stated that he'll won't possibly be entering, as I needed to tell him about the theme before setting it up. Still, I do hope that this contest has a better turnout than the last one, which had one bugged entry which ended up being pulled out.

lol it wasnt bugged, i just forgot to take out 1 hardcoded line. Anyways i hope you chose a good theme.

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:37 am 
S̛̜̭͚̗͚̪͚̃ͯ̑̉̾̍̎O͙͈̻͖̣͍ͬͨͧO̯̮̯̠N̩̫̣͛̔
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh god, I'ma gettin jumpy

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:02 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
that wall of text wrote:

thats a bit easier to read,

anywhoo, I wonder what this weeks theme is going to be?

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:14 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, that's for me to know and for you guys to find out once 2012 starts. But one thing's for certain - it isn't going to be anything related to what might happen if the Mayans predicted something correctly.

Oh, and one tiny thing. Originally, the idea was going to end up focusing solely on a certain Mario series, (but with you making your own take on it - it didn't even need to be the same genre of game) but I expanded it in one way so that it's less restrictive. But some elements have been left behind which may point towards that old idea...

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:29 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
Well, that's for me to know and for you guys to find out.

and with that, my enthusiasm is gone.... :shifty:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:04 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
ah2190 wrote:
Well, that's for me to know and for you guys to find out.

and with that, my enthusiasm is gone.... :shifty:

I'm no longer jumpy. :shifty: :blank:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:09 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hmm... I think that "starting off 2012 with a bang!" line has something to do with the theme

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:12 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
You have no idea, Moonrat... you have no idea as to what I picked.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:31 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
You have no idea, Moonrat... you have no idea as to what I picked.

I was just saying.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:07 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, I will possibly not be on anymore until near the end of the comp, so good luck. And Guinea? When the clock hits 0, feel free to edit my post for me. I will not be back until about the 7th, the last day of the comp, so you have my permission to edit my post until I get back.

But, before I vanish for a good week, here's one final hint, which may or may not point to both the theme and the bonus thing I have planned: (which I'll fully announce once I get back) Mad Gaming Destruction.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:48 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
An outer space game, REQUIRING star bits....

eh, screw this,
you would just find some way to say i didnt use the theme anyway.
goodbye.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:57 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
im not liking this theme that much either. You basically told us to make a space enviroment where you have to include starbits -- make a grass enviroment where you include coins. Not much difference between the two.

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting on the 1st second of 2012

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:59 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hmm...
I've already got an idea!
Luma: Lock & Load

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:47 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Still a bad theme. Really, starbits?! Some starters will have trouble using the code you described! That's a strict theme: starbit can kill enemies or unlock stuffs. Or don't get too many of them.

I'll enter this anyways.

Last edited by Hypernova on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 52 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked