Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
TM: TVG; Ideas and Design topic, Help out by lending some ideas!
 [us]
 Post subject: TM: TVG; Ideas and Design topic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:57 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
For my project, Travix Man: The Video Game, I am starting to run out of ideas for the enemies of my project. Most of the enemies are done except Worlds 1, and 2. I would like to ask you MFGGers if you will help out, I would appreciate any and all ideas for this project. You'll get full credit for the each idea you come up with. :cool:

You can also come up with items also, for I am running out of ideas for those as well. You can also come up with mini-boss ideas (Techically they aren't really mini-bosses, but only 1 enemy in the game. For instance, Flowerly might be a mini-boss. Another example is the Zappatron enemy in World 7, which there's only 1 of. 1 enemy = "Mini-boss",)

Any/All help would be appreciated. :D

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: TM: TVG; Ideas and Design topic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:12 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It's hard to say, since all I saw from the demo you posted was a one-level engine test. Would you mind telling us more about the story or features you plan to add to the engine?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:19 pm 
[mscproductions]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I posted an engine test I made for TravixMan's game. I scrapped it. We're back to square one.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:23 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
It's hard to say, since all I saw from the demo you posted was a one-level engine test. Would you mind telling us more about the story or features you plan to add to the engine?

I am updating the game, for the last engine is obsolete. And this is the current story.

Plot
The evil darkness king, Dark Trevo invades the land of Xylvania with his Darkling army, along with his 3 henchmen, Dr. Freakenstein, General Robotler, and Trevo Jr. (His little brother), to steal the remaining 7 Xylvanian Crystals (He has the secret 8th one in his staff). When they break into Travix Man's house, their location, Travis X., the father of Travix Man, wakes up to find that Dark Trevo arrived in Xylvania. He refuses to give the Xylvanian Crystals, so throws a smoke bomb hidden inside a secret compartment of his cane. Dark Trevo then orders his minions to capture him, when Travix Man's girlfriend, Sylvia arrives to help Travis X., only to fall victim to Dark Trevo's Darkness power from his staff. Dark Trevo kidnaps her as well, and leaves Xylvania with his minions.

That morning, Travix Man and Little T., his little brother, go down the stairs to get some breakfast when they notice Darklings around the area. Travis X.'s ghost appears, only to explain that it is a hologram, and he isn't dead. Then Travis X.'s hologram then lead Travix Man and Little T. to a tutorial room.

After the tutorial is done, the game begins at World 1: The Grasslands. Travix Man and Little T. must travel to all 7 worlds to get 1 of 7 Xylvanian Crystals each. When they get all of them, The Dark Realm opens, and Travix Man and Little T. must face off against Dark Trevo. His henchmen try to stop you along the way, for they are bosses of World 5, 6, and 7.

More info is on the site here. http://travixmancomics.webs.com/

EDIT: Nevermind, there was an old game with an old engine on the site I send, but the engine has changed. It was MSC who posted that engine, since the old engine to my version was on GM.

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:35 pm 
[mscproductions]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
The engine I posted was a test engine that will never be used. Sorry for the confusion.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:52 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yes, what MarioSonicCouncil said is true, for the latest engine for my version is on my site that I posted last post.

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:56 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
If you want to see some enemy concepts to get some ideas, look here in the graphics and audio topic! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13088

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Here's the Mini-Bosses and Bosses so far.

Mini-Bosses
Spoiler:

Bosses
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:48 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Since I am extremely busy with school work now, I'll work more on the game in Summer. In the meantime, more enemy designs will be done. :D

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:54 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
For now, I shall make a tiny bit of my own engine. First, what type of game should it be? Post your replies here!

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm 
Pootis
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
TravixMan wrote:
For now, I shall make a tiny bit of my own engine. First, what type of game should it be? Post your replies here!

Classic Mega-Man style!

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:14 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Isometric is my Idea.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:30 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
hmmm...MPA switch way with health!

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:31 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
MarioBros 101 wrote:
TravixMan wrote:

Classic Mega-Man style!

Hmm.. Maybe, since I like the old Mega-Man games. New ones suck.

Off Topic: Have you ever watched Mega-Man Dies at the End? It's on Machinima on Youtube!

zdude684 wrote:
Isometric is my Idea.

What's Isometric? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with that term, although I've heard it before.

UltLuigi wrote:
hmmm...MPA switch way with health!

I forgot all about Mario Party Advance, for that game was horrible for the most part. At least some mini-games were fun. I still have the game, so I'll have to play it soon.

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:19 pm 
[mscproductions]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Quote:
What's Isometric? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with that term, although I've heard it before.

Isometric is a method of 2D gameplay. The visual style looks 3D. For example, look at Sonic 3D Blast. :cool:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
MarioSonicCouncil wrote:
Quote:

Isometric is a method of 2D gameplay. The visual style looks 3D. For example, look at Sonic 3D Blast. :cool:

Oh, I see now. Also, isn't Mario and Luigi RPG games like that too?

And the game will not be 3D. I'm saving 3D for another thing... :cool:

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
yes, M&L is just like that.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 pm 
[mscproductions]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Isometric is not 3D. It looks 3D, but the actual gameplay is 2D for there is no Z-Axis.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 pm 
Wario's Number 1!
[*]
[*]
[*]
MarioSonicCouncil wrote:
Isometric is not 3D. It looks 3D, but the actual gameplay is 2D for there is no Z-Axis.

I knew that, but indeed, it looks like 3D. That's why I said I would use 3D for something else.

Also, any enemy ideas for Worlds 1 and 2? All of the other worlds enemy lists are completed.

World 1: The Grasslands. Basically, just normal typical enemies that are easy.

Ideas
1. Mad Jack In The Box: Minions of the first bosses, they move left, when Travix Man looks at them, then come out when he's standing or facing left.
2. Darkling: Foot soldiers of Dark Trevo's army. They move towards Travix Man.
3. Venus Bite Trap: Plants that are similar to Piranha Plants, except they hide by covering their faces with their leaves.
4. Weed Whacker (Not the drug, the plant.): They cut down vines, causing problems during climbing.
5. Para-Darkling: Flying forms of Darklings, once they see Travix Man, they swoop down on him.
7. Flowerie: Mini-boss, strategy soon.

World 2: The Tropics. Enemies that are somewhat tropical.

Ideas
1. Krab: Minions of the second boss, they move sidestep, moving their arms up and down.
2. Stickz (Name will change soon): They act as poles that Travix Man can't pass, but Little T. can pass them due to his high jumping/propeller. Little T. then must change back into Travix Man and slam them into the ground.
3. Jelly-Grabbish: They move underwater, and grab hold of Travix Man/Little T.. You must break free by using the attack button.
4. Rockmite: They disguise themselves by looking like rocks, but when you get close, they'll come out of hiding.
6. Sand Worm (Name Change soon): Canine-like worms that camouflage in the sand to hide. Then when Travix Man gets near the rock-like nose, he opens his large mouth and eats Travix Man and Little T.. To prevent this, they must use a projectile attack at the nose to defeat this canine worm.
7. Octopuller: Orange octopuses that not only travel underwater, but also hover in the air using their rapid fast tentacles to fly. They mostly try to grab Travix Man, and attempt to pull him away from where he's going.

EDIT: Also, I can't really work on the game, because Game Maker Pro somehow disappeared. I might need the files again, as well as downloading the program. :(

Last edited by TravixMan on Tue May 01, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

Games I support!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 pm 
[mscproductions]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]